April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by eam123

This gloss does have good staying power, but......it doesn't look like gloss after an hour or so. I have to face facts that no lip gloss will stay for long :-( not possible. This product did look good for about 1-2 hours, which I think is good, but then looks like leftover lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by tmilstein

I have this in coral sands, sangria, and sunset. I like the scent and it has good lasting power. The gloss gets matte after a while, but the matte color stays.
I had to play around with this to realize that you have to use a light hand. Whatever comes off the wand is the only amount you should use. don't redip. Then it tends to separate. After you apply, press your lips together and then keep your lips parted for a minute while it sets.
I read that this is supposed to have those microspheres that give you some plumping power (like lip fusion), but the effect doesn't last long. I have noticed a difference. If the plumping lasted longer, this would get a 5.
Great shades that come out sheerer than bottle. Would buy again.
*** Edit *** I'm changing my rating. I've had too many problems with flaking. I haven't been using this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kmkssm

This worked no better than a regular gloss for me. As others have said no way does it last 6 hours. When you first put it on it feels slick then becomes tacky/gooey. Also on me it rolled up in to little sticky bits. I will not buy this gloss again. The color was pretty but way to sticky for my taste. The only long lasting part was the rollie pollie bits of color eeeewwweeee

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Sinjinn

I got this sort of hoping this was going to be more liquid lipstick than gloss - my reasoning was that 6 hrs of wearability is frankly impossible in a gloss, but a liquid lipstick could conceivably last that long under the right conditions. I bought this in Sangria and Fiery and was saddened to realize that this is strictly a gloss, it just has a little more pigment to it. It's still quite sheer, however. It's nice and slick without stickiness when you first apply it, and then it turns sticky for just a few minutes before settling into what I'd call moist. It's really fabulous for lips dried out by heated air! That said, you always know you have it on... there's that sense of something being on your mouth at all times, unlike what I experience with lipstick.
Now then, where on Earth they came up with the number of 6 hours is God's own mystery. It comes off on everything - straws, cup edges, hubby's lips... Now true, it never fades completely off - there's always a teensy, itty bit of residual color that stays in place on the outer edges of my lips, so maybe that's where they get 6 hours, who knows.
I do like the unusual, triangular shaped applicator - my fave is the pointed end so you can actually get into the points of your upper lip without rounding them out like you would with a regular doe foot type applicator.
Sangria is my favorite shade of the two. It is the exact shade of my natural lip color with just a tiny bit of "oomph" to it. As for the scent... sometimes I'm reminded of some sort of chocolate or some sort of sugar-based treat (this doesn't have a flavor at all, however) and sometimes it strikes me as a flowery smell. Overall, I'd say it smells - pleasantly, to me - like something sugary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Sangria. I have never found a lipstick or gloss color that I have loved...or even liked a lot. I have wasted tons of money searching. I added this to my cart on a recent trip to walmart...expecting to be let down again but not being able to resist...like an addict. This stuff is amazing. Does it last 6 hours? No, but who cares. If I was told that I had to wear this and only this for the rest of my life, I'd be happy. The color is dead on perfect. smell is fine to me. Love the applicator. I am going to go buy this in bulk.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by AtlantaGal

I bought L'oreal infallible lipgloss because I was looking for a long wearing lipgloss that I didn't need to reapply every 1 hour! Walgreens was having a BOGOF sale, so I bought two colors: Rebel Red and Sangria. The gloss had better than normal longevity. I was able to drink coffee without it coming off. After eating lunch, I did have to reapply because the color had faded...I still had gloss on my lips, but the color didn't look too great, so I reapplied. The Rebel Red is a gorgeous blue based red. After 30 mins it turned slightly reddish-pink on my lips, but the color is still gorgeous. I am not one to wear red lipstick or dark gloss, but I'm so glad I tried this! Sangria is a pinkish-mauve with gold specs. The color is beautiful. The only problem I have with this line is that I had gloss on my teeth on multiple occassions, so I had to keep checking to make sure I didn't have anything on my teeth. It was difficult to rub the gloss off of my teeth once it was on. That is the only drawback. But for less than $5 each (on sale), I would recommend trying it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by SEPORALOVER

First of all i just want to say the color selection is beautiful, however for me that is as far as it goes, first of all the scent is the worst smelling its like smelling vicks vapor rub on your lips but i am also a girl that doesnt like menthol gloss so maybe thats it, the wand is different which i dont like i think it adds more product than needed, and finally this gloss doesnt last six hours as it claims i was greatly dissapointed in this product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Chiney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, the glossy effect will not last for hours, but the color and moisturizing effect will.

I bought this in "rebel red" which is a gorgeous red with just a hint of pink. The initial shiny gloss settles into a glowy, moisturizing stain that did last through one meal and a good cry (don't ask). You do have to be careful about getting it on your teeth and it is a little prone to bleeding, (nothing a liner won't prevent) but overall it is a nice long lasting color and I would probably buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyE1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this BOGO at Walgreens.....I got the Raisin and the Undeniable Mauve. The raisin is a much better match for me (brown hair green eyes) but both colors are bright and would be great for spring/summer. I haven't found it to be exceptionally long-lasting though it does stay on longer than the normal run of the mill glosses. The drawback- the smell! It smells to me like cheap pipe tobacco. Luckily this fades...overall a pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this gloss in 3 shades--Sangria (a sheer plum), Truffle (a sheer plum-brown), and Raisin (a pinkish-red). My favorite shade by far is Truffle, I wear this shade quite often because it's a nice & natural MLBB color. I love the big doe-foot applicator too, I can dip once and get my whole lip in one motion. So far I really like the Infallible l/g line. All of the glosses are non-sticky, affordable (I got two of them BOGOF for 5.99), and last for hours. I apply in the morning and by midday it's usually faded a bit but it isn't gone, as normal glosses are. I reapply at lunch, eat dinner, drink from my usual water bottle, and my gloss is still on in the evening.

Hmmm as far as smell goes these glosses do have an interesting smell/taste to them. It's kinda vaseline-smelling to me...though I personally don't find it to be nauseating or bothersome. I've definitely had glosses that smelled worse and I had to return them for that reason alone. I'm looking forward to trying a couple more of the Infallible l/g line if I can get another buy one get one free offer.