July 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I really like this foundation for it's many great qualities execpt it's pricetag. I was matched with 764 but the SA told me to use 754 since I have so much redness on my skin and the 754 coloring would cover those moreso than the lighter colour 764. She said that once my redness has subsided I should go back to 764 since that is my perfect match to my NC 20 -25ish skintone. I do like the colouring of this foundation - it's the perfect mix of yellow and pink undertones so it doesn't make me look too washed out or too clownish. The texture of this foundation is superior in quality as it is very smooth and glides on and blends so easily. For me, it also controls oil and lasts all day. It imparts a nice healthy glow rather than the matte look. Another plus is that it photographs really well. For now, given the fact that the price won't go higher, I will purchase it again when finished. EDIT: I think this is breaking me out since upon application I always get those little flesh-colored bumps all over my forehead, temples, and cheeks. I really wanted to love this foundation, too bad it has to go back :( Will give it 3 lippies as it's a good foundation for those who have more tolerant skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I am NC 35-40 (summer) and #754 matches well, the best fdn I've used, and I have at least 50-60 bottles of old fdn stashed somewhere. I used this over Smashbox primer, I always felt I have more control by using my finger to apply fdn. Using a little less than a pump gives me a sheer finish, I then use another dollop after a minute or so to go over the problem areas. Natural satiny finish & undetectable. It actually looks better by afternoon on my dry cheeks, a little blotting & powder on the T-zone. Incredible product.
    I really appreciate that this comes in neutral yellow & neutral red as an option. The colour #754 is neutral yellow, but the SA gave me a sample of the #554 to try, and the overall effect is warmer & heathier (like I just came out of the gym) yet still natural.
    The mechanism of the pump is worth some credit as well, it allows the dispensing of even a tiny amount of fdn without any waste. Retails for Can$55.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by abetdarkness

Well, I still don't know how I feel about this product, I bought this foundation because of the reviews above, but I have to admit that there's nothing fabulous about this foundation, is almost the same than TruBlend from CoverGirl, the plus side is NO BREAKOUTS ! but that's the same plus than TruBlend ... I thought that maybe because of the price I would be amazed with the results, but I was wrong, I need at least 3 pumps to cover all my face, and my face looks natural and feels good in the very first minutes, but in just 2 hours I realize that the foundation is gone ! so is kinda disappointing specially because is expensive ! the coverage goes from sheer to medium, I really like how natural looks but it doesn't last at all ! (and I need to use at least 3 pumps !) so I would NOT buy this product again !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have mixed feeling about this foundation =\ . I don't think it's full coverage on, it's actually sheer to moderate (and i normally wear sheer coverage, so i wanted something a little bit more)...maybe i have the wrong shade. I am a NC25-27 and i bought it in 764. I do tend to be more yellow, maybe i should try 964 or whatever that is more yellow. Or maybe i have a defective bottle. Either way, the texture is nice. It goes on smooth. And it does oxidizes to a darker shade after 20 min upon application. I will update after i check out the 900 shades.

**UPDATE**
    Okay, i did purchased the wrong shade. 764 was too light for me. I tried 754 and it looks good!! but i think it's a tad dark. I still haven't check out 964 yet because whenever i visit the store it's missing or out of stock =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cottondreams

Originally, this came out at a cream foundation, which I found to be a little thick and heavy.

Then Shu released a fluid version of the foundation. It's hygenically kept in a glass bottle with pump. Only one pump is required to get enough product for the whole face.

I use a makeup sponge to apply the foundation. The SA told me to get a lighter shade as the foundation may oxidise throughout the day. Initially I thought it would be too chalky but when she applied it for me, it turned out to have a luminescent glow. The texture is light and spreads evenly and spreads well.

It evens out my complexion very well and even covers my undereye circles. I ditched my old undereye concealor when I used this foundation because the colours don't quite match.

I use this foundation together with the loose powder and when finished, my complexion is flawless and smooth. The effect lasts the whole day. There is slight oiliness on my nose at the end of the day but all I have to do is touch up with the loose powder.

I have gotten a few compliments on my skin already and they all want to know which brand of cosmetics I use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by FloraC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this based on the reviews here. My brother recently traveled to the states and picked this up for me since Shu products are very difficult to locate in Canada(only available at Holts in Vancouver). I usually use Laura Mercier's sunny beige so one of the previous reviewers comparison of the two was perfect.

No breakouts after two weeks, good coverage, prefer the plastic bottle over LM's glass and the color match is pretty good. I have combo skin so I do still need to touch up my nose and forehead. Overall, the quality of this product is high and I would recommend it.

Update: Giving 3 lippies instead of 4. Stopped using this as the color seem to get darker over the course of the day and made my face look flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by eshin23

I got this because a friend of mine works with InStyle Magazine and she recomended this foundation. I came here, viewed the reviews and they were quite well so I went to out to buy myself one. The SA matched my skin color extremely well, of course with my asian skin its really hard to find something that matches. I am very pleased with this product. I would reourchased more. Great coverage, doesn't change color. Looks very natural.. Need to stock up before I head back to school. =D Oh yeah the pump is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sincityshopper

I love this foundation. I bought it based on the reviews here and I am glad I did. I was matched to 345 which I believe is a deep peach. I use my MAC foundation brush and it looks great. It feels good on my skin and best of all no breakouts and no burning. Yeah~!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a nice foundation, seems to control oils pretty well and does give a pleasant glow. However, it made my pores more visible. And I'd prefer the foundation to have an SPF. Otherwise, yes, it could be a staple, it gives good and reliable coverage and doesn't oxidize by the end of day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kimkc

I really wanted to like this but there just wasn't anything special about it especially for the price. It didn't really last all day long, but on the plus side, it didn't make me break out. Still on the search for my HG foundation.