September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice n' Easy Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Viki777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG..this is some serious stuff. I've been using hair dye for many many years and never use the gloves because it's hard to tell if you really have it all over your hair (for me anyway) and I have never had a problem with it sticking to my skin but this stuff completely turned my hands black and WOULD NOT WASH OFF! I scrubbed and scrubbed with a scrub brush and alcohol and the stuff is still all over me, it's horrible! So, definitely use the gloves if you are going to use this product and try not get a lot on your face, neck and ears.
As a foam you would expect this to not be as messy but it was very messy and I personally wouldn't use it again (even if it were given to me free).

The smell is a lot stronger than others I have used but that doesn't really bother me much, I just turn the fan on in the bathroom and it sucks most of it out.

Now as for color which may be the only thing some of you concern yourself with.. It did a good job. I have dark hair and only dye to cover greys now and it worked well for that.

I hope this helps you make a decision about this product. I wish I had thought to read reviews before I got it.. maybe my hands wouldn't be so hideous right now lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by DanseMacabre11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been dying my hair about every 6-8 weeks for the past 4 years. This is the worst hair color I've ever use.
I used the Dark Auburn color, which I have used as regular application dye before. At first I thought, "Wow, I love how easy the foam goes on! And it goes a much longer way than regular hair dye."
Then when I washed and dryed my hair...it is BLACK. Around the roots there is a reddish tint, but the rest is black! I am pale and freckly...black is not a good look for me!
Not only that, but it is almost impossible to get off my skin. I have literally never had that problem before.

Summary: Turns hair black, sticks to skin. Wish I read this reviews before purchase. Never again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ricota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this hair dye last night in blueblack,and after reading all the reviews this morning I was about to return it but couldn't find the receipt,so I had to use it...oh well...TO MY SURPRISE IT SMELLED LIKE CANDY AND IT WAS EASY TO APPLY PLUS IT DIDNT MADE MY HEAD AND FACE ITCHI LIKE EVERY OTHER HAIR DYES I USED...I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMEND THIS IN BLUE BLACK!!!! PLUS IT WONT STAIN YOUR TOWEL!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Jwolfy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this hair dye a few days ago from the supermarket, shade 9A, and at 4 - cheap compared to my usual nice n easy liquid dye - I thought I'd picked myself up a bargain! But then I got home and read numerous reviews on the product before using it, and was definitely shocked by the high percentage of reviews slating it, I had visions of my scalp burning and my hair falling out! I used it anyway...
The packaging isn't the most exciting, but who cares really?
The instructions were simple and easy to follow.
The whole foam situation, which I was skeptical of, was fine. I literally shook the bottle three times, left it to settle for a minute, and found with a slight squeeze of the bottle - which the instructions say to hold upright - the foam came out no problem.
I must admit, the first thing that struck me was the smell, it took my breath away (not in a good way) with a strong smell of rank ale. This was easily forgotten about after a couple of minutes.
Applying the dye was so easy, there were no drips and it took ten minutes, and I have fairly long hair. I found one bottle was just enough.
Soon after application came the itching. Jesus Christ it was itchy for about five minutes, but any dye with hydrogen peroxide is going to itch...
I recommend, as do clairol, to do a skin and hair test beforehand - if you try it before you commit to putting the whole lot on your hair, then you won't have any surprises when you have an allergic reaction, just saying!
Anyway, washing your hair and using the conditioner sorts the smell and minor itching right out, and I can say that I'm pretty pleased with the results, and after seeing how it stays over the next month, will most likely buy this again.
This is the first time I've ever written a review, I just felt strongly that someone had to stick up for this product, not everything is as bad as some reviews make out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by cathy506

Would never buy again, I have used many different brands of hair dyes over the years, usually buy whatever is on sale but this product made my scalp burn then the residue from the dye stayed all over my scalp until washed a few times and my head was itchy for days, I have never had that kind of reaction to a hair dye before. The foam bottle is also a pain, you have to keep squeezing the bottle instead of pumping it out, it was just annoying. I bought this on clearance in Target, now I know why, not worth it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Mvilan

I wish I would've seen these reviews before buying this product. It was awful, will NEVER buy again. Foam was hard to apply to roots only, color ended up coming out darker, itched scalp, and smelled horrible. Don't know why I switched from my usual product. I guess I wanted to try something new but will go back to my usual trusted product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by amunoz7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first time using this product but have been dying my hair for 10 years. Bought a dark brown color which ended up looking more of a blue black. Did an allergy patch with no reaction after 24 hours. But 3 days after dying my hair I awoke with a horrible rash on my neck, chest, ears and arms. Color is starting to fade after only a week and it did not cover my grey hair. Very disappointed in coloring properties but loved the ease of the process.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by gertymcdowell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bad, just bad. It smells awful, like stale beer. The foam is hard to mix through hair. And the color is blah--no shine, no dimension. Ick ick ick.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by grambrad

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will NEVER buy this product again............# 1- it STINKS- #2- I bought medium brown and ended up with BLACK.............they can give this away and I won't use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jcpelosi

This product was the worst hair color product I've every used. The foam was very hard to handle on my roots and then the rest of the hair. I had to use 2 boxes and the color was not as seen on the box. I'll got back to Garnier, as this stuff is awful.