April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by harleygirl520

I LOVE this! I started seeing results in 6 weeks I would say and now it's been 3 months and my lashes are incredible!
    I am only using it 2-3 times a week now to maintain them.
    I did notice some itchy and redness the first week but it did go away and I haven't had any other side effects. It is worth the money.
    I didn't take any before pic's (which I really wish I would have) to post to show everyone but it really does work.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Rexanma

Unfortunately, I don't belong to the category of people with positive reviews. I have been using Careprost for 2 months, I have around 5 lashes on each eye that got longer, but the rest just fell out, the new ones are growing out, but they are 2-3 mm for the moment, so, you can imagine how awful it looks.

I will continue using it till the end if the bottle, and will update my review in case it gets better, but for the moment, I would not suggest it to anyone as it's a waste of time, money, and most important lashes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lanxle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Asian woman here. This product is amazing. I'd been using Rapidlash, but always wanted to one day try out the Latisse serum. Now that it's being sold at a generic price, I decided to give it a try. My lashes are sooooo much longer after regular application for 3 months. This is like magic. I had slightly longer and thicker lashes than some of my Asian sisters, but nothing like some white women are blessed with. Now, I don't even consider using fake lashes anymore. Layering 2 masceras is enough to make my lashes look amazing, even when I'm wearing glasses.

I definitely recommend this for those who can stick with it. I already have a problem with dry eye when I sleep, so I apply it in the morning instead of at night. This formula is much more watery than the Rapidlash I'm used to applying, but it doesn't sting when it runs into my eyes. I did notice some slightly darkening around the lash line, but it went away after a while. As it is, it contributes to the dark, thick look of my lashes, so it's fine with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Spunkette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this product is amazing! It really really works! I had eyelash extensions for just under a year. When they were removed, I was left with tiny weak eyelashes. I thought I should buy some eyelash growth serum to get my lashes back in shape. So I did lots of research online and came across Careprost. It's the generic brand of Latisse and is about a 1/3 of the price. I bought it online and purchased two bottles for $60. I have been using it for about 8 weeks now and my lashes look amazing. Someone thought I'd got my false eyelashes back as there are so long and lush! :) It seriously is incredible stuff. The application brush is a little annoying, as I think you get some wastage, but I'm still on my first bottle. Highly recommend people try this if they want longer lashes. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by allakuchnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

@eileenhughes0075 I started first by purchasing Latisse from doctor @ local spa. HE TOLD ME TO POUR IT INTO THE CAP. That's how I had been using it for 4 months (2 bottles) until my friend told me about makeupandbeautynews.com where she had been buying her careprost which she said was the same thing as Latisse.
    So I ordered from them couple times, came fast because they are located here in UT. So on their website it says to drop Careprost directly on the brush, but when they mailed me careprost it came with instructions to POUR INTO THE CAP!
    I had been pouring it into the cap because this is what doctor in Elase Day Spa told me to do when I purchased Latisse.
    Now I am using Fysiko which had been recommended to me at the same spa. I found it works the same but I don't have to POUR anything now, or carry a brush with me or worry about eye color change. But it is what it is, while I had been using Careprost or Latisse I had been POURING it into the cap because DOCTOR TOLD ME...
    True story

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by eileenhughes0075

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This message is for nataliapivko, I've been using Careprost for almost a year now, never heard of anyone saying that you have to pour the solution into the cap and dip the brush into the cap. That is a malpractice and doomed for infection and contamination. The left over solution could potentially touch the tip of the bottle and contaminate the rest of the solution. I would advise you to throw that bottle away and buy from a reliable source. Start fresh and make sure that you pour a drop into the brush directly.

Careprost is such an amazing product when applied correctly. Seek professional advise prior to using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kitkat06

I am currently on my 12th week on Careprost. I have never used Latisse or any other eyelash product. I have not experienced any darkening of my eyelids or my irises (I have brown eyes).

Here are some tips:
    - Purchase micro applicators that are used for dental procedures or eyelash extensions because it uses the product very efficiently. I was able to extend one bottle (3 mL) for 2.5 months and I used Careprost every day (1 drop) for my eyelashes and eyebrows! (Note: I bought mine on Ebay for under $5 and there are 100 applicators - just throw it out after each use and it keeps a tab that you are using Careprost everyday)
    - During the daytime put on vaseline or castor oil on your eyelashes to keep them hydrated. I noticed that 2 months into using Careprost my eyelashes were not as lustrous and shiny (I assume since my "old" eyelashes aren't falling off so they go through more wear and tear).

Overall:
    I noticed more of a difference in my eyebrows because I have sparse hair at the head of my eyebrows (genetically not because of over tweezing) from the beginning (1.5 months in). Now at 3 months I do note a significant increase in length in my eyelashes and increased volume especially at the outer corners. The most drastic change of course is after applying mascara since I have more lashes to work with. I am receiving a lot more compliments about my lashes. Additionally, I can apply 2 coats of mascara opposed to 3 coats of mascara for the same effect now that I have more lashes. This means saving time in the morning and less clumpy lashes look. I would defiantly recommend Careprost.

Final note:
    There's a lot of advertisement on MakeUpAlley on where to purchase Careprost. I suggest that everyone does their research and compares prices because shipping internationally adds up. I was able to purchase 3 bottles of Careprost $55 (USD) with free shipping to Canada twice. Unfortunately, that website has been down for the past 3 weeks, but luckily I still have 4 bottles as back ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sad that I had to quit using this because it did work for awhile. I started using name brand about 2 years ago and it worked wonders! Switched to the generic about a year later and it worked equally well. My lashes, which are normally short and thin, were long, dark, and luscious! People at work actually thought that I had false eyelashes! THE PROBLEM: This has quit working for me. About 6 months ago I noticed that my lashes were returning to normal. I thought that maybe I needed to take a bit of a break. I stopped for a week, started applying again every night and...nothing. Maybe it was the bottle I had? I bought Latisse in case it was a problem with the generic version I had and...nothing. Nothing as far as eyelash growth that it. The whites of my eyes were red all of the time and Visine didn't help. My eyelids started to darken and turned a purply sort of reddish colour and the dark circles under my eyes increased drastically. Drastically! I stopped using this about a week ago and the redness and purple hue around my eyes is starting to fade. The amount of concealer and lid primer that I was having to use to cover up the darkness just wasn't worth it. I might try this again in the distant future but for right now, I'll just have to stick with a good mascara.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by JCK123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're considering an eyelash growth enhancer that won't bring tears to your eyes (I'm talking about the price!) try Careprost. It is far cheaper than Latisse but, as I've discovered through using it, you have to be patient. I've been using it for seven months and have got through about 4 bottles so far by using it before going to bed. It's been slow to show results in my case but I'm a redhead and my lashes were very sparse and fair. Since I've been using it my lashes are definitely thicker, darker and longer. I used to have to load my lashes with mascara before I discovered Careprost. Now I just give them a light coat otherwise I look like Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge!! I can recommend PharmacyGeoff as a supplier. It takes up to 2 weeks to arrive from online order as it comes from the US but it's only around £15 plus p&p. I'm really happy with the results!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first started using Careprost, I had slightly bloodshot eyes for a couple of weeks. I stuck it out because I couldn't wait to see my new, super long lashes! The side effect lessened and my lashes were growing beautifully for about 3 months.

I received lots of compliments and was really impressed, especially seeing as Careprost is so much cheaper than Latisse... I sometimes woke up with my eyes a little red, but this was only once a week or so, and eye drops helped.

However, after around 6 months of daily use, my lashes started to fall out. First it was just one or two when I removed my mascara (even very carefully) then I noticed a bald patch on my left eye. I was worried and decided to stop using it.

6 weeks or so later, my lashes are returning to their normal length. I still have a few long ones left (woohoo!) and the bald patch is recovering, albeit very slowly.