January 31, 2015 | 2097 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle My France-y

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by vearl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prefect nude for my skintone (Asian with light medium yellow skin). The mauve is quite unique compare to other nude shades out there...kind of grayish lavenderish. I like to layer it over a light pink cream like Passion to create a my-nails-but-better look. The color can be a little boring though, but I love it when I am not in the mood of colorful nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Usually nudes make me look dead, but the mauve tint to this color makes it wearable. It's a bit boring perhaps, but sometimes you need boring. I think it is very chic, though not everyone agrees with me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this!!! I work in a very conservative environment and definitely could not pull off the wacky nail colors that the nail boarders wear each day! TMF is a mauve-tinged neutral that looks classy but with a subtle little kick that makes me glad I'm not wearing a neutral pink sheer day in day out. Application is a breeze, best of all brands of polish I've tried. So glad I discovered this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by tayenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

An amazing colour! Luckily, I saw someone wearing it, because from the looks of it in the bottle, it's not all that... On the nails, however, it's amazing. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by amberashpie

Like the majority of reviewers, I LOVE the colour. I am glad that I took a chance by buying it, as the colour does not look like the bottle. It is a subtle pink colour with a pale violet/grey tint - the perfect nude for my skin tone -it just gives a more sophisticated finish. I like this shade better then Dulche de Leche (which has more of an apricot tint to it). I used two layers and it's the fifth day already and no chipping yet!! Most of the cheaper polishes that I used in the past would have started chipping by day 3. The brush provided is also a lot thicker, so it picks up more of the polish. Will DEFINITELY buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

OMG this color is absolutely perfect. It looks even better in real life than it does online/in photos, which I can't say for most nail colors! I already own several natural nail colors, but TMF is different enough. It has a pinch of grey/taupe but doesn't give me corpse hands. Very flattering against my warm complexion, even in the dead of winter. It reminds me of $OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff but cooler and without the peach tones, and like a lighter more pastel version of OPI Dulce de Leche. Love this and would definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mtngirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everytime I see this in the store I turn away. But after reading so many good reviews I thought I would try and am so glad I did! This goes on well and the color is beautiful. It's a very nice neutral. Kind of a "putty" like color. I am trying to get my nails back in shape after year and years of acrylic wear and this looks so nice on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Purchased this as I wanted a pale color and like it because it's a nice change from the usual pale pink, pale ivory colors. I put on two coats but think I would like even better if I add a third.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I LOVE this color!!! The best find of the year (nail wise) for me! The perfect nude, for when I don't want a boring clear/pink/french nails, but don't feel like wearing darker polish that'll really show the chips (i'm bad at nail upkeep and I use my hands waaaay too much). I love most of the Fall 2008 France collection - the marketing was soooo divine and it turns out the colors were just as nice hehehe.

PROS:
- THE COLOR! On my NC30 skin, it's dark/lavander enough so that it doesn't look like my fingers don't have nails. It's subtle but makes my hands look clean and classy. I can't stop looking at them!
- Pretty easy to put on - I have tiny fingers so the pro-wide brush is a little too big, but I can still manage pretty well. It took two coats (the first was a little streaky and translucent) but I was in a hurry so I might've been able to do it in one, we'll see next time.
- Lasted quite a long time - I went to Beijing for two weeks and did a lot of rough stuff to my hands, but the polish stood up to the damage. And even with chips, it's such a great color you can't really see them unless you try!

Cons:
- I can see this not looking good on some skintones, so it's important to swatch it if you can!
- Price: I know OPI isn't the most expensive polish out there, but it still pains me to pay $8.50 for a polish! I suggest if you really like the polish on you, go order online - I see them go as low as $4.95!

Conclusion:
I will buy this again and again! I hope they never discontinue this! Great for any occasion, work or play! Please, give this winner a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by tararae

This is a fabulous nude color. My previous fave for nudish nails was Bubble Bath but this is a hint darker with a touch of lavender added. I picked this color at a nail salon for a mani but will be purchasing for future home use.