Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 9/6/2013 5:04:00 PM

Really pleased with this! Bought it in black and it's a nice deep black, and the applicator is good. Enables you to get to the root of your lashes, and up to the tip smoothly! The consistency isn't too thick that it "weighs" your lashes down, nor is it too watery. Packaging good. Would definitely buy this mascara again!

on 8/17/2013 12:02:00 AM

great product. worth it if its on sale although if i ran out i'd probably still buy it regular price. separates. the bristles are plastic but theyre sharp which is nice. builds nicely, you can go from natural looking to DRAMA if thats what you want, great at lengthening. if i curl my eyelashes prior to applying mascara, this mascara doesnt weigh it down. great product. i ran out and went out searching for another mascara, eventually ended up returning to this after trying rimmel, covergirl and maybelline. covergirl was most similar but i found the lashblast too inky, smelly and didnt hold curl. overall, my HG mascara

on 7/16/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this mascara. I have it brown.
I prefer these plastic wands to the original brush-like ones. The formula is nice, does not smudge at all. This is the first mascara that doesn't smudge on me, I'm in love with it.
The smell is a bit eh, but whatever. Still a really good mascara.

on 6/20/2013 8:03:00 PM

I can't believe this doesn't have a better review score. Best mascara EVER, if you want full, long, yet natural looking lashes. My sister and I use this, and both get asked if we have eyelash extensions with this. The best thing about it is the brush....it's a really unusual plastic-bristled brush and just seems to do the most amazing job of coating and separating the lashes.

The only con is that it does tend to dry out a bit before I finish the bottle, but I usually add 1 drop of water and mix to add moisture back into it. Works pretty well.

TO MY DISGUST...this mascara appears to have been discontinued. Avon Supershock MAX is still available...however the brush is different and the formula is thicker, which I think doesn't look as natural. I just use a regular supershock brush from an old bottle with supershock MAX. I can settle with it for now... but I wish they would bring back the original!!

on 5/17/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara. I already have naturally long eyelashes but when I apply this on its own (no eyeliner, etc) it seems to really make my eyes pop! Otherwise I'll build it up to compliment my eyeliner and make my lashes stand out - no need to use multiple mascaras either. It can seem a little expensive - I actually only tried it because it was on the 2 for £10 deal - but I now think it's worth it for the money (head to eBay if needs must! 😉) for how well the product works. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

on 5/10/2013 5:01:00 PM

I actually got this free from my Avon lady and was shocked that I got it really, considering it's quite a hyped up product. The plastic brush didn't make my eyes light up as I'm not usually a fan of plastic brushes but I thought I would give it a go. I usually use a few mascaras each time I do my lashes, starting with the thinnest brush first and gradually using the biggest brush last, so this is the first mascara I use. It definitely makes a big difference to your lashes when you apply it, but on it's own I personally couldn't leave it at that. The packaging is pretty and stands out from other mascaras. I've nearly come to the end of my mascara I think and I can only tell because it's suddenly become very dry and kinda non-useable.. Considering I've only had it 2 weeks or so, I'm a bit surprised, so I don't think I will re-purchase it, but definitely worth a try!

on 3/7/2013 5:06:00 PM

I really, really adore this mascara. I get it in black and the formula is very smooth, builds on itself beautifully, the brush REALLY separates (which is a huge plus for me because if too much product is deposited on my left eyelashes at once they will stay clumped together, so not cute), and this mascara lasts and lasts and lasts. So if you are looking for a huge, full, falsie look with no clumps and that won't leave you with raccoon-eyes, this is an excellent choice.

Just altogether a fantastic mascara. Avon makes really great eye products and this is a real superstar mascara. I've been buying it for probably four years now and am never without it in my kit. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 1/19/2013 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have enjoyed this in navy very much. good alternative to black, not shock bright but has enough color! not at all halloweenish,perfect for everyday. navy is exactly as it says a dark blue. no shimmers or sparkles. for my very sensitive lense wearing eyes it has been awesome.
I just bought it in emerald green. which I heard is like a greyish green. I like that the colors are subtle,like I said for everyday , for my 30-something self.
recommended. never budged flaked or came off at all. waterproof.slept in etc. never any problem.
just adds subtle color, I admit , like others have reviewed..the formula doesnt do much in the way of thickening,lengthening.or shaping.its also a bit dry or matte like. not shiny.
but I love it. will purchase again.

on 1/11/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Pretty happy with this. On days when I want to go as natural as possible, I'd use my elf mineral infused mascara. But when I want some definition and volume (not too much though so I only do about 2 coats) I'd go with this. I like the bristles on the brush but it can be tricky to get shorter lashes (the elf is super easy). Also, a slimmer tube would be more travel friendly

on 1/3/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product on and off since high school, so at least 3-4 years now, and I keep coming back to it. Often I'll run out, and run to the drugstore and get something new to tide me over - because I always wait too long to contact my Avon representative - but nothing I've tried has ever been nearly as good as Avon Supershock. I even tried their Supershock Max and found it very clumpy.
It's pretty cheap, and Avon often has sales (like buy-one get-one). The brush gives my lashes tons of definition, separating each and every one while adding great volume - I often am asked if I'm wearing falsies while wearing this mascara. I can't recommend it more highly. As long as Avon makes this, I'll never waste my money on another mascara.