October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by mddlnclr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ahhhhhh... I wanted to hate this stuff, I really did. It's just so darn expensive.. I mean $70 for a thing of powder is just RIDICULOUS!! So I started with the sample and try as I may, I couldn't hate it. It has been the only thing that has worked (and I've been trying everything) to dull out the red/dry/flkay patches of my first month on Retin-A. Will I buy it once my skin has healed up and adjusted to my new skin regime.,...? Debateble (only because on the price). But for now, it has been my HG for camouflage (do not expect full coverage from this stuff alone though).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lizzliscio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I got this in the smashbox try it kit and its comes with a little brush. The brush works great with this powder. This powder really makes my skin look amazing! I use it over the smashbox bb cream which also came with the smashbox try it kit and together they just make my skin look better than its ever looked!

I only spent $30 dollars for the whole kit which is pretty good since it came with bb cream, this powder, primer, and a brush.

Overall GREAT product definitely would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by niosha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. Really makes your makeup perfect and hydrates which is important for me especially during winters. BUT please will someone change the packaging? I love the size, the mirror, the turn style powder release BUT the click button that opens/closes the compact has broke on each and every one of my compacts so I now can't close the compact - POWDER everywhere! Plus the powder is constantly being oxidized cause I can't close it. Other than that I do love this product but for the price I'm paying I shouldn't have to worry about the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay. Honestly. Unless this color does not work for you, there is no reason for this to be rated under 5 stars! I can not believe how flawless it makes my skin look. By far the best powder I've used yet. Not only that, but I seriously feel like it has made my skin appear nicer, because now when I don't use it, I still feel like my skin is glowing. I am a medium shade, the foundation is a little light for me, but when I apply the powder the color is absolutely perfect and my face looks better throughout the day.

I loooooooooooove this stuff!

You can check out a more thorough review on my channel at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

: ) If the color is right....BUY IT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Ninjaturtle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product runs DARK. I'm usually between medium and tan shades, but I bought the light/medium color and it matches my NC37 skin. I like the concept of grinding fresh powder but that's really all I find intriguing about this product. I used this after applying foundation. It's just a regular loose powder. I didnt get any coverage from it. Nothing fancy. Not worth the high price tag. So far the only Smashbox products I LOVE are the brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Flawless medium-heavier coverage but $$$$

I got a sample of this HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder but wasn't sure how to use it... so I went to Sephora and asked. :)

One of the reps who wanders the store stopped to help. He asked my permission to do his thing, I gave it, he whipped out the Sephora Blush Brush #49 (LOVE!) and went to work... his hands almost a blur. Once done, he directed me to a mirror and WOAH!! Gorgeous coverage, if a little heavier than I prefer. Almost too flawless, if such a thing exists. :)

BUT!!! This is supposed to replace your foundation/powder sooo... where's the SPF. :( For the price, I expect some protection. Still, the coverage is lovely, so I'd consider. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this powder as part of the Smashbox Try It kit.

It's a pretty decent powder, I find it mattifying, but I can't use a kabuki brush with this. I actually use a poof (the one that comes with ELF HD powder).

Using the poof is the only way I can get any benefit from this product, if I use a brush there isn't enough coverage in the powder.

This powder is usable and doesn't irritate my skin. But I don't feel like it offers decent coverage. It is crazy expensive, and I don't know why because it doesn't work any better than CG, which is $6.

I will finish the powder that came with the kit, but I would never purchase this. It is so expensive and it doesn't do anything.

It's cool how you twist from the bottom to get the product out though, but even that I find wasteful because I doubt you can get the last bit of product out once it's close to empty. And at almost $60 a jar I'm sure you want to be able to squeeze every last speck out powder out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahmissbonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a combination type skin which can get really dry so I was quite reluctant to go for this until I got a sample and thought to give it a try... Oh my God. It gives such a velvety pearly finish and is really hydrating. No problems what so ever with my combination skin it actually somehow balances it.. It doesn't have that cakey effect on the oily areas either.. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by emmakrramer

I absolutely love this. It gives a good coverage and is not cakey whatsoever. My all-time favorite product of it's kind. I wouldn't recommend the brush though. Make sure you have a good brush on hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Probably the best powder I've used in a long time. The most unique thing about this is the grinder for sure - I like to think of it as grinding the "fresh essences" of the product everytime you use it. It's also good in that you grind only how much you need so the product doesn't get everywhere and isn't too messy. The powder has some coverage to it too which I find is great for people(especially in the summer) who don't want the heaviness of foundation but want to look matte/want a little coverage. This is perfect - the only thing is I would recommend a setting spray just in case. Otherwise, this product is amazing :) Worth a try!