April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Color Brilliance

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Color Brillance for four years now. I used to use box dyes from the drugstore and they were such a hassle to use. I never got my desired colour and the price is practically the same as the Color Brillance. I use the liquid permanent hair color and I highly recommend it. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mdamiani

For quite few years I was trying to get a nice shade of light ash brown hair color, but without any luck. Few times I used drugstore boxed color and once went to salon. Every time my hair was either reddish brown or orange/brassy afterwards. So I gave up for a while. Well I after I finally realized that we have Sally's stores here in Canada, I decided to try my luck once again.I bought quick blue bleach and Ion 30 developer to lighten my hair and also got Dark ash blond and Light ash brown brilliance crème color with Ion 10 developer. Let me just say I had experience with almost every color to come out darker so I wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again.
1. I lightened my colored medium/dark brown hair to light orange/yellow only, so the ash color doesn't come out as green. It took about 15-20 min. to get to that level with bleach. Washed my hair then took a bit of Ion 10 developer and put it in my hair to stop processing. Well I was reading about that a while ago so wanted to give it a try. Hair was in great condition, but I also conditioned it after bleaching with Ion repair solution effective care treatment for 10 minutes and it made hair feel like silk after washing it out.
2. I mixed 1/3 of Dark ash blonde with 2/3 of Light ash brown color and added Ion 10 developer (1:1) as I wanted to deposit color only, no more lightening was needed. I spread it evenly on dry hair and left it on for 30 min. Then washed it and again used Ion effective care treatment, this time left it for 3 min. Washed my hair and styled it as usual. I was so happy that FINALLY I was able to achieve a beautiful shade of light ash brown hair color. Not a hint of orange in it.. But not to forget I mixed two shades to get it right. Will have to see how the color will fade, but for now can't stop looking in the mirror as I am honestly happy with the quality of the products I used and my hair feels so soft. I don't see myself going back to regular drugstore to buy my hair color ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Melissa89

I LOVE THIS COLOR! I used the 4N with a red booster, and the ion sensitive scalp developer. it smells nice and it colored amazing! My hair was a bit dry but it came out healthier andnis now gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this hair color! I have naturally dark brown hair, however, with the summer sun and bright rays hitting my hair, my hair has a copper undertone that gives my hair a dark brown/ brassy color. It looks alright on me, but I prefer to have my hair without the reddish tones because it brings out my complexion and eye color more.
Anyway, I have thick hair, but not the thickest around. Anytime I use a drugstore box color (revlon, garnier, etc) it never has enough to cover my whole head and the color does not last very long. I picked this up at Sally's and my hair became the exact color, very true to the box (didn't make my hair black like the drugstore ones did). It also covered my whole head of hair with more to spare and it put in a great shine to my hair. I almost feel like my hair was healthier than before I even started the process. This stuff is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Katiecanflyyy

I used the color medium intense red from their red collection. I had previously gotten my hair dyed red at the salon for a fair amount of money because it was something I had really wanted to do. I'm one one those people that doesn't like to spend a lot of money on materialistic things so after a while I went searching for a cheaper alternative at Sally's and found this. The dye and the developer cost me $10 which is significantly less than I pay at the salon. My roots had grown out quite a bit so i was scared about getting hot roots and I picked medium as opposed to light because I had heard that it came out brighter than the swatch in the store. I ended up getting 20 vol developer. I loved the end result. My roots match the rest of my hair perfect and the color was a nice dark red with a nice purple undertone but not over powering. Next time though I might mix a little straight red to make the color more vibrant. But other than that, this dye was amazing and well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I use the darkest brown when I dye my hair in the cooler seasons. I love this dye. My hair never feela dry or damaged after use. It really doesn't fade that much until the next couple months. Its around $4 for a tube and the developer is around $2 for a bottle that I only use half of, so its a better deal than most boxed dyes and its a lot less damaging in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by shutupmarley

I use this product in 7RR (Intense Red) with bit of 8RC (Light Copper Blonde) mixed in. So far it's my FAVORITE red by far! I pair it with Ion's pre-color spray, and mix with 30v to get my medium brown, super fine hair the most gorgeous cinnamon/red-orange.
I'm particularly impressed by the 7RR. Every other red dye I've used has had such a bold tonal base of either bight pink or bright purple, but this color is ACTUALLY RED going on and coming off (which it does, as all reds do, ever so quickly). I really like that this color leaves my hair feeling nice too, as opposed to that "freshly dyed" crunchy texture most dyes give my hair.
I'd also like to note that I've used this color over an old henna job (about 4 months and tons of washes), and it was miraculously able to "stick", considering henna typically prevents your hair from ever picking up chemical color again. The parts where I had the most henna aren't as rich, but the color still looks natural instead of brassy or over saturated.
I'm definitely a faithful supporter of Ion from now on. Their online resources surpass any other dye brand, and their complete range of products are VERY reasonably priced. If you want the color the tube promises, you need Ion Color Brilliance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by JSFrevel

I've been using Ion for a couple of years now and have liked it enough to stay with it, but I just tried the new "intense neutrals" line and am pretty impressed. I've always felt that ION runs very dark and fades pretty quickly. (Getting a true light brown is much easier with L'Oreal or Revlon Colorsilk, which are both good box brands). Last week I used the level 5 Intense neutral with 20 volume developer and am impressed with the shine and staying power. It's truly a very pretty medium brown (forget the word "light" on the level 5, it's not). I have my salon add a few highlights and my hair looks very, very nice. Gray coverage good. I ranked it 4 instead of 5 because the line lacks a decent light brown. Even so, if you want a very shiny, pretty, medium brown, try this line of neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Cj73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dark brown hair naturally.

Step 1. Loreal quick blue and Ion sensitive scalp 40 volume developer. 1 scoop bleach (scoop came with the 1lb container on Amazon. com) 4 oz Ion 40v.

I have longer than shoulder length hair so wanted to have enough mixture.

Step 2. Ion color Lightest ash blonde 10A full tube 2.05 oz. Ion sensitive scalp 40 V 4-5 oz.

It is a beautiful light blonde, I was surprised with how with just these 2 steps my hair is this light, never happened in any salon! I still want more ash however, a very slight pale yellow glow to it. Just did this today, I have the Ion high lift cool blonde 12.2c So if I decide after I leave this for a week and use John Freida's blonde color tone corrector shampoo&conditioner. If that does not do the trick for more ash then I will use 40v developer/12.2 cool blonde same oz each as stated above. But I love my results!! I will post back in a week to update!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by emmibabyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Omg! I love this stuff! FYI - my review is on Ion Creme Permanent Hair Color, in 'High Light Ash Blonde - 12.1'. I used it with 'Clairol Pure White 30 Developer' and also 'Ardell Red Gold Corrector Plus'. I used equal parts developer and hair dye, with about 15 drops of the red gold corrector. I left it on for about 35-40 minutes. And it looks SO GOOD. My hair is naturally a blah dirty blonde shade - either light light brown or dark blonde. I usually use box dye - loreal superior preference to be exact - and I usually have to dye it every month, because my hair grows so fast. Sometimes I spend the cash and get it done 'professionally', but I never saw much of a difference from the box dye. My hair always came out a super yellow blonde. I'm against bleach - I once had a hair lady do highlights, using bleach; and the all the hair that was 'highlighted' ended up falling out (!). So I did a little bit of research and ended up buying this dye at Sally's. Its pretty cheap (5$ I think) and I also bought some bleach and 20 developer, 'just in case'. I first did a strand test and absolutely LOVED the color, so I just did the rest of my hair. I did put a hair cap on to help. My hair is the PRETTIEST shade of light ash blonde - I couldn't be happier. My hair is so thick that I used most of the 2 oz tube - I'm going to have to stock up. I'm never going back to box dye! My only 'con' about this product is the tube is really rigid and hard to squeeze out. But oh well! I don't understand why hair salon people could never get my hair like this - it was so easy! I'm going to recommend this product to all my fellow bottle blondes!