OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui

4.5

on 4/27/2011 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Suzi Says Feng Shui is a beautiful cobalt color with a creme finish. Its bright but extremely wearable at the same time. I don't own many blues in my collection so I can't compare, but this, together with Jade is the New Black, are 2 of my favorite polishes at the moment. It goes opaque in 2 coats, but I prefer the look I get with 3. I top it off with Seche Vite top coat and it lasts about a week (no base coat) without chipping. I'm pretty fair (NC20-25) and it looks so pretty on my fingers and toes. I feel the OPI brushes allow for much smoother application compared to China Glaze. This polish is definitely a keeper in my collection.

on 3/3/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

A fantastic shade of creamy cyan blue - looking at it in the bottle, it didn't seem that interesting, but as soon as I put it on I fell in love. In pictures it brings out the golden undertones in my skin

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

my favourite shade of blue ever!
an interesting, unique kind of muted cyan blue. a previous reviewer was very right in calling this a 'creamy blue'. what makes this so special is that you can't put your finger on it exactly. it isn't dark, light, bright, or muddy. this is just such a classy and unusual colour and i would say is perfect for every season and complexion.
wearability is fine, but i will say that if you put on more than 2 coats, it looses its charm and turns into a bit of a teal!

on 1/9/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR! Such a nice blue, perfect for any season. Cannot get over how beautiful it is. One of my favorite polishes of all time.

on 9/10/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

at first I did not like this blue, as I was looking for a more bright vibrant summer blue. Now however I like it a lot and it has totally grown on me. I will be wearing this into the fall and winter because it is not just a summer hue

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Interesting shade of blue in itself. Not really cool for my taste. Would have prefered a darker, cooler shade. This one is a little too annoyingly kiddie-like and gives a so not feng shui feeling.

on 8/9/2010 1:07:00 PM

I have never hesitated to try wacky colours and blue nail varnish is no exception. This is a creamy blue with hints of grey. I was not sure if I would like this colour but it surprised me and I enjoyed wearing it and it seemed to last for a while without chipping. It is a wildcard polish and it may not suit everyone maybe worth getting the mini bottle if your not sure.

I bought the Hong Kong mini collection for $4.99 at Ulta just thinking I would give the colors a try. Suzi says feng shui was the one I did not think I would like. However it is my favorite out of the three colors. I did find it a little clumpy which the other colors were not. I love the color. I gave it a four becuse it was clumpy. The price was awesome. The packaging I gave a 2 because the bottles are so small. But I like this color enough to buy the full size when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't find this color to be lifeless at all. It is a deep blue-grey, reminds me of the ocean on a foggy day. It is a very calming color. Very sophisticated. The formula does leave something to be desired, I agree that it is a bit goopy - you have to make sure there is plenty on the brush in order to make the second coat go on smoothly, which is unusual for OPIs. It also chipped slightly after I walked around barefoot for a day (I was hard on my pedi that day), but I repaired it and since then it hasn't chipped again. The color is worth the less the stellar formula imo.

on 7/30/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

This dries into a dull, lifeless matte boring blue. This is the first Opi I've bought that had a thick, hard to apply formula. The first coat comes out totally streaky, and the second coat doesn't completely cover and hide the streaks. I had to do 3 coats for it to look decent, and that's way more time than I want to spend with wet nails. It chips easily. I don't love the color or this formula, and wont be buying it again.

To be fair, I tried it again. Still don't like the color, and it was like painting my nails with white-out, which I haven't done since the 5th grade. It's a globby, sloppy, thick mess. I definitely do not love this color and will not be buying it full size. Whatever Opi did with this formula needs to be fixed.

Edited: I came back to give it one more star; the color has grown on me a bit, and I do like the matte finish, although I still think it's a fairly boring color. It chips easily and takes a bunch of coats with the gloppy formula to get good coverage, and takes forever to dry, so for those reasons, it still sucks.

Popular Polishes