Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually have this color in Slate Grey. Not impressed. Even when I use a primer this smudges like I don't know what. I put it on before a movie and 1.5 hours later, it was nowhere to be found. This is such a shame because the color is nice, but it's not worth reapplying every two hours.

on 1/12/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice black color, with a sponge tip at the other end AND a sharpener - but even with my heavy duty UDPP, this stuff still smeared all day long. Awful, awful, awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Started with this when I was a beginner at eyeliner, and still use it when all I want is a good dependable easy-to-use black. Goes on smooth, doesn't flake off, easy to correct mistakes, and the smudger is lovely for achieving the smoky eye look. It never breaks and I love that I don't ever have to sharpen it!! Only bad thing is that it's not waterproof, so a swipe at any corner when you've got watery eyes means you've got to reapply at that part.

on 12/6/2008 4:52:00 PM

id have to agree the previous reviewer. this goes on really smoothly but it smudges horribly. this isn't worth the money. it smudges in less in 5 minutes. i really regret spending $5

on 12/4/2008 2:54:00 PM

Goes on very smoothly, but smudges badly. I was very surprised and disappointed -- I was used to Revlon ColorStay and Prestige Waterproof pencils (both of which have excellent lasting power and do not smudge --although Color Stay doesn't apply as smoothly). I still use it every once in awhile, when I want a smudgier look, or when I don't need a liner to last 12 hours, or when it's not hot out, b/c I like the ease of application, but I would definitely not repurchase.

on 12/2/2008 2:21:00 AM

It goes on smoothly.... but after 10 seconds it smudges and goes into your eye. I got an infection after that. Maybelline eyeliners aren't always the best. Try australis or revlon. DON'T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is pretty good. Minimal smudging and takes a little bit of work to remove,but not so bad. I know there are better eyeliners,but I'll have to finish this one before I explore the others...

I can create the kind of line I want, so that's good too

on 11/17/2008 5:07:00 AM

I love how it applies so precise on my lash line. I know this is supposed to be used with the smudge tip but I generally just use this as my liner. I like how I can apply this so thinly because other liners can smudge out even if I try to apply as close as I can to my lash line. This can also be great for beginners, I recommended this to my cousin who's in 8th grade.

on 11/2/2008 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i like it so far!! i've only had it on for about an hour...bt it goes on so smooth!! And the All In One pencil idea is good and convient!!

on 11/1/2008 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I second what everyone else said: smudges. Then again, I don't want a super defined line (I use cream eyeliner and a brush for that) so I use this for smokey eye looks. And for that, it works beautifully so I give it a 4. Plus, it's pretty easy to put on as long as you're careful not to smudge it everywhere. Just don' t buy it if you want a skinny, super-defined line.