November 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Everyday Minerals - Pick Me Up Pink [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by incoehoots

I honestly don't know why I thought this product was what I was looking for. It is not a primer imo. I have gone to just mixing it with my EDM intensive, as the extra step doesn't do any good. It does cover redness better than I would have expected, but I still need a primer or it is all for naught when it slides off my face.
I would more put this in a highlighter category. Not impressed really.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by greyishblue

I read all this wonderful reviews here and can not believe that it does not work for me as a primer at all. I am Asian with light/medium complexion. If apply this product all over my face as a primer, it goes very chalky and my complexion turns ashy. I believe it'll work great on pink undertone rather than my skin which is more yellowy. Although it works great as a highlighter and the website does not mention it as a primer. I will continue using it as a highlighter instead. I use it on my under eye to create light diffusing effect occasionally (it's too bright for everyday use). Very little goes along the way. It is not what I am looking for though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

Wow, thank heavens for MakeUpAlley-- without this site, I would have never used this as a primer. It leaves my skin looking flawless. Airbrushed. Skin tone is sooo even. Everyone says green cancels out redness, but I have to say, I think pink cancels it out better! Made my red blemishes fade and worked as a perfect primer for my Everyday Minerals foundation. I have golden skin (strong golden; I'm half Asian) and it worked beautifully with my color. Will repurchase, definitely!
Do not hesitate; try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by evabigman

Love It, Use it Everyday. It does help to neutralize redness, but for me it just perks my skin up. It gives me a really fresh youthful look. Please EDM never stop making this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nynygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this stuff, who knew pink would tone down the redness on my chin and cheeks. I will not be without it. It works better than any shade of green I've tried. The color applies much lighter on the face than in the jar. I use it under my base, but I think with a light touch I could get away with only using the PMUP. Will definitely buy again, but unfortunately for company, and fortunately for me, I think the full size will be lasting a very long time. If you are unsure you can try a sample size, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I too was skeptical about this being able to cancel out red, but when I decided to try this last year, I couldnt believe it. It really did reduce redness on my face. I used it under my foundation and also tried it over. It works great both ways, and if you dust it on after your makeup, you just get a nice airbrushed look. I will buy again, but I doubt I will need to for a while. I dont use it everyday and I still have a TON left from the jar I purchased last year.
UPDATE 10/8/09: Im still using the same jar, but purchased a new one just in case I run out. I use this under my foundation sort of like a primer that evens out skintone. I have been using this everyday, so im anticipating an empty jar soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mandicandi412

When I'm running late I skip my usual mineral foundation and just swipe this wherever I'm looking red or oily. It really does the trick! It's also great for setting your makeup and soaking up oil. Also, it doesn't irritate my acne prone skin. I will repurchase, though I was so disappointed when the container broke (I just put it in an old Bare Minerals case). Still worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This product might be an HG-in-the-making for me, but I have to try it a few more times before I up my rating. I'm looking for a natural and gentle regimen to cover up ruddiness. Yesterday, I used it in conjunction with Pure Luxe Creamy Natural foundation, followed by About Face Cashmere Stockings in Level One, and my complexion looked pretty damn near perfect. However, because I used it with other products, I can't really give it a firm rating until I try it alone. I'll update when I do. The texture is finely milled and "creamy"; no chalkiness.

Used alone: Gave me an acceptable-enough "face" to run a quick errand or for a no-makeup day.

Used with other prodcuts: Used as a primer before PL Creamy Natural foundation and About Face Cashmere Stockings (Level One), my face was flawless!

Where did I buy this: Everyday Minerals Web site.

Price: $2.50 for a generous 1/4-teaspoon sample (EDM is a bit more expensive than other e-tailers, but this item was worth it).

Packaging: Standard screw-top sample pot, no sifter cap.

Would I buy again: Yup. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by GinnyKiyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to cancel the green-ish tint under my eyes. It works wonderfully as a corrector. So inexpensive and I totally recommend it. It's also something I use all over my face for a bright "pick me up" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice finish, it actually made a huge difference in how my MMU foundation looked. It really and truly did tone down redness on my cheeks and made the overall finish of my MU flawless and smooth. Will definitely be repurchasing in a full size (I bought the sample size to try), as I am a regular EDM user.