Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great refreshing gel moisturizer to layer on top of my serum and under my sunscreen. Not particularly moisturizing by its nature, it works perfectly for me and my oily acne prone skin by giving me just the right amount of moisture without being too heavy/greasy or causing breakouts. I have used alone, on top of serums, etc and it just sinks right in, I love it. Also affordable, although not a fan of the jar packaging but really not picky about that sort of thing in general. I will always have a jar of this around!

on 2/26/2015 10:23:00 PM

I like this as my day time moisturizer in the warmer months I will love this! I'm totally a combo skinned girl and this is excellent for me because it doesn't make me over produce oil! My heavier creams I was using in the day and was getting oily so fast under my makeup. Not with this product. I can actually put my foundation on and I don't get shiney as fast as I used to, or as bad either. At night I layer this with heavier products like Dr Jarts+ Ceramidin oil balm and Mandelic acid.

This is a good gel because it's high in fruit goodies it has Vitis Venifera or grape seed and that is very high in antioxidants. It's high up on the list too so that's a good thing. But it says it will lock in moisture and help repair the skin barrier. For me I see the difference will it work for 24 hours, no not in this cold weather. Does it help keep me hydrated and non oily, totally!

I love how soft my skin is and how easy my makeup goes on. It hides flakes and other dry patches really well too. My skin looks clear not red at all which is my major issue and very smooth. The price is good too. I really like this and I want to try there sleeping mask next. I'm usually not a fan of Garnier but the Damage Eraser, this, and the Argan oil totally have me. Recommended!

on 2/19/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This gel applies very nicely, leaving my skin soft and matte but within a few hours I have very noticeable shine and it sometimes makes my skin appear more red. The product is not great for my acne-prone skin.

on 2/11/2015 12:53:00 AM

Best moisturizer ever! It's a gel, so it isn't heavy at all, and it goes on and is absorbed very easily!

on 2/10/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I use it every night and it really does what it says! It traps in moisture and moisturizes, making your skin soft and healthy! It's also great for oily skin, because it's light weight, and doesn't make your face more oily like some other moisturizes.

on 2/10/2015 8:39:00 PM

This product is pretty good. I have combo skin, so I tend to be oily in the t-zone and normal/dry everywhere else. This works well for day time and under makeup but isn't hydrating enough for me at night. It really smooths my skin so I don't even need a primer bc my makeup glides on. All in all its good. I don't however love the packaging, it's nice and doesn't feel cheap but I don't like the pot form for skin care, I'd prefer a tube or a pump.

on 2/3/2015 10:59:00 PM

I have dry skin and I'm allergic to propylene glycol so I guess sensitive as well as dry...I look at all Ingredients and I had hopes for this but it immediately made my face feel super dry and not moisturized :( will be returning unfortunately

on 1/31/2015 5:19:00 PM

This gel isn't the best for moisturising my skin at the moment during winter. I think perhaps I should have tried the one for dry skin instead of normal/combo. However, I think it would be ok for me in the summer and for people with a more oily skin type.

It feels slightly better if I put two layers on, but doing that twice daily, I will get through this little pot in a couple of weeks. When I do apply two layers my skin feel smoother and slightly tighter (not sure if its meant to do that), but also a bit tacky.

Overall it doesn't give you that comfortable nourished feeling, or silky soft skin.
Its very pricey for essentially a highstreet/drugstore product at 11.99. It's not very moisturising, and I wont be buying this again at this price.

Since buying this I have discovered Superdrug have a similer product from Garnier for less than half this price *sigh*
Oh well, this pot wont last that long anyway so I can pick one of those another time :)

on 1/14/2015 3:01:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim. I live in a small town and the selection of moisturizers has been pretty small. I'm actually glad this is the one I chose! The only real drawback for me was the packaging. It fell in the sink with a large crash. Didn't break though! I just prefer a more sanitary pump bottle for my moisturisers. As for the product on my face, I love it. I have dry patches and am prone to breakouts about once a month. When I use spot treatments they can leave those patches flakey and dry. This has really helped with the dry spots. It sinks in fast, doesn't leave my face feeling heavy or greasy in any way. The feeling of not wearing a heavy skin cream is something I have had a hard time finding. Looks like I just needed to switch to a gel form!

on 1/10/2015 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm gonna start off by saying the smell of this product is like...a plastic-y kind of pear. I know, that sounds kinda weird, but it's got both a pear smell along with a very plastic scent. It also sorta feels plasticy when applying it. I have combo skin with a fairly oily T-zone, and this stuff doesn't necessarily cause more oil than other products, but it takes a lot to help my dry patches. It's an okay product, but I don't think it's for me. There's a gel moisturizer by Clean and Clear that I like way more than this.
Also, I'm not sure if it was this product, or the cleanser I bought along with this, but I got terrible cystic acne on my cheek with using either this product or the cleanser (or maybe both together?), and it's finally going away after using my other cleanser and moisturizer.

Popular Moisturizers