Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.7

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 7/6/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff was the worst. Sits atop my face; yet doesn't cover anything. Too expensive. Bad color choices.

I love this especially for "light days" . Not that good for oily skin but looks nice for first few hours... Then needs to be blotted & reapplied.

on 6/23/2014 9:18:00 AM

I can honestly say that I'm amazed that this has so many good reviews! I got it as part of the Try It kit and can honestly say that it's very run of the mill and ordinary. As for being hydrating, well, it's a powder, so I don't really know what I expected, but it certainly doesn't hydrate. Like most Smashbox creams, it has an orange tinge, leaving me looking like I've been tango'd. I give up on Smashbox completely, it's overpriced rubbish.

on 6/18/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love Halo powder! It is my HG of any powder I have tried. It never looks cakey nor does it settle into lines. I use it in light and although I'm more of a medium complexion it is dark enough. I use it with my LancĂ´me mineral brush all over my face and go back with my shiseido brush just under my eyes to set my concealer. It's not cheap although it has come down in price from $72 to $58 only now they don't throw in the little mineral brush (useless anyway).

on 6/10/2014 7:56:00 PM

Love the way this powder melts into my skin when I brush it on. It looks and feels amazing. The powder lasts for a very long time, about 1 year which I think justifies the cost. The only issue I have with it is the packaging. The closure always gets stuck so it will not snap shut unless I stick something into the latch hole to push the button out.

on 6/4/2014 8:33:00 PM

My favorite powder ever. Doesn't crease, when used with the primer it will stay all day as a foundation, and you can build the coverage with it. The only negative is the price as it is pretty spendy.

on 3/25/2014 1:44:00 PM

I bought this in the try it kit, and while everything else in the kit makes me break out, the powder works incredibly well for me. It's the first powder I've found that doesn't emphasize dry patches and flakes and doesn't break me out. It blurs imperfections and makes my red skin look practically flawless.

on 3/18/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ahhhhhh... I wanted to hate this stuff, I really did. It's just so darn expensive.. I mean $70 for a thing of powder is just RIDICULOUS!! So I started with the sample and try as I may, I couldn't hate it. It has been the only thing that has worked (and I've been trying everything) to dull out the red/dry/flkay patches of my first month on Retin-A. Will I buy it once my skin has healed up and adjusted to my new skin regime.,...? Debateble (only because on the price). But for now, it has been my HG for camouflage (do not expect full coverage from this stuff alone though).

on 3/17/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! I got this in the smashbox try it kit and its comes with a little brush. The brush works great with this powder. This powder really makes my skin look amazing! I use it over the smashbox bb cream which also came with the smashbox try it kit and together they just make my skin look better than its ever looked!

I only spent $30 dollars for the whole kit which is pretty good since it came with bb cream, this powder, primer, and a brush.

Overall GREAT product definitely would repurchase!

on 2/3/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. Really makes your makeup perfect and hydrates which is important for me especially during winters. BUT please will someone change the packaging? I love the size, the mirror, the turn style powder release BUT the click button that opens/closes the compact has broke on each and every one of my compacts so I now can't close the compact - POWDER everywhere! Plus the powder is constantly being oxidized cause I can't close it. Other than that I do love this product but for the price I'm paying I shouldn't have to worry about the packaging.

Top Rated Smashbox Products