October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought one of these (the blue one) after seeing all the amazing reviews on amazon and mua. They sell them quite often in Asian grocery stores, I've noticed, for around $4. The first time I used mine, I knew I was hooked. It makes your skin so smooth, and I love that getting to my back is no problem! Feels like you're really getting clean. I love how when I polish my shoulders with it, I get a bit of a sheen when the light catches them from the skin being so smooth. The other day I was wearing a sleeveless shirt, and a friend brushed against my arms and commented on how my skin was so soft. Also, the fact that it's fast drying means it's perfect for traveling, too. I got my boyfriend one and it's all he ever uses now. I would like to echo the reviewer who commented that this is a great alternative to those expensive 'sugar' body scrubs. The Salux is just as effective, cheaper, and more convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have for years used the exfoliating gloves, but gave the Salux a try based on a suggestion and reviews. The towel exfoliated much better and you can so easily exfoliate your back which is great, feels great. My skin has never felt so soft, will definitely continue to use this over the gloves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

My skin feels so soft and clean using these. I just love them. I can now reach my backside. My daughter started using them now too for her KP and she thinks her KP has improved, however she also just started using an AHA lotion too, so it is hard to say if it just the lotion, or the combination of both helping her KP. I will continue to purchase these. I ordered them from salux.com. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the wonderful review. I ordered from the manufacturer on line and got 4 for $16 with free shipping. I love these. I am able to clean my back well and it made my skin so soft including my feet. Definately a good purchase. I put it in the washing machine and it came out good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use the body cloth you get at Walmart? but it lost its roughness. so i wanted to get another, i heard that The Body Shop sold cloths like the Walmart ones so i was like why not but i decided not to but them after finding these, im glad i found THESE instead. i read about these on here and decided to head to Mitsuwa and pick up a few. that night i can't believe how good i was being cleaned! boy! and i thought the OTHEr cloths were nice.It exfoliates like a dream.... These are very very rough cloths and the first time i used it it felt like sand paper ouch! but i kinda got used to it and my skin has never been soO soft! A baby's butt ain't got nothin on me! i use the Creamery Creek bar soap at night with these and always get a really rich lather! lovely. afterwards i use coconut oil to moisturize. in the morning i used Dove's sensitive body wash and i have smooth soft skin throughout the whole day! i wish this did something for my KP however...:( it Does make my arms feel so smooth like a dream but the redness of KP hasnt gone away no matter what i tried. (KP sufferers you know what i mean) but other than that i loveeeeee this cloth. i will never use another. I am a CONVERT. HECK yess!!! no wonder someone won an award for inventing these! :) theyre so darn cheap too! i got mine at Mitsuwa for 3.50 each and bought a few. In a few months i'll buy a few more or even give them out as gifts! the Gift of divine skin...
Edit: i DO have eczema on the inner folds of my arms and this does make me QUITE red after use. but it quickly subsides. and my skin is left flake free. So be careful on your more sensitive areas. I've tried the 300 cloth and the 100 cloth. its on the top left corner i believe the no. ..the 100 is much more gentle than the 300 !! to those of you who have extremely delicate skin. i find the 100 to be better it still has amazing exfoliating power but doesnt feel like sand paper (like the 300) on its first use , great!

A Warning: DO READ the packaging on these, there are MANY fakes that try to pass as the real thing.
Originals should be mAde with 60% NYLON, 40% POLYESTER

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I discovered this product thanks to high praise on this very website (96% would buy again?! Crazy talk!) and I can't thank the wonderful reviewers here enough for convincing me to get it. I bought two - one for body, and one for face, and it was shipped fast and I started using it right away. My skin is softer, smoother, and I don't need as much body wash to get clean. If you scrub your - ahem, shaved lady bits in a circular motion regularly when you shower, the hair will grow back with less itchiness and fewer razor bumps. More than anything, though, I was amazed at how my acne almost completely DISAPPEARED when I used this cloth gently on my face. I've had a strict skincare regimen with the works, everything but an exfoliator, so maybe that was the only thing I needed... but I'm still happy that the cloth has taken care of my incredibly embarrassing skin problem.

It might be a little rough to get used to, but it's a nice brisk feeling once you do adjust. If you are taking the time to read this review of mine, I have two things to say 1) hello and good day, wherever you are and whatever you're doing and I hope you are happy, and 2) homegirl, go out and buy the salux scrubbie cloth because it is good at what it does. You won't regret it.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cloth gave me such amazing, soft skin at first. Everyone else has talked about its great points, but here are a few issues I came across: after using it daily, the skin on my back started breaking out and getting oilier. I never had an issue with body acne before, so it must have been this cloth. Ultimately, I had to stop using it because it started making me INCREDIBLY itchy after I got out of the shower. I thought it was due to soap build-up on the cloth, but nothing changed after I cleaned it. This cloth can be too harsh for daily use and end up stripping too much of your natural oils. I tried to keep mine to use for once in awhile, but if you leave it in the shower without using it, it gets mildewy, so I just chucked it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother has been using this exact product for as long as I can remember, probably at least 30 years. It's so much more readily available now than it was before but from what I can tell, it's still the exact same quality of product as it has always been. No frills, just awesomeness. It costs me about 3USD so make sure you aren't getting ripped off where you buy it as a result of all the hype.
----------
This body scrubber cloth can be a bit harsh if you don't like somewhat scratchy exfoliation but I love it! It's long enough to easily clean your back. Wrap it around your back & pull from side to side (or wiggle yourself from side to side) -- it feels so good to clean the back! But the best part is how it lathers with just a tiny bit of soap. Dampen the cloth, rub it over dry soap 2 or 3 times, put down the soap, then wet the cloth while squeezing it & watch the foaming begin! It extends the life of my bar soap & keeps it from becoming a mushy goopy mess. It works best with bar soap, not that great with gels. If you like bar soap, then this item is a must!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Virginian

I have managed to turn most of my friends into Salux addicts.
Everyone has soft and smooth skin, and can save money by avoiding all the weird scrubs that are currently popular.
I am convinced it cuts down on household dust as well - all my dry skin ends up down the drain instead of on my tv screen!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After hearing about Salux Cloths here on MUA I decided to give them a whirl. I ordered them from Salux and they got shipped immediately so I had them within 4 days of ordering! Enough about customer service tho, let's get to the review. I LOVE these cloths. I love that they are coarse enough to help with ingrown hairs on the back of my thighs and just a little shower gel on the cloth makes enough lather for an entire shower! I love the size, oh the size!! I love that I can scrub my back with this cloth and get to all the places you couldn't reach with just a scrubbie from The Body Shop or BBW. Use it on your feet to get excellent exfoliation! I even used it very softly on my face and it didn't cause any irriation. Rinse it out at the end of the shower, hang it to dry and it's ready to go for your next shower! I have no idea how long they will last but I imagine quite awhile. I'm a big fan!! Definitely repurchase and planning on giving them as Christmas gifts along with nice shower gels this year!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No