Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 9/11/2013 7:52:00 PM

Didnt like it. Make my face oily, powder or foindation dont stay put on this and it made my face a weird pinkish shade.

on 9/8/2013 2:15:00 PM

I got suckered into buying about 5 clinique products from the redness line when I was shopping the other day. The lady told me that this could be used as a moisturizer for my dry sensitive red skin. clearly she just wanted the commission because when i got home to use it i realized its not a moisturizer but a base. regardless the base is very thick and feels almost like the consistency of a face mask. I didnt notice much difference in my redness and it made my skin dry and itchy. I returned it and won't be purchasing again

on 9/2/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Of all the redness solution products by Clinique, this is the only one I truly feel is a unnecessary. Yes, this base helps even out red and dark areas as claimed; however, isn't that the case with anything tinted you strategically place over red skin for counter-acting this problem?

For me, this doesn't work as a base under foundation - its too thick and heavy for that. This certainly doesn't work as a silky base for pre makeup application, no way! I can only use it during times when foundation is unnecessary, such as running errands or when daytime company is over for a casual event/look wherein getting all dolled up is not on the agenda. I will use my tube up on my off, no foundation days and then make it a distant memory. And while it does make for a good enough red reducer and sunscreen for these non makeup/casual days, the price for certain doesn't warrant a return purchase! I mean, this stuff runs only a couple bucks less than the red reducer foundation - geez!

I don't recommend this product nor will I re-purchase. This purchase was pretty much sauteed in let down sauce all around...

I received it as a part of Redness Solution sample kit and first didn't took the product seriously first as my mind rosacea got back to normal but recently I decided to try it as a primer and applied it only on my T-zone. The effect of it wowed me away: the rather large pores on my nose + nose area almost disappeared! However I still don't really like it on my whole face as it seems to clog the pores a bit and make me sweat a little....But gonna definitely purchase the whole tube to use as a primer.

on 6/25/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have sensitive, blemish-prone skin with red marks and hyperpigmentation. I don't like wearing a lot of base makeup (foundation, bb cream, tinted moisturiser), because I prefer my skin to breathe and do its own thing - it makes my skin look better in the long run. At the same time I've never really got on well with wearing sunscreen on my face but I do need it in Summer!

This product is excellent for all of my skin requirements - its green tinted, so evens out my skin tone and corrects redness and just makes me look more polished without needing foundation. It has spf 15 which is great - and it hasn't broken me out despite having spf, which is really great.

Like all Clinique's packaging, it's very chic-looking in a lovely slim pale green tube. It costs £16 for 40ml, which is expensive. However it lasts 2 years after opening, and I only need a small amount to cover my whole face. I only need spf in Summer where I live, so I will only be purchasing one a year at most. It moisturises, protects against the elements, gives spf, and corrects skin tone - a great multi-functional product and one I will repurchase. Would love to find a cheaper alternative, but I haven't seen any drugstore equivalent so far.

on 4/3/2013 12:32:00 AM

Kind of a meh product ; think it irritated my sensitive skin and did nothing to reduce the inflammation

on 1/12/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was so sad that this one did not work for me, I have rosacea and thought this would be a good primer but It broke me out...3 time in the same spot, now I have an ugly scar next to my face. At the beginning I thought it was something else but as soon as I stopped using this my face came back to normal.

I was recently diagnosed with mild rosacea and was looking for a product line that would help and not irritate my skin. I have been so impressed with the whole Clinique Redness Solutions line. I love this primer. You only need a little and I find it has really helped reduce the redness on my cheeks. My skin feels softer and healthier than it has been in years!

on 11/7/2012 9:34:00 AM

I did not like this product at all! It did cover up some of the redness I have around my nose area, but it never set. This resulted in: 1) most of the product (and thus, also the coverage) vanished when I applied my foundation; 2) my foundation couldn't set as it should either, leading to very visible scratch marks on my face whenever I touched it. Also, it irritated my skin. In other words, completely wasted money!

on 11/1/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this little green primer/sunscreen product. It can be worn under foundation, alone or for days in the sun I use this as part of my 3 step skin care and then use City Block 25 SPF, to get sun protection with a light tint for that natural look. Can't go wrong with this line. I have Rosacea(mild) and by taking the time to let this line of products correct my dry irritated skin, I have become a very happy customer,as I have been trying so many products that made my skin worse and now I have found something that actually changed the appearence of my skin and got rid of all the dry flakes I have had for years!