April 21, 2014 | 1907 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply the best powder foundation I have ever tried. I wish I could've came across this product A LOT sooner. I wore this over a liquid foundation for a while but man, it looks fabulous on its own! I watched the transformation in front of the mirror today when I applied it and I was totally impressed lol. First off, the finish is flawless. It doesn't look cakey and looks completely natural on my skin. People can't tell I have makeup on! Second, this is great for my oily skin because I don't need to wear liquid but I still get good coverage. This provides light to medium coverage although you can get close to full coverage. Feels light and keeps my skin looking matte. Thirdly.. no breakouts! =D I use my MAC 189 foundation brush to apply it (which by the way is an amazing brush). A nice, dense brush will do the trick. I'm NC25-30 and medium plus is a perfect match. I have to buy a shade darker though cause I just recently got really tanned. I've been recommending this product to people eversince I first tried it. So amazing <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i love this product! perfect for summer! it's best to use it as a setting powder or just use it in the afternoon when there is some shiny areas on the face. It is very very sheer, even if you apply a lot, it won't get cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hollisterkutie

I LOVE this!!!!! It has the perfect light amount of coverage and never never NEVER looks cakey!!! i love it and it is also dome shaped so it will last a long time!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has saved me for the summer. First of all I'm kinda pale (NC20/25) so I was gonna get light/medium & thankfully the Mac artist recommended medium plus at first I balked at the idea I needed such a dark powder. When the girl swatched it for me I was so grateful I didn't order this online! This is a great, I don't wanna say foundation because its really not but it does provide very light coverage. It creates a natural, hence the name, your face but better look. This has been my go to coverage for the summer because I can't stand to put liquid foundation on in the middle of July. I have combo/dry skin normally so I wouldn't wear this in the winter. But for ladies that suffer from oily skin I think this would be a year round solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how this works but it just gives you such a perfect flawless finnish. Any kind of imperfection just vanishes. In summer it's enough on it's own on tanned skin, but as a setting powder it works wonders! This will just be a permanent part of my face routine. Works best with a kabuki (182) brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by wuguimei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this to set my foundation and it does the job. A MUA picked this out for me and he said it's used to give your skin a nice healthy glow, which I suppose it does. This really does give my skin a nice "skin-like" finish and doesn't get or look cakey at all. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by colorschemes

The coverage that it provides is amazing, but if you're looking for natural this KIND OF does the trick. If you put on a little too much of this foundation then it looks powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by STARRrocks

lOve lOve lOve, this stuff ...i have it in medium plus..and i use it to set my foundation.. it gives such good coverage and doesnt leave you looking to cakey or anything... also on a day when im in a hurry i spray some fix plus dust this on and it gives me good enough coverage to go out in public..lol

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too had this picked out by a MUA for me, and was sold on it even though I was only looking for a liquid foundation! Ive been using this for a few months now and I love it. It can be worn on its own, or to set foundation, and gives a nice finish that isnt totally matte and smoothes over your skin. It also looks pretty good in photos, even though its a mineral makeup. I think I probably wouldnt have personally gone for this exact shade, I feel like it could be lighter, though my opinion on that varies from day to day!

I havent experienced any problems with this product breaking up and its been dumped in my handbag a bazillion times, and dropped once, I think. However, the packaging gets a low mark from me because the clear plastic insert popped out the other day. luckily i managed to get it back in, but it gave me a scare. I feel like it could be less bulky too. I appreciate the amount of product I am actually getting, but the size of this thing is that little bit too big to go in smaller makeup bags, and tends to make packing other makeup around it a bit of a bother. Maybe im just picky!

I'd also consider it fairly expensive, but then my idea of expensive makeup is anything above 12!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't like this product. For me, it's a pressed powder with nothing unusual. I don't really see the difference for its "mineralize". I tried to use it a powder to set my foundation, but ended up with caking after several minutes. I also tried to use it as a powder foundation, which is not it designed to be, I supposed. It came to be a better result, I had a "matte finish" look. It caked, at last. I am so disappointed. Beside the fact of that my foundation cakes after few hours and looks terribly cheap, it makes my cheeks itch after drying them out. I think MAC's foundation is something really not for me. This will be the end of my trail to mac's foundation.