November 23, 2014 | 1891 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lila88

eww this stuff made me look really shiny and i think it made me break out. although im not giving it a one because it does look good on lots of other people especially people with normal skin. my skin is just extremely oily, the only powder that makes it look any little bit better is MAC's blot powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

Two years ago I purchased this to use instead of loose powder over my foundation. This summer I had to go to work at 7 am each day and cut back on my beauty rituals in the morning. I have been using this product almost exclusively in place of foundation since May. I use the kabuki brush (182?) and a circular motion to apply starting at the center of the face and working out. I get a nice even finish that lasts all day except for when I blow my nose or do something else to really rub it. The coolest thing about it is I think my skin actually looks better since I have been using it. I take it off in the evening and really like the way my skin looks. Also, I have had zero zits and I usually get one or two each month. I highly recommend trying this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by grace_x

I love love love this. No matter how much you apply you never look cakey or powdery. I apply it every day using a 182 brush to finish my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. It evens out my skin texture reducing the appearance of my pores which, for me, is the best thing about this product. Im usually the type of person who has to have a completely matte face, no shine or glow anywhere, but this has totally changed my opinion. It adds a natural glow (not shimmery or shiney) and i completely love it!
Im an NC35 for reference, i think this colour would probably work great for skintones NC25 - NC35 possibly up to NC40.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by blackprincessxo

i think i like this so far i have it in dark, a better color selection would be nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I use this powder to set my liquid foundation and this step would not be complete without this product. It just makes my foundation look much better I just love it. What I like the most is that it never looks "cakey", it gives me the best finish. A soft glow and natural. My foundation shade is NC35/C4 and Medium Plus is perfect. One of my favorite products. I only wish the compact had a mirror.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

Ugh, i bought this mainly because i wanted a powder foundation for summer, that looks natural, not cakey, and controls oil...

Limited Color Selection means that the closest shade for me NC30, is Medium Plus... however, its has this.. fairly heavy pink cast on me, since a buff quite a bit onto my face to get the coverage.

ALSO, when i wear concealer underneath, the powder sticks onto the concealer, so those spots that i had concealed, were quite noticeably darker than the rest of my face that i had buffed the powder in.., which meant going back with my Mineralized Satinfinish Foundation to even out the color difference, which means spending more time buffing out the glitter that the satinfinish has... =(

I would not recommend anyone to buy this to use as a foundation on its own, but you could use this as a setting powder, although there are many cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Nicsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've finally bought my msf natural today and i have to admit, it looks great! It provides just a amount of light coverage for a natural look and can go above concealer/foundation. Definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by teveille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 in SF powder, NC20 in SFF, and this is the perfect colour for me. Makes my skin look healthy and is not too heavy. I reach for this when I am having a good skin day and don't need much coverage, or to set my liquid foundation.
I find it does a good job with my oil control - but I always apply silica powder after moisturiser and before foundation for that anyway :)
I would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have avoided MAC foundations for a while now, since the formula they use for their Studio Fix used to give my skin a bad reaction (small bumps, itchiness etc). I heard that their Mineralized Skinfinishes were different... and that the formulations weren't the same as the their other foundations. Best of all, they were MINERAL. I finally got around to going into one of the MAC counters nearby and the SA was raving about how great this product was and wanted to demonstrate it on my face. She used a very light hand and when she told me to look in the mirror, i was floored! My face looked flawless and poreless!! I was sold and told her to ring me up right then!! LOL I use this over my liquid foundation on special nights out when I want my skin to be flawless. I was told you could wear this on it's own and that if you layered it throughout the day, it wouldn't look "cakey" like most loose/pressed powders. I still find that if you have dry skin, (which I sometimes do...) it will come off "powdery". Just make sure you moisturize if you do have dry patches. Does a decent job in absorbing oilies and since it contains light reflecting pigments, gives your skin a nice glow rather than a flat matte finish. price is $30CDN...which i think is reasonable :)

For reference I'm MAC NC 25-30 and Medium Plus is a PERFECT match for me! Also, another thing I found impressive is that the SA took one look at my skin tone and determined i would be MP... and she was right. Wow talk about skills! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply the best powder foundation I have ever tried. I wish I could've came across this product A LOT sooner. I wore this over a liquid foundation for a while but man, it looks fabulous on its own! I watched the transformation in front of the mirror today when I applied it and I was totally impressed lol. First off, the finish is flawless. It doesn't look cakey and looks completely natural on my skin. People can't tell I have makeup on! Second, this is great for my oily skin because I don't need to wear liquid but I still get good coverage. This provides light to medium coverage although you can get close to full coverage. Feels light and keeps my skin looking matte. Thirdly.. no breakouts! =D I use my MAC 189 foundation brush to apply it (which by the way is an amazing brush). A nice, dense brush will do the trick. I'm NC25-30 and medium plus is a perfect match. I have to buy a shade darker though cause I just recently got really tanned. I've been recommending this product to people eversince I first tried it. So amazing <3