Retin A

4.1

Retin A Cream Each g of cream contains: tretinoin 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05% or 0.1% in a bland, hydrophilic base. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl (40) stearate, purified water, sorbic acid, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and xanthan gum. Retin A Gel Each g of gel contains: tretinoin 0.01% or 0.025%. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, ethanol undenatured and hydroxypropyl cellulose. Retin-A Liquid (0.05% Tretinoin w/w) polyethylene glycol 400, butylated hydroxytoluene and alcohol (denatured with tert-butyl alcohol and brucine sulfate) 55%

on 6/1/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hey Evryone. I started using (0,1%)about 3 weeks ago.. ive tried it already like a year ago for like 2 weeks (0,05%) but didnt see any results so quit it.
so this time i use it for like one week and then my skin started to dry and almost cracked when i didnt put on moist. so it was reall really dry. like 2 minutes after i washed my faced and tap it dry my skin was almost peeling of.. so i took a long hot bath and used a soft towel to get rid of the peeling skin. .my skin is still really dry though..so i would really recommened evryone to use a good moist. sometimes i cream my face 2 or 3 times during the day.. i use the treatment in the night without a moisturizer. but during the day i use reatin a cream and loads of moist .. a friend told me to not use moist during the night so the retin a can work better. in the 2nd week i had loads of breakouts .. i already wanted to quit the treatment but didnt. because i wanted to give it a try.. so right now.. i dont have any pimples left.and my acne scares are barely visible anymore..also i think my fine lines on my forehead are getting better. so i would totally recommend to use retin a but be sure you always have a moisturizer with you ..and you should always put on sunblocker with at least 30 ( i use spf 50)

on 5/30/2011 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was perscribed for this for acne and it took like 2 weeks for my skin to get used to it because it can be drying. (I used too much in the beginning so that could be why) but I use it as a spot treatment at night and I swear 80% of the time the acne disappears over night or at least smoothes out. and I get the ocassional Mt. Everest pimples that have white heads and hurt.Same tube for 3 years still haven't ran out, you only need a dab so it will last FOREVER!

on 5/30/2011 12:42:00 PM

I just started a new blog about my retin-A treatment, because I am starting using it. I would be adding photos hopefully every week, so that we could see some improvement or difference. I have used it three times so far, and actually no peeling or itching occured (weird?). I will be updating every week, just now I posted photos from week one. (This is not an advert! I hope it could help a lot of people that want to start with retin-a as well) battle4perfectskin.blogspot.com

on 5/28/2011 10:14:00 PM

I've been prescribed this cream by my dermatologist to help clear up my acne scars and blemishes, and I have to say, my skin is a whole lot better appearance-wise! I used to have angry red spots where my acne used to be, and since I've started using this, the spots and redness aren't as noticeable as before. I mean, they're still visible, but when I wear foundation I don't need to use a green concealer to correct the redness.

One thing about this, though, you need to be VERY patient when using this cream, because the first few weeks (in my case, the first few MONTHS) will be flaking craziness and all your hidden/buried acne will come out. This can be very frustrating, but a good solution to this is exfoliating every day with a gentle scrub. I use either a homemade honey-olive oil-sugar scrub, or the St. Ives peach apricot scrub. If your skin isn't too sensitive, you can scrub twice a day if you want. Also, if your skin gets too dry, you can experiment on how many times a week you use the cream, I used to use this every three days because it dried me out so much, but now I've increased it to every other day.

Anyway, this product is really worth the few months of flaking because it really has cleared my skin up quite considerably.

on 5/28/2011 8:11:00 PM

I started using this product as a teenager and I cannot recommend it enough. It gets rid of blemishes, makes your skin perfect, fades spots, and keeps you from wrinkling. In general people tend to think I am about ten years younger than I am and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I would not waste my money on expensive beauty products that claim to get rid of acne or wrinkles. Just go to your dermatologist, get a prescription, and enjoy!

Please note: you might break out worse for the first few weeks as your skin purges...just suffer through it. It's more than worth it! And, if your skin gets too dry, don't use so much or ask your doctor for a lower strength. Play with it, get it right—it works.

on 4/10/2011 9:02:00 PM

I tried all the skin care to treat my acne and nothing works like Retin A. It will take some time to see the result and will be discourage to continue the treatment for the first few weeks but I did not stop using it till I get the result I am hoping for.

All you need is patience and lot of moisturizer with higher SPF, now the only thing that I am working on is clearing out my acne marks.

on 4/10/2011 8:44:00 PM

I am 32 and have mild-moderate acne. I was at my derm for another issue, and asked about retinoids because I was curious. He said I could benefit from retin-a because of my acne, and Rx'ed the 0.05% cream. I was a little concerned about the cream clogging my pores, but I have done really well on it. I've been on for 4 months so far and my acne is completely gone. My fine lines around my eyes are much less noticeable. My skin is so soft and smooth and positively glowing. I use this every other night and alternate with AHA (glycolic acid leave on) and use a mandelic or lactic acid peel once a week. Before Retin-A, I tried many products and never found anything to significantly improve my skin. Also, the tiny tube lasts forever (I'm still on my first tube and nowhere near finished) and I find it is really economical because of the benefit:cost ratio.

on 4/9/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this works for my acne! i like it!
5 stars!
but it takes time, it is supposed to help control acne and acne scarring, and it somewhat does, but being patient is the key

on 4/9/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the only product which work for my acne so far... much cheaper than other product in the market.

on 4/9/2011 9:52:00 AM

Im 45 and been using Retin A for years. I have wrinkles, age spots, blemishes, but the RA really smoothes everything. If I stop using it for a while, the difference in skin texture is incredible - skin like old tree bark, thats not a side effect, thats my original ageing skin lol! I get breakouts (ironically from the sunscreens which HAVE to be worn daily with this treatment) but they dont last more than a day as the RA turns blemishes out really quick. I also have sensitive skin, I can only tolerate the 0.25% (lowest dose cream). And even then, I cant use this at full strength every day without experiencing redness and peeling. BUT I discovered that half/half moisturiser + RA, mixed in the palm of your hand before applying works perfectly for me. All the smoothing benefits without any of the side effects. My nightly ritual. Will never give this up. I buy a proper branded RA online, at a fraction of the price the dermatologist charged me.

Popular Treatments (Face)