November 29, 2014 | 1677 users online

Crème - Avene - Couvrance Compact Foundation SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by raebbit

This product has HG potential. I got the rich formula in Natural 02 and it matches my skin (NC20) perfectly. I have searched so long to find a foundation that matches my skintone, not too pink, not too yellow. I did love the MAC shades, but sadly every foundation I have tried broke me out and made my acne prone skin worse. And this product matches my skintone and doesn't make my skin break out. I have worn it dayly for over a month and my skin is looking great.
It is true though, that the application isn't done in a second. For me I have found out that I can't archieve a perfect look with this unless my skin is well moisturized. But hey, I always use moisturizer anyway, so that isn't really a problem. I find that the application with a sponge works best for me. This way it doesn't look caky, but like the most perfect skin. I do like to set it with powder, because otherwise the rich formula sometimes leaves me a bit oily. The staying power is just fantastic and it holds all day. Compared to most foundations I find it really rather cheap, I paid about 15 € for it. And I guess I get to use it for another month or so.
Overall it's a great product, especially considering the SPF of 30. I will definetely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pattumaami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
- DID NOT break me out.
- Decend coverage
- I respect the SPF 30
- hides my pores
CONS:
- NOT a natural coverage
- Creases badly, settles on wrinkles
- after 3 hours, am an OIL PAN.
- End of the day, there"s no foundation to remove, already it slipped off totally from my face.
- unsanitary packaging (but how can I expect a creme make up to be?)

Overall a decent product, if you do NOT have OILY SKIN

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation (01) on a whim because the CVS i was in was discontinuing the Avene line. I was impressed with the coverage and staying-power. I wasn't crazy about the texture. It could be a little less dry. While it worked well, I wouldn't buy it again because I feel like there are other foundations out there that would have a texture I liked better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by greeneyesies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive, rosacea-prone skin that needs decent coverage so I though this product (the Riche formula in 01 Porcelaine) would be perfect for my needs. After all, I find Avene skincare to be excellent, so shouldn't the make-up be suitable for me too? You'd think so, right? Wrong.

The coverage is weird. Even using as instructed, pressing it into the skin with the sponge and building up coverage gradually, it looked thick and cakey on and never sank into the skin or set properly, even though I used powder. It felt oddly sticky on my skin all day and much worse, towards the end of the day, my skin started feeling irritated. By the time I got to take it off, I had bright red patches all over my face and by nighttime, burning, stinging and the beginnings of swelling. My left eyelid actually puffed up mightily overnight and I looked and felt absolutely dreadful by morning. Yeah, another high-end, so-called sensitive skin product that produced an allergy. I usually use much cheaper, lower-end foundations and these never produce these disgusting reactions, btw - it's always some high-end thing that does it. It also gave me an instant giant rosacea pimple on the side of my niose. Haven't seen one of those since I tried the Bobbi Brown Moisture Foundation a year ago!

So, yeah, I would definitely not use, let alone buy this foundation again. I'm sitting here with an icepack for my eye and stinging skin after dosing myself with antihistamines and covering my face with Avene's Skin Recovery Cream, a fantastic product. The lesson I've drawn from all this is that I should just stick to my usual L'Oreal foundation not bother trying any other lines - and that Avene shoud stick to what it does best - making skincare - and stay out of the make-up market. I've never reacted so badly to a make-up product in my life.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the avene website said this foundation gives very good coverage without looking unnatural. well, the coverage is really not that great. i apply it with my fingers (which i don't like because it's unsanitary) so it covers very little. when applied with the sponge that came with it, my face looks like a cakey mess, the sponge is unable to blend the foundation nicely, plus it's very visible that i'm wearing makeup.
however, the pros are that it didn't cause any breakouts and that it has a pretty high spf.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely hated this product. I bought the 02 Natural rich formula one and it made me look pasty white. So, I tried putting it on lightly and, after a few minutes, my face got really itchy and I got red patches everywhere! I guess I was allergc to something in it but it said it was safe for people wth sensitive skin. Even if I wasn't allergic to it, I don't think I would buy it again. Didn't like the coverage at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sissy20allen

Well I can't say the better words for this product.I wanted something to conceal all my acne spots so I ended up on this.I bought 03 (Beige sable oil-free) )but I'm not so satisfied as I expected.The only thing I liked on it was the high coverage.it made my spots almost invisible but what about all other needs of my face?it was too dry for me so I had to put on so much hydrating cream before.it made my skin look uneven and cakey.My skin was shouting:''Ι wear make up on!''Everyone was saying me that I'm so unnatural with this and I look shieviled-up.It was cracking on my fine lines after a few minutes and it looked both shiny and dry at day.One of my friends told me:''You look like shit with this thing''.So now I use it locally only to conceal spots and it does a very good job...even better than special concealers for spots.I think I wouldn't buy it again and I wouldn't also recommend you to do that.Although I know that it comes in creamy compact texture.maybe it's much better but it sounds too ''heavy'' so I don't wanna try that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

I got this in the poudre texture, oil free for combination skin. This is one of my faves. It lasts all day, even in hot, humid weather. The colors are very good and matches very well. Texture is not heavy, you can layer it for more coverage, which is better than any other normal foundations (only vichy dermablend corrective foundation has fuller coverage). It has no smell, is super blendable, doesn´t look cakey, it won´t sit on pores. It controls shine very well and don´t emphasize dry areas. A keeper. I got it in 04 honey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by orchidmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best foundations that I've used. I use the shade 02 Natural in the rich formula and it blends into my skin perfectly. Not too yellow and not too pink, it has a neutral tone that doesn't look too washed out when you put it on. This is a cream foundation that is quite pigmented, so you can't expect to put it on like a normal liquid foundation. I think the main problem with most of the people is the way you put it on. If you try to put it on with a synthetic foundation brush, it will not go on well. You have to use a wedge sponge or those goat hair foundation brushes good for cream foundation, like the Shu Uemura one or the CoverFX one, and don't put too much on. With cream foundation in general, you should not put on too much product. That is another reason why other people are reporting it looking clownish and being able to see foundation patches on their face. Anyways, what I do when I apply this is I use the Vincent Longo wedge sponge, which gives an absolutely perfect finish. I just dab the wedge sponge on the compact and push the product on top of the face and all over and then blend afterwards. You must set this with powder and it will last all day, even in super hot humid climate, as I have tried in Asia. It is also waterproof so even if you're sweating, it will not run off. Also, I would advise using the rich formula because the product would be more pliable, whileas the other formula may be too dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bananna12

This is the only concealer that does not cause me to break out! I do not like the creme compact, simply because of the think texture. But I do really like the liquid foundation, it goes on great with a small sponge for all the coverage you need for small imperfections. I also really like the powder compact foundation. I do not use this one all over my face, just the few spots that I need a bit more coverage. Theres no need for touch up throughout the day, and the SPF is great to help prevent sun damage. Love it! Will never go back to my old campact