April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Probably the best powder I've used in a long time. The most unique thing about this is the grinder for sure - I like to think of it as grinding the "fresh essences" of the product everytime you use it. It's also good in that you grind only how much you need so the product doesn't get everywhere and isn't too messy. The powder has some coverage to it too which I find is great for people(especially in the summer) who don't want the heaviness of foundation but want to look matte/want a little coverage. This is perfect - the only thing is I would recommend a setting spray just in case. Otherwise, this product is amazing :) Worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiflower1

I LOVE this bronzing powder. It is matte, it is brown, and it looks dreamy on the skin. Can be used on various shades of skin if not using solely for personal use. Has a way of softening the overall look of the skin. Never without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Kaitj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I put it on over my foundation and I'm good to go, however!! I do reapply maybe 3 times a day. I was suggested the pressed powder but if you wipe the pressed powder on your hand you will find that it creases almost instantly. Besides the reapplying I really enjoy this product. Keep in mind it is not the best for coverage it's very sheer and if you need something heavier for coverage I would suggest the MAC studio effect I used it for years but I wanted something lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't work what the point of this was... For a powder it seemed not to offer any kind of matte finish, but there wasn't any coverage either. I normally use powder to take away shine and set foundation, which this didn't do, and beyond that, I couldn't see why I would use it. Meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by taromo

I love this powder. It does a nice job of setting foundation. Alone it doesn't cover up flaws great but with concealer and foundation it works really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an all over powder to wear with light coverage for easy weekend days where I didn't want to wear a face full of foundation. I planned to wear this over concealer. I had a few problems. The main issue, and the reason this is a NO for me, is that it felt uncomfortable on my skin (slightly irritated/itchy). Also, the way I roll, I like to touch up concealer throughout the day - it gets rubbed off and what not... when I tried to add concealer over the top of the powder and blend, it did not work at all - caused a mess on my face. The lightest shade worked for me, but would not work for paler people. The packaging was top notch though - ingenious - 5 stars for it.... you screw the mechanism inside and it dispenses a bit of product, then it comes with a nice dense brush (unheard of!) to apply. No need to drop another 40 bucks on a brush. The coverage was actually higher than I had expected - it was light to medium.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have acne-prone skin and was aware of the risk that I was taking when I purchased this product. I wanted to try a hydrating powder because I thought that it would not look so cakey, dry and disgusting on my skin as some of the other popular mineral foundation tend to look. I was quite bowled over by the quality of this product. I like how the company includes a shaver- it makes for less messy application and it decreases the risk that you waste the product or spill it on the counter. This is a very expensive retail product at $59, so I did not want to be wasteful. When I apply it, I only use a little, and it leaves my skin with a cooling sensation upon application. I do not think it makes me look greasy or oily during the day. I have not broken out as a result of using this product. As for the packaging, the full-sized product is quite large, so it is a bit difficult to fit into a cosmetic bag as it takes up a lot of space. It also comes with a mirror in the top part of the compact, but considering that when closed the mirror accumulates the powder dust residue, it makes it a little tedious to use. For this reason I give the packaging only a four out of five stars. Other than that, I think this powder is a gem and is worth the money.

Update: After having been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay powder for the last few months, I have to remove one lippie from this product. Comparably, Tarte's product is simply superior- better lasting power, less need for reapplication, more compact for traveling, etc. However, I still do enjoy this product and therefore will leave it with four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this powder. I use it over my thin layer of liquid foundation to swipe my impurities. It goes on very well, and it absorbs into my skin rather quickly. With this powder I would say that less is more. It also sticks to my skin throughout the day, and I don't have to reapply or do any touch-ups. Overall a very good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by blee060

I love the packaging concept but the product itself isn't impressive enough for the money. It's good, it doesn't break me out and the coverage is nice (I don't want heavy coverage) but my forehead still gets oily half way through the day. It's ok but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is the best powder I have ever used! I had almost given up on finding a finishing powder. Either they clogged my pores, or highlghted flaws, or oxidized. Halo powder does not do any of those things. Anti-ageing, glowy, smooth, perfect. One word of caution, the colors are much darker than expected. I normally wear light-medium shades in powders and foundations. In this, I wear the lightest shade, fair. I originally bought light and ended up using it as a subtle bronzer, as it is a light tan shade...