October 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Natasha82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great eyebrow pencil! I've bought this twice and will buy it again. Some brown eyebrow pencils are actually more of a reddish brown which I don't like but I find these shades are a little more "ashy." As someone had previously stated, it is a little fragile so be careful to use a light hand. My only complaint is I wish it were a little cheaper as I tend to use it up quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KristineAlaina

I really like this brow pencil because of its fine point. It fills my brows in precisely and the light blond shade is perfect for my hair color. (most still seem to be too dark even when i choose the lighter shade). the only downside is that the pencil breaks off every time i try to apply it! i even use a light hand and it still cracks off non stop. Aside from that frustration its a great product/deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by CMK

This pencil gives a soft, natural, and not drawn in (of course this depends on how much you put on) look. Applying with light small strokes, then combing my brows with a clean disposable mascara wand, and applying a clear brow gel gives me fuller natural brows. The only negative comment I have about this product is that the little comb at the end is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

This is one of the best brow pencils I have ever used! I have this in the color dark brown and It really works for my black hair. The pencil is really thin and is perfect for filling in your brows while still looking natural. I will continue to use this as my only brow pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I picked this up in Dark Blonde. I have dark hair and brows but they are very very sparse, so much so that if I use a dark brow product it looks weird. I am also very pale and the dark brows don't suit me. The dark blonde shade is perfect, gives me a full natural looking brow that is not too harsh. As other users have mentioned this is pretty much idiot proof. I have the worst, most difficult brows due to scarring and this applies so easily, it's soft, not sticky or waxy and doesn't clump up in my brow hair. It takes very little pressure to apply so use a light hand. I love the brush on the other end, very easy to use.
The only thing I don't like about this is that you get very little product for the money. I have only been using this a short while (maybe a month) and I need another. Would repurchase. This is certainly my fav brow product so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Thank you, MUA, for steering me to this gem. I prefer pencils for my brows, because I hate messing with waxes, powders and gels; my HGs have been Shu's pencil and Dior's Brow Styler. But I wanted something cheap to carry in my purse so I tried this, and to my surprise, I love it as much as my more expensive products. It reminds me a lot of MAC's pencil (except that it doesn't break as easily) and my Dior Styler. I can't see any reason to spend money on that when this does the same perfect job, so I'm a pretty happy girl right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this on sale for 50% off at Kroger Grocery. I've been happy with Rimmel's but couldn't resist a sale. I like this quite a lot because the pencil is micro-thin, but sturdy which makes it perfect for creating light strokes within the eyebrow. The comb on the other end is nice and stiff yielding the hair wherever you need it to go, unlike the ones with brushes on the other end. The color is nice as well. I am NW40/NC45 and I use medium brown for a natural look. It doesn't change color with my oily skin, either. However, I've only been using it about a week and I have never had so many pimples in my eyebrows! I have at least 2-3 pimples in each brow. I'm not sure if this is causing them or not, since it is 98+ degree weather at the time I'm trying this. I'll stop using it for a bit and see.
UPDATE: I had to stop using this because I continue to break out in my brows when using this. I'm disappointed because I really liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by leila3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first purchase on MUA recommendation. I just bought this product today and I can honestly say that it is love on first use. In all my 30+ years my brows have never looked this good. I bought the Dark Brown and Medium Brown because it was BOGO1/2 off and because the reviews here seemed to suggest the color may be dark so I wanted to test out both. Well, the reviews are right because although I have almost black-brown brows the Dark Brown is too dark. Med Brown, however, was perfect and a lot more like the Shu pencil I am replacing. The reviews also helped me be prepared - I swiveled up only the tiniest of amounts (you can barely see the tip) and this gave me perfect control to shape and fill in my brows without any breakage. I am keeping the dk brown for occasions when I may want a more dramatic look but the med brown will be perfect for everyday so if you have black/brown hairs and light skintone try the med brown for a natural look.

Update: Still loving this. I ended up returning the Dark Brown for Light Brown though. There is some red to the light brown (which is a nice deep medium brown really, not light at all) which works better for me as a base color with the Med Brown on top for additional darkening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have always used eyebrow pencils before (NYC or Ulta brand) which would rip out my eyebrow hairs and look too a little too thick. This is a very skinny, hard crayon that doesn't drag/strip my eyebrow hairs and goes on in thin strokes. It sharpens itself, which is nice and there is great color selection. However, I have been told that this doesn't look very natural when I use it - too harsh. Also, it runs out abruptly - it suddenly just stops clicking and it is pretty impossible to know when it is almost gone. More than once I have done one eyebrow and then discovered the pencil was gone when I went to do the other. I have to replace it about once a month. Finally, I appreciate the little comb on the end - which I use for my mascara, not my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by racheljayden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyebrow pencil!!! I prefer this than the wet and wild. It is so precise lasts all day and most importantly it does not look fake!!!