September 18, 2014 | 1366 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Black Label Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As I live in Sweden and had to buy it from an online make-up store I had to pay a few dollars extra for shipping, but considering how low the price was to start with (2-3$) I'll be happy to do it again because I'll also be raving about this, just as everyone else are.
I got this in the colour "Orchid" (a purple that's like a pinkblue'ish mix) and the colour is so great with the pigment while it's also very soft on the lip and shiny (no need for lipgloss here!). It can have a tendency to smudge a bit around the lips after a few hours, but I often have this on top of NYX's regular lipstick line's "Almost Black" and with the more matte lipstick as a base this darling ain't going anywhere.
I have only used it for a total of eight times or so, but I am already thinking about what my next BLL-purchase will be...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

bought tons of trade items for my studio from NYX distributors in Essex UK. I've been a pro artist for 20 years, worked for Mac back in the beginning. I was totally gob smacked by how much product and colour choice and soooooo cheap. My students who are obviously struggling to build up their make up kit, directed me to NYX, although I had bought products in USA years ago. Dont expect the choice of textures of Mac. but overall a pretty good choice, creamy, nice texture, yes I really liked them ,but with creamy butter texture comes problems of not lasting long. If that is your priority go for the matt shades, maybe a little gloss over in the middle of bottom lip. Best choice of most prooducts of a drug store brand, but you will not find the range in standard stores, they are keeping it to a degree exclusive

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by madvertsify

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing quality at such a low price. I have bling, garnet and socialite. Bling is a light matte pink. Garnet is a subdued red (still a bright color) and Socialite is a pinky red (looks quite natural on my pigmented lips)
Very moisturizing and don't dry out my super sensitive lips. Believe me when i say amazing quality cos i only buy chanel lipsticks cos most other brands just dry out my lips within 5 mins of putting them on. Buy from ebay from joy017. I live in singapore and the products reached in 2 weeks in excellent condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Basically my favorite lipsticks ever! I have at least 20 NYX lipsticks and prolly 5 or 6 black labels. They are crazy soft, super pigmented (which you can almost never find together), and have a huge array of shades. Love the packaging and the cheap price if you've never tried them... go get some now!!! You won't regret it, I promise ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by aliciaann1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absouletly love these lipsticks! I just recently got into putting on lipstick, and I decided to try NYX brand because of all the reviews and I'm so glad I did! these lipsticks (the black label) are just wonderful! I love how it makes my lips feel soft and it feels like I have nothing even on sometimes.
I bought just two different kinds right now, Natural and Bling. and These are both my two favorite shades right now! I'm going to purchase more shades fersure. I will definetly buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by xcluex

After an extensive foray into the NYX Round Lipsticks - I think I have err about 50+ now - I have now moved onto Black Label (sigh, I am a lipstick junkie to my chagrin - can't help myself!). These are more expensive than the Round Lipsticks, but I think it is justified - they are less slippery, which means they are longer-lasting - plus, $6 for a good quality lippie isn't grossly extravagant. They are still creamy and highly pigmented, feel good on your lips, and don't have any scent/taste I can tell. Packaging is slightly sturdier and larger, they are square and still have the color sample on the bottom. So I have 7 shades now, which I will review in detail separately later (hopefully!), but in summary here: Summer in Hampton (blue-toned pink, not too pepto, good for smokey eye maybe, didn't look super off as some other blue-toned pinks can be for me); Off the Beaten Path (a fresh juicy warm pink on me - can't believe there are no reviews yet - it's pretty, especially for summer!), Socialite (my fave so far - it's my Round Lipstick 'Doll' of the the Black Label - beautiful berry rose - when I tried it on, you know the feeling when a shade is just really good for you- like bam I look good - and begin skipping, or at least have an extra bounce to your step :))! I also have Diva that I got a while ago and can't really remember what it looked like (another blue-toned pink, somewhat lighter than Summer in Hampton I think, but I can't remember probably because I haven't worn it because it wasn't quite right out of the tube on me and I'm too lazy to make it work), Midnight Dinner (haven't tried on my lips yet, but swatched on my hand - a dramatic wine/berry shade), and Mahagony (again haven't tried on my lips, but looks like a rich brown-red, uumm mahogany-colored ;), swatched on my hand). I am NC 20-25 with yellow undertones (Asian) BTW. Yay for NYX!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

FAR BETTER THAN THE ROUND LIPSTICKS. Highly pigmented, wide range of colors, applies evenly, stays put (doesn't migrate), long staying power, doesn't dry out the lips, and beautiful finish. Best of all, unlike the round lipsticks (which for those, this is my biggest beef), these DO NOT sink into the creases of the lips because the formula isn't so ultra creamy. I don't feel like I HAVE to wear a lip liner all over my lips just to get it not to expose every wrinkle in my lips, like I do with the round lipsticks. I'll never choose a round lipstick over the black label ones, these are worth every penny. You'll save in the end because they are so much more functional, and you won't have to use as much because the staying power is so much better. I thought I was saving money by purchasing the super cheap round lipsticks, but I now realize the illusion in that. Sometimes quality makes for the better bargain. Packaging is a bit bulky, but sturdy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mbanghart

I have this lipstick in silver stone (#154) and i absolutely love it. it looks pink in the tube but on the lips it is this great silvery shimmery pink color! It glides on really smooth and doesn't dry my lips out. I got this product for dirt cheap because my designer fragrances outlet carries NYX and they had a table full of NYX stuff where you could choose any 5 things for just $9.95! So my lipstick was only $2! I think i might go back for more..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by megdt923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that these lipsticks are just as good as any really high quality lipstick. The round ones are great too. These are quite a deal pricier, but they also have about 2 times the amount in them as the round. I would strongly suggest them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I explain how smooth and moisturizing NYX Black Label Lipsticks are, and before I babble on about their full coverage, velvety formula, I have a rant about the swatches on their website. Their representations are highly inaccurate, even with the handy "roll over to enlarge" feature. I believe that some of the 96 shades of these lipsticks come in creme, shimmer, and metallic formulas, but this information is not available on the website, so you basically pay your money and take your chances. My random purchasing resulted in the following shades, all of which happen to be the creme formula:

~Brick is a corally red with just a touch of brown, much lighter than one might imagine with this name.

~Berry is a ladylike, almost retro rosy pink.

~Midnight Dinner is a medium deep pinky red cream. that is more muted than bright. If reds are hard for you to wear, try this one. It's my favorite of the bunch.

~Heather is a bubblegum pink with a hint of coral.

~Hot Tamale is orangy pink, quite a bit more coral than Heather.

Black Label is a full coverage, long lasting lipstick, reminiscent of Vincent Longo's Creme Riche formula. They are indeed wonderfully moisturizing and creamy with a good dose of pigment. The formula is very comfortable; it feels more like a lip treatment than a lipstick. Scent-wise, there is a slight grape-y or fruity note that lasts a moment or two on application and then dissipates completely. These lipsticks have no sunscreen and no taste. The packaging boasts the product is Cruelty Free/Lead Free.
The size is slightly shorter and wider than a Chanel lipstick. The tube is sturdy with a sample of the color encased in clear plastic on the bottom to identify the shade. The top of the case is metallic grey black, with a black lace filigree design. The packaging is actually one of the better designs in this price range. The name and number of the shade is lettered on the top and there is a peel-off sticker along the side which removes cleanly. One caveat: If you have a few Black Labels in your bag it's easy to switch the lids and forever mix up the names!

The best price I've seen is on mscuppycakes.com where the Black Label Lipsticks are sold for $4.50.
They are $7.00 on nyxcosmetics.com.

With so many shades to choose from, you are certain to find several of these to love!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No