September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by blackprincessxo

i think i like this so far i have it in dark, a better color selection would be nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I use this powder to set my liquid foundation and this step would not be complete without this product. It just makes my foundation look much better I just love it. What I like the most is that it never looks "cakey", it gives me the best finish. A soft glow and natural. My foundation shade is NC35/C4 and Medium Plus is perfect. One of my favorite products. I only wish the compact had a mirror.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

Ugh, i bought this mainly because i wanted a powder foundation for summer, that looks natural, not cakey, and controls oil...

Limited Color Selection means that the closest shade for me NC30, is Medium Plus... however, its has this.. fairly heavy pink cast on me, since a buff quite a bit onto my face to get the coverage.

ALSO, when i wear concealer underneath, the powder sticks onto the concealer, so those spots that i had concealed, were quite noticeably darker than the rest of my face that i had buffed the powder in.., which meant going back with my Mineralized Satinfinish Foundation to even out the color difference, which means spending more time buffing out the glitter that the satinfinish has... =(

I would not recommend anyone to buy this to use as a foundation on its own, but you could use this as a setting powder, although there are many cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Nicsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've finally bought my msf natural today and i have to admit, it looks great! It provides just a amount of light coverage for a natural look and can go above concealer/foundation. Definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by teveille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 in SF powder, NC20 in SFF, and this is the perfect colour for me. Makes my skin look healthy and is not too heavy. I reach for this when I am having a good skin day and don't need much coverage, or to set my liquid foundation.
I find it does a good job with my oil control - but I always apply silica powder after moisturiser and before foundation for that anyway :)
I would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have avoided MAC foundations for a while now, since the formula they use for their Studio Fix used to give my skin a bad reaction (small bumps, itchiness etc). I heard that their Mineralized Skinfinishes were different... and that the formulations weren't the same as the their other foundations. Best of all, they were MINERAL. I finally got around to going into one of the MAC counters nearby and the SA was raving about how great this product was and wanted to demonstrate it on my face. She used a very light hand and when she told me to look in the mirror, i was floored! My face looked flawless and poreless!! I was sold and told her to ring me up right then!! LOL I use this over my liquid foundation on special nights out when I want my skin to be flawless. I was told you could wear this on it's own and that if you layered it throughout the day, it wouldn't look "cakey" like most loose/pressed powders. I still find that if you have dry skin, (which I sometimes do...) it will come off "powdery". Just make sure you moisturize if you do have dry patches. Does a decent job in absorbing oilies and since it contains light reflecting pigments, gives your skin a nice glow rather than a flat matte finish. price is $30CDN...which i think is reasonable :)

For reference I'm MAC NC 25-30 and Medium Plus is a PERFECT match for me! Also, another thing I found impressive is that the SA took one look at my skin tone and determined i would be MP... and she was right. Wow talk about skills! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply the best powder foundation I have ever tried. I wish I could've came across this product A LOT sooner. I wore this over a liquid foundation for a while but man, it looks fabulous on its own! I watched the transformation in front of the mirror today when I applied it and I was totally impressed lol. First off, the finish is flawless. It doesn't look cakey and looks completely natural on my skin. People can't tell I have makeup on! Second, this is great for my oily skin because I don't need to wear liquid but I still get good coverage. This provides light to medium coverage although you can get close to full coverage. Feels light and keeps my skin looking matte. Thirdly.. no breakouts! =D I use my MAC 189 foundation brush to apply it (which by the way is an amazing brush). A nice, dense brush will do the trick. I'm NC25-30 and medium plus is a perfect match. I have to buy a shade darker though cause I just recently got really tanned. I've been recommending this product to people eversince I first tried it. So amazing <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i love this product! perfect for summer! it's best to use it as a setting powder or just use it in the afternoon when there is some shiny areas on the face. It is very very sheer, even if you apply a lot, it won't get cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hollisterkutie

I LOVE this!!!!! It has the perfect light amount of coverage and never never NEVER looks cakey!!! i love it and it is also dome shaped so it will last a long time!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has saved me for the summer. First of all I'm kinda pale (NC20/25) so I was gonna get light/medium & thankfully the Mac artist recommended medium plus at first I balked at the idea I needed such a dark powder. When the girl swatched it for me I was so grateful I didn't order this online! This is a great, I don't wanna say foundation because its really not but it does provide very light coverage. It creates a natural, hence the name, your face but better look. This has been my go to coverage for the summer because I can't stand to put liquid foundation on in the middle of July. I have combo/dry skin normally so I wouldn't wear this in the winter. But for ladies that suffer from oily skin I think this would be a year round solution.