L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 3/19/2008 11:37:00 PM

I love the wand on this, which is more...tear drop shaped than the usual wand at the bottom in most glosses. At first I didn't know how to use it, but I find it actually makes it easier to apply lip gloss to the "bow" of my lips.

I have NOT experienced the problems some have with this product. If you allow it to dry, it will stay on for hours without any of the discomfort of other long wear lipsticks. It feels like a gloss, but no pilling or wormies like others, just make SURE you apply it to bare lips and let it dry. LOVE this stuff.

on 3/18/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This lip gloss sucks. First of all, its sticky and tacky. Every time I press my lips together, I can feel the stickiness of the gloss. It also seems to flake easily, especially after eating. It does tend to last, but not fully. Some of the gloss comes off after eating and I'm left with flakiness and clumps of gloss on my lips. This is a pretty bad gloss. I'd rather reapply a non-long-lasting gloss than wear this horrible mess of a gloss.

I like the bottle and shape of the applicator just fine and even the feel of it when I first put it on. Some colors oddly smell different than others.. not a big issue but I don't think I would buy another one because like some of the other reviewers I found this did pill up on me and those little pilly balls were hard to discreetly remove w/o looking like I was actively trying to get something off my lips ,, just turned into a bit of a sticky mess..

The is truly a long-wearing gloss, but it's very sticky. It's one of those glosses you should wear when you have your hair tied up, because one gust of wind will blow your hair into the gloss and then you have a big ole' mess going on. I like how long it lasts and it looks great, but it's hard to remove without soap & water or a makeup remover.

on 3/12/2008 9:29:00 AM

This gloss does have good staying power, but......it doesn't look like gloss after an hour or so. I have to face facts that no lip gloss will stay for long :-( not possible. This product did look good for about 1-2 hours, which I think is good, but then looks like leftover lipstick.

on 3/8/2008 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in coral sands, sangria, and sunset. I like the scent and it has good lasting power. The gloss gets matte after a while, but the matte color stays.
I had to play around with this to realize that you have to use a light hand. Whatever comes off the wand is the only amount you should use. don't redip. Then it tends to separate. After you apply, press your lips together and then keep your lips parted for a minute while it sets.
I read that this is supposed to have those microspheres that give you some plumping power (like lip fusion), but the effect doesn't last long. I have noticed a difference. If the plumping lasted longer, this would get a 5.
Great shades that come out sheerer than bottle. Would buy again.
*** Edit *** I'm changing my rating. I've had too many problems with flaking. I haven't been using this product.

on 3/7/2008 10:09:00 PM

This worked no better than a regular gloss for me. As others have said no way does it last 6 hours. When you first put it on it feels slick then becomes tacky/gooey. Also on me it rolled up in to little sticky bits. I will not buy this gloss again. The color was pretty but way to sticky for my taste. The only long lasting part was the rollie pollie bits of color eeeewwweeee

on 3/7/2008 3:07:00 PM

I got this sort of hoping this was going to be more liquid lipstick than gloss - my reasoning was that 6 hrs of wearability is frankly impossible in a gloss, but a liquid lipstick could conceivably last that long under the right conditions. I bought this in Sangria and Fiery and was saddened to realize that this is strictly a gloss, it just has a little more pigment to it. It's still quite sheer, however. It's nice and slick without stickiness when you first apply it, and then it turns sticky for just a few minutes before settling into what I'd call moist. It's really fabulous for lips dried out by heated air! That said, you always know you have it on... there's that sense of something being on your mouth at all times, unlike what I experience with lipstick.
Now then, where on Earth they came up with the number of 6 hours is God's own mystery. It comes off on everything - straws, cup edges, hubby's lips... Now true, it never fades completely off - there's always a teensy, itty bit of residual color that stays in place on the outer edges of my lips, so maybe that's where they get 6 hours, who knows.
I do like the unusual, triangular shaped applicator - my fave is the pointed end so you can actually get into the points of your upper lip without rounding them out like you would with a regular doe foot type applicator.
Sangria is my favorite shade of the two. It is the exact shade of my natural lip color with just a tiny bit of "oomph" to it. As for the scent... sometimes I'm reminded of some sort of chocolate or some sort of sugar-based treat (this doesn't have a flavor at all, however) and sometimes it strikes me as a flowery smell. Overall, I'd say it smells - pleasantly, to me - like something sugary.

on 3/6/2008 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Sangria. I have never found a lipstick or gloss color that I have loved...or even liked a lot. I have wasted tons of money searching. I added this to my cart on a recent trip to walmart...expecting to be let down again but not being able to resist...like an addict. This stuff is amazing. Does it last 6 hours? No, but who cares. If I was told that I had to wear this and only this for the rest of my life, I'd be happy. The color is dead on perfect. smell is fine to me. Love the applicator. I am going to go buy this in bulk.

on 3/3/2008 10:21:00 AM

I bought L'oreal infallible lipgloss because I was looking for a long wearing lipgloss that I didn't need to reapply every 1 hour! Walgreens was having a BOGOF sale, so I bought two colors: Rebel Red and Sangria. The gloss had better than normal longevity. I was able to drink coffee without it coming off. After eating lunch, I did have to reapply because the color had faded...I still had gloss on my lips, but the color didn't look too great, so I reapplied. The Rebel Red is a gorgeous blue based red. After 30 mins it turned slightly reddish-pink on my lips, but the color is still gorgeous. I am not one to wear red lipstick or dark gloss, but I'm so glad I tried this! Sangria is a pinkish-mauve with gold specs. The color is beautiful. The only problem I have with this line is that I had gloss on my teeth on multiple occassions, so I had to keep checking to make sure I didn't have anything on my teeth. It was difficult to rub the gloss off of my teeth once it was on. That is the only drawback. But for less than $5 each (on sale), I would recommend trying it out!

Recommended for Medium Skin