April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years (shade 20, Claire). It lasts forever and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin (very natural, not pasty or dry). Occasionally I try a newer formula, but still haven't found anything that comes close to this. The tub is huge and lasts me well over a year, so I don't mind paying a bit more for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

I'm NC 20 and bought this in no. 20 which is a perfect match. I was going to get no. 30 but salesperson said that would be a tad darker than my skin tone so I went with the lighter option. It feels really good and silky on skin. Definitely worth the $ as there is so much product. I switched to this after finishing my MUFE HD powder. Honestly I do miss the smaller jar but I'm liking Chanel better so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by maggiethebeagle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its amazing! I got this loose powder after readin' all these good reviews i was previously using Mineral veil from BareMinerals. This is super lightweight NEVER looks cakey even if you accidentally use too much,finely milled,and its pretty cheap considering that it last bout 3 yrs. my shade is 40 DORĂˆ which is a bit dark only bcuz the lighter one was all out i still love it! Will repurchase also the puff i really useful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This a beautiful powder. The best I have ever tried. Apparently I am not alone in this, look at all those 5 star reviews! It has a super fine texture and just a bit of color. I have pale, sensitive skin - in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I use B10, but it is a little too dark, so I use Le Blanc de Chanel underneath to lighten the shade a bit and it is perfect. This powder in the lightest shade (20 Clair) is also too dark, but just a hair instead of a whole shade, and since it is translucent it is still easy to work with. I find that I tend to take the foundation just a little too light with the Le Blanc many times, and this is perfect to settle it back down to the perfect shade. The color in the powder is neutral, not warm or cool. It is so fine that if you apply it lightly you can set a foundation like VA without losing its unique finish. If you apply it more heavily you can achieve a true matte look, but it never gets cakey. Some powders feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of my skin, not this one. It has a very faint fragrance that doesn't bother me at all.

Price - it's Chanel, so it ain't cheap. But as other reviewers have noted, you get a lot of product for your money so it's a good value.

Packaging - very elegant package, nice aesthetics if you wanted to display it. It is a typical round powder jar with a sifter and a powder puff on top. I only wish the sifter had a closing mechanism like Laura Mercier's loose powders. You do have to make sure you keep it upright. It's best to keep it on a counter or on the bottom of a drawer so it doesn't tip. Don't try to carry it around with you, get the pressed powder compact for that instead. My pressed powder compact came with a little plastic separator on top of the powder, I repurposed that to cover the sifter holes in the loose powder to keep my puff clean. I've seen a lot of complaints about the puff but I like mine just fine. I don't apply the powder with it since I can't get the hang of applying it evenly that way - I apply with a brush (current favorite powder brush is Sephora Pro #50) and then I use the puff to press the powder into the foundation. I have washed my puff and found it easy to wash with facewash. I squeezed all the water out and set it to dry on a towel. It was taking too long and I needed it for the next morning so I wound up using my blow dryer on medium heat, finished on low, and that worked great and restored the original texture of the velour. I would not recommend high heat as I think this is glued together and you don't want to overheat the glue. It looks like new, didn't fall apart. If you did need to replace it, Laura Mercier has some nice puffs that I think will fit in this container.

In summary - love it, will definitely buy again. HG.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder. It gives a very natural finish and makes your face look flawless, and is very lightweight but lasts nearly all day (even for my oily skin). The container is huge so it should definitely stay at home (not good for packing in your bag for a mid-day touch up), but the good thing about that is you get a lot of powder and it lasts a long time. You don't need to use very much since it's so fine and soft it just glides and spreads evenly over your face. A big plus is that it also prevents my foundation from looking ashy. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Cons:
-none
-doesnt last long. mattifying effect is not dramatic (in case - very good and natural), but you have to reapply at every 30 minutes if you want your T zone to stay matte

Pros:
-lightweit
-doesnt clog pores

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lucya25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this loose powder and I am hooked! Understand that I have been wearing makeup for many many years and never have I come across loose face powder as perfecting, as fine, as natural as this. It is a secret waiting for others to notice! How cool is that!! I found it. First time using it, I actually stopped and took a second look at how nice my complexion looked I continued on through my house at other mirrors. Never had I done that with ANY cosmetic before. I chose the NATURAL shade and it blends so nicely with my skintone. I have very light skin yet not that super fair skintone. This shade is just right, like I have beautiful skin naturally. It is awesome! The price is a bit high compared to other loose powders. It is true, that you do get what you pay for. In the long run, you may pay cheaper for other brands but is it really worth it when you do not get the desired effects that you truly want. Think about it. I love this powder. Others look at me like I am a woman in my mid 50's with really nice skin. It's a nice feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Camri

LOVE this product! This is my first Chanel makeup purchase and I can't say enough good things about it. It is so light and when it's on you can barely tell I have makeup on. It's evens out skin and makes it look perfect! There is a lot of product and I don't use a lot so I know it will last me a long time! This is hands down the best powder I have ever used! It's so worth the money.