December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this on clearance at walmart, so I thought I'd give it a try. The coverage is ok but it can look really cakey, if i apply too much. I can't stand the smell. The smell alone, makes me not wanna continue using this product. So glad I didn't pay full price for this. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by deenie2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wasteful packaging considering i use the darkest shade in the container so almost half is unusable. Goes on well and has nice coverage but cakes terribly. I use Clarins Instant Smooth as a primer. Much better choices out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by elliechoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this, i liked how the coverage was quite buildable and it lasted quite a long time when i had on my primer and setting powder. Although one thing i have noticed is that it has a very strong quite unpleasant smell which is why i only gave it a four out of 5 :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by annely

Price: About C$21 in Shoppers Drug Mart (not sure)
Packaging: For some reason, the spout always "leaks" foundation, even a few seconds after I've released the pump. Not only does this waste foundation, but it also makes the cap and spout area very dirty.
Coverage: light - medium. This doesn't really cover pimples, although it's good enough for acne scars or slight discolorations. It also settles in patches of dry skin, so moisturize well before applying.
Application: smooth and problem-free. I tend to use either my fingers or a sponge. I've never used a brush with this foundation.
Consistency: creamy and liquid, but not runny. Just the kind of consistency I like. I can dot it around my face without fear of it dripping down or drying out before I blend.
Finish: Satiny. Does not look cakey at all, except when applied on dry patches or flaked skin. It doesn't have shimmer in it as far as I can tell, but the finish is not exactly matte, nor dewy. More like satin-y.
Transference: None. Does not transfer onto clothes or skin once it's dry.
Other comments: I think that the concept is flawed in that this "wastes" a lot of foundation once you start running out of either side and are no longer able to mix your "ideal" shade. With me, I found that the differences between the shades were subtle enough that I could wear them all without it looking too off, but I did have a preference for the lighter shades, which I soon ran out of. I think though, that this will be good for people who are a of a slightly different shade in the summer months as they are in winter. It does not give me the coverage I need for my T-zone acne, so I will try other brands. This foundation blends in with my skin so well that I actually can't tell whether or not it's been wiped off until I run a cleansing cloth through my face. Not sure if that's a good thing LOL.
Bottom line: Don't resort to this unless you absolutely cannot find a shade that fits you well enough, or if you change shades throughout the year. Those with heavy acne will also need more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by yfashion

Good idea, if the foundation didn't suck. I bought if because I have almost impossible to match skin. The foundation dries too quickly and leaves you with streaky marks. It's got a weird texture and makes even my oily/combo skin look cakey. Even with all those shades, I still had to mix two of them to actually find a *decent* tone for my skin. Disappointment.
Also, breaks me out, looks horrible in general.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by anapaulavh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

i think this is a great idea.. but wrongly executed, because the foundation is not good. ok, it has a good coverage (the way i like.. ), but makes my skin too much oily...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by RAPPEL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Terrible packaging, color and consistency!!! back to the store :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kgal1298

Actually maybe. I think it's great in the summer for changing skin tones, but I find in the winter you waste a lot of product with this because I tend to go to the lightest color possible in the colder months so this wastes the other side completely. Also I tried to open it up and wow that was a pain. I think because of the mechanism it has to be built this way, but I feel like it would be better if you could depot it at the end otherwise it's just money down the drain. Also, as nice as it is in the summer it's better I find to use a tinted moisturizer instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rachellebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation since 2008. It's pretty good, since I've been using it since ever. But, I wanna try a different foundation. This has pretty good coverage, but I wouldn't say it's the best. I'm waiting to run out of my last of this, cause I really wanna try Revlon photo ready to see if it's better for my skin. It's still a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

First of all I just don't like the concept of this product, you shouldn't HAVE to make your own custom shade of foundation, a brand should sell all different shades and you should buy one to suit your skin and that's that. I understand you may tan in the summer; just use bronzer or buy a shade darker.
Even so I gave this foundation the benefit of the doubt and was disappointed. All shades have an orangey tinge which i usually find, and hate, in high street foundations. Also I found the formulation to sit horribly on my skin and look patchy and strange. This problem may be specific to my skin type so I cannot apply this to everybody.
Even so I just find the whole 'turn the dial to the right shade' a bit strange and fiddly, and you can't even tell just by looking at the bottle if the shade will suit you, so presumably you just have to keep turning and pumping until you find the right spot? Too much like hard work if you ask me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No