MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

on 9/9/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I wanted to check out the buzz on this product!
I've never used MAC face products (foundations, powders, etc.) so this was my first one! First of all, the coverage was not that great...
The skin finish is very lightweight, but it barely did anything to my face =( Second, my face got oilier! Very sad about the outcome of this product. Now I know never to use MAC foundations and powders,etc!

on 9/4/2009 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since it got good reviews here, I decided to buy this product to try it out. Today is the first time to try it and I don't like it at all. The coverage is not that great and it makes my pores/acne scars more visible. =( I use this powder alone cos I don't like foundation (it makes my face oilier). I am going to return it.

on 9/2/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

eww this stuff made me look really shiny and i think it made me break out. although im not giving it a one because it does look good on lots of other people especially people with normal skin. my skin is just extremely oily, the only powder that makes it look any little bit better is MAC's blot powder

on 8/31/2009 8:28:00 PM

Two years ago I purchased this to use instead of loose powder over my foundation. This summer I had to go to work at 7 am each day and cut back on my beauty rituals in the morning. I have been using this product almost exclusively in place of foundation since May. I use the kabuki brush (182?) and a circular motion to apply starting at the center of the face and working out. I get a nice even finish that lasts all day except for when I blow my nose or do something else to really rub it. The coolest thing about it is I think my skin actually looks better since I have been using it. I take it off in the evening and really like the way my skin looks. Also, I have had zero zits and I usually get one or two each month. I highly recommend trying this.

on 8/31/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this. No matter how much you apply you never look cakey or powdery. I apply it every day using a 182 brush to finish my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. It evens out my skin texture reducing the appearance of my pores which, for me, is the best thing about this product. Im usually the type of person who has to have a completely matte face, no shine or glow anywhere, but this has totally changed my opinion. It adds a natural glow (not shimmery or shiney) and i completely love it!
Im an NC35 for reference, i think this colour would probably work great for skintones NC25 - NC35 possibly up to NC40.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i think i like this so far i have it in dark, a better color selection would be nice!

on 8/25/2009 10:38:00 PM

I use this powder to set my liquid foundation and this step would not be complete without this product. It just makes my foundation look much better I just love it. What I like the most is that it never looks "cakey", it gives me the best finish. A soft glow and natural. My foundation shade is NC35/C4 and Medium Plus is perfect. One of my favorite products. I only wish the compact had a mirror.

Ugh, i bought this mainly because i wanted a powder foundation for summer, that looks natural, not cakey, and controls oil...

Limited Color Selection means that the closest shade for me NC30, is Medium Plus... however, its has this.. fairly heavy pink cast on me, since a buff quite a bit onto my face to get the coverage.

ALSO, when i wear concealer underneath, the powder sticks onto the concealer, so those spots that i had concealed, were quite noticeably darker than the rest of my face that i had buffed the powder in.., which meant going back with my Mineralized Satinfinish Foundation to even out the color difference, which means spending more time buffing out the glitter that the satinfinish has... =(

I would not recommend anyone to buy this to use as a foundation on its own, but you could use this as a setting powder, although there are many cheaper alternatives.

on 8/21/2009 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've finally bought my msf natural today and i have to admit, it looks great! It provides just a amount of light coverage for a natural look and can go above concealer/foundation. Definitely worth the price!

on 8/18/2009 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am NC30 in SF powder, NC20 in SFF, and this is the perfect colour for me. Makes my skin look healthy and is not too heavy. I reach for this when I am having a good skin day and don't need much coverage, or to set my liquid foundation.
I find it does a good job with my oil control - but I always apply silica powder after moisturiser and before foundation for that anyway :)
I would definately repurchase.