Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 2/11/2015 12:53:00 AM

Best moisturizer ever! It's a gel, so it isn't heavy at all, and it goes on and is absorbed very easily!

on 2/10/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I use it every night and it really does what it says! It traps in moisture and moisturizes, making your skin soft and healthy! It's also great for oily skin, because it's light weight, and doesn't make your face more oily like some other moisturizes.

on 2/10/2015 8:39:00 PM

This product is pretty good. I have combo skin, so I tend to be oily in the t-zone and normal/dry everywhere else. This works well for day time and under makeup but isn't hydrating enough for me at night. It really smooths my skin so I don't even need a primer bc my makeup glides on. All in all its good. I don't however love the packaging, it's nice and doesn't feel cheap but I don't like the pot form for skin care, I'd prefer a tube or a pump.

on 2/3/2015 10:59:00 PM

I have dry skin and I'm allergic to propylene glycol so I guess sensitive as well as dry...I look at all Ingredients and I had hopes for this but it immediately made my face feel super dry and not moisturized :( will be returning unfortunately

on 1/31/2015 5:19:00 PM

This gel isn't the best for moisturising my skin at the moment during winter. I think perhaps I should have tried the one for dry skin instead of normal/combo. However, I think it would be ok for me in the summer and for people with a more oily skin type.

It feels slightly better if I put two layers on, but doing that twice daily, I will get through this little pot in a couple of weeks. When I do apply two layers my skin feel smoother and slightly tighter (not sure if its meant to do that), but also a bit tacky.

Overall it doesn't give you that comfortable nourished feeling, or silky soft skin.
Its very pricey for essentially a highstreet/drugstore product at 11.99. It's not very moisturising, and I wont be buying this again at this price.

Since buying this I have discovered Superdrug have a similer product from Garnier for less than half this price *sigh*
Oh well, this pot wont last that long anyway so I can pick one of those another time :)

on 1/14/2015 3:01:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim. I live in a small town and the selection of moisturizers has been pretty small. I'm actually glad this is the one I chose! The only real drawback for me was the packaging. It fell in the sink with a large crash. Didn't break though! I just prefer a more sanitary pump bottle for my moisturisers. As for the product on my face, I love it. I have dry patches and am prone to breakouts about once a month. When I use spot treatments they can leave those patches flakey and dry. This has really helped with the dry spots. It sinks in fast, doesn't leave my face feeling heavy or greasy in any way. The feeling of not wearing a heavy skin cream is something I have had a hard time finding. Looks like I just needed to switch to a gel form!

on 1/10/2015 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm gonna start off by saying the smell of this product is like...a plastic-y kind of pear. I know, that sounds kinda weird, but it's got both a pear smell along with a very plastic scent. It also sorta feels plasticy when applying it. I have combo skin with a fairly oily T-zone, and this stuff doesn't necessarily cause more oil than other products, but it takes a lot to help my dry patches. It's an okay product, but I don't think it's for me. There's a gel moisturizer by Clean and Clear that I like way more than this.
Also, I'm not sure if it was this product, or the cleanser I bought along with this, but I got terrible cystic acne on my cheek with using either this product or the cleanser (or maybe both together?), and it's finally going away after using my other cleanser and moisturizer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is my current night time moisturizer, it's not doing wonders to my skin but it's not bad either. i would recommend if you have normal skin, I have really oily skin and dry patches on my cheeks. you just feel a subtle softness after a while but that's it, i dont like the glass packaging! literally just 5 minutes before writing this review, i was looking thru my organizer then i accidentally arm bumped this and it almost fell !

on 1/7/2015 1:46:00 AM

Ill start by saying I have extremely sensitive skin. And my skin type is a dry combo in the winter. I was really worried about this containing fragrance in it, but it has not irritated my skin at all. Love the smell! Very clean and refreshing. The consistency is nice too, the gel cream absorbs into my skin right away. After it dries it feels smooth, not sticky. For being a gel it hydrates well, not all gels add much hydration. I saw some of the other reviews on here stating that it didn't absorb in; I cant help but wonder if those people don't exfoliate regularly. If you don't exfoliate the moisturizer will just sit on the dry dead skin and not soak in. It reminds me of Clinique moisture on call if anyone remembers that stuff.

I bought this on a recommendation from someone saying it was a "dupe" for Clinique's moisture surge (which I love, but it's expensive!). I patted this on my skin, after washing with CeraVe foaming cleanser... And OMG, it STUNG! I know I have sensitive skin, but this felt like I put icy hot on my face. So uncomfortable. I tried it once more, the following morning, just to see if it felt any better. Nope. I want nothing more than to wash all the makeup off of my face just to get this off. It's so uncomfortable. Never, ever repurchasing this again. Ever.

Popular Moisturizers