November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by putiputi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great replacement for my shiseido eyebrow pencil. the shiseido pencil was getting a little expensive for my budget so i needed something that was the same but cheaper and more affordable. like my shiseido eyebrow pencil, i was searching for a pencil that was ashy and not reddish. i use the color in medium brown which is the exact same color as shiseido in deep brown. many eyebrow pencils tend to give off a reddish tint and doesn't look good with black/brown hair. ashy brown makes it looks more natural on dark colored hair. i love the slim design because you won't ever have to sharpen it. the pencil is powder and not waxy at all, which is one thing i like this pencil because i hate waxy pencils. this is definitely my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by christyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pencil is so easy to use! I've been using powder/wax to fill my brows but it wasn't easy for me to do the outer half of my brows without making a mess. I was pretty scared of pencils (looking "drawn on") but this one is so easy to use, takes me no time at all, and my brows look really natural. I bought dark blonde and I think it is more of a brown shade. I will pick up the next darkest shade for a more dramatic look. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by NinaM123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Target a few days ago & I really love it! It fills in my eyebrows amazingly & it looks so natural. The price is great also! Definitely something I will repurchase in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by raniee0616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why ppl like this brow pencil.
It looks so fake and the color range is so small
nothing really fitted to my hair color/skin tone.
also it breaks so many times. I think i didn't even get to use it half way
I do not recommend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed an eyebrow pencil for my very dark eyebrows, as even a little sparseness shows up and ruins the line of my eyebrows. I went to MAC as they seemed a good place to start and found a match in the color Spiked. However,as this is my first time using brow pencil, I did not want to pay over 10 dollars and risk looking like a Boy George fangirl 25 years too late. Happily the Internet led me to Define-A-Brow in dark brown, which is an exact dupe for Spiked. Their caps are even identical. My only complaint is that only a teeny tiny bit of product comes out at a time (probably to alleviate the Boy George concerns) so I make sure this is pushed up more before I use it. It sells for $6.19 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Natasha82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great eyebrow pencil! I've bought this twice and will buy it again. Some brown eyebrow pencils are actually more of a reddish brown which I don't like but I find these shades are a little more "ashy." As someone had previously stated, it is a little fragile so be careful to use a light hand. My only complaint is I wish it were a little cheaper as I tend to use it up quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KristineAlaina

I really like this brow pencil because of its fine point. It fills my brows in precisely and the light blond shade is perfect for my hair color. (most still seem to be too dark even when i choose the lighter shade). the only downside is that the pencil breaks off every time i try to apply it! i even use a light hand and it still cracks off non stop. Aside from that frustration its a great product/deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by CMK

This pencil gives a soft, natural, and not drawn in (of course this depends on how much you put on) look. Applying with light small strokes, then combing my brows with a clean disposable mascara wand, and applying a clear brow gel gives me fuller natural brows. The only negative comment I have about this product is that the little comb at the end is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

This is one of the best brow pencils I have ever used! I have this in the color dark brown and It really works for my black hair. The pencil is really thin and is perfect for filling in your brows while still looking natural. I will continue to use this as my only brow pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I picked this up in Dark Blonde. I have dark hair and brows but they are very very sparse, so much so that if I use a dark brow product it looks weird. I am also very pale and the dark brows don't suit me. The dark blonde shade is perfect, gives me a full natural looking brow that is not too harsh. As other users have mentioned this is pretty much idiot proof. I have the worst, most difficult brows due to scarring and this applies so easily, it's soft, not sticky or waxy and doesn't clump up in my brow hair. It takes very little pressure to apply so use a light hand. I love the brush on the other end, very easy to use.
The only thing I don't like about this is that you get very little product for the money. I have only been using this a short while (maybe a month) and I need another. Would repurchase. This is certainly my fav brow product so far.