October 1, 2014 | 1174 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by amberashpie

Like the majority of reviewers, I LOVE the colour. I am glad that I took a chance by buying it, as the colour does not look like the bottle. It is a subtle pink colour with a pale violet/grey tint - the perfect nude for my skin tone -it just gives a more sophisticated finish. I like this shade better then Dulche de Leche (which has more of an apricot tint to it). I used two layers and it's the fifth day already and no chipping yet!! Most of the cheaper polishes that I used in the past would have started chipping by day 3. The brush provided is also a lot thicker, so it picks up more of the polish. Will DEFINITELY buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

OMG this color is absolutely perfect. It looks even better in real life than it does online/in photos, which I can't say for most nail colors! I already own several natural nail colors, but TMF is different enough. It has a pinch of grey/taupe but doesn't give me corpse hands. Very flattering against my warm complexion, even in the dead of winter. It reminds me of $OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff but cooler and without the peach tones, and like a lighter more pastel version of OPI Dulce de Leche. Love this and would definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mtngirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everytime I see this in the store I turn away. But after reading so many good reviews I thought I would try and am so glad I did! This goes on well and the color is beautiful. It's a very nice neutral. Kind of a "putty" like color. I am trying to get my nails back in shape after year and years of acrylic wear and this looks so nice on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Purchased this as I wanted a pale color and like it because it's a nice change from the usual pale pink, pale ivory colors. I put on two coats but think I would like even better if I add a third.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I LOVE this color!!! The best find of the year (nail wise) for me! The perfect nude, for when I don't want a boring clear/pink/french nails, but don't feel like wearing darker polish that'll really show the chips (i'm bad at nail upkeep and I use my hands waaaay too much). I love most of the Fall 2008 France collection - the marketing was soooo divine and it turns out the colors were just as nice hehehe.

PROS:
- THE COLOR! On my NC30 skin, it's dark/lavander enough so that it doesn't look like my fingers don't have nails. It's subtle but makes my hands look clean and classy. I can't stop looking at them!
- Pretty easy to put on - I have tiny fingers so the pro-wide brush is a little too big, but I can still manage pretty well. It took two coats (the first was a little streaky and translucent) but I was in a hurry so I might've been able to do it in one, we'll see next time.
- Lasted quite a long time - I went to Beijing for two weeks and did a lot of rough stuff to my hands, but the polish stood up to the damage. And even with chips, it's such a great color you can't really see them unless you try!

Cons:
- I can see this not looking good on some skintones, so it's important to swatch it if you can!
- Price: I know OPI isn't the most expensive polish out there, but it still pains me to pay $8.50 for a polish! I suggest if you really like the polish on you, go order online - I see them go as low as $4.95!

Conclusion:
I will buy this again and again! I hope they never discontinue this! Great for any occasion, work or play! Please, give this winner a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by tararae

This is a fabulous nude color. My previous fave for nudish nails was Bubble Bath but this is a hint darker with a touch of lavender added. I picked this color at a nail salon for a mani but will be purchasing for future home use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by diana6

This looked like a really neutral lavender-gray in the bottle, a seemingly perfect winter color. However, next on me it was awful! My hands looked corpse-like and dead with this shade. I'm a huge fan of OPI, but this color was just not for me! It just clashed with my cool skin tone. It just didn't really look nude - it was a lot more gray with a hint of purple in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by miskande

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful nude shade I've ever used. It's the only only that matched my olive skin tone and didn't look like it was the same color as my skin. I imagine this would suit most skin tones. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS COLOUR!

It is a nude colour mixed with a bit of mauve and brown. It is perfect for the workplace without being overly dramatic.

You will need at least 3 coats just to see the colour, but it is INCREDIBLE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Second mani with this color - I think it should become a go-to color for me. A beautiful nude color. All creme. High shine. No shimmer. A classy neutral that also should work in warmer seasons, too. IIRC, this one may be similar to Dulce de Leche, but this one is far better for skin tones like mine. (DdL is not right on me - almost makes me look sickly).