December 18, 2014 | 1729 users online

Powder - Chanel - Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just to give u a brief background, Im a teacher who lives in the humid city of Singapore. im constantly on the move and im hardly in the air conditioned rooms.

Ive started using this since 2010 and i must say its pretty good although im still on the look out for a better foundation. Here's why:

Pros:
- 2 way cake
- Light to medium coverage depending on whether u wet the sponge or keep it dry
- Natural looking and doesnt look cakey

Cons:
- Expensive
- Coverage lasts for hardly 3 hours (taking into consideration the nature of my job)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesnt work for me at all ( I got oily skin) - coverage are not natural at all, powder staying power is really no good. I give up and gave it away after a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by EllaKarres

Beautiful and easy to use make up! Oddly enough it is best applied with classic foundation brush for a medium coverage. The finish is straightforward mat but makes the skin look as if lit from within. It is pricey but it does stay for up to 9-10 hours with minimum/no touch ups!
The only downside is that it does not come in many shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by searchfarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this powder. For some reason, my face started to get real sensitive beginning this year so I couldn't use vitalumiere aqua foundation anymore. That made me break out for some reason.

But this. this is good! Since I have oily nose, I only need to touch up a tiny bit. It gives me pretty good coverage and I love how my face looks after a few hours of use. I picked a shade lighter because when it oxidises, it looks like my usual skin tone.

Awesome stuff, not to mention the package! Sleek beautiful black compact. Love!

Maybe I'm biased but I feel happy to apply this on my face hahahahah ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kristinrdh

This was sold to me because I told the SA I wanted very light coverage. I told her I usually wear a tinted moisturizer and finish off with pressed powder with a powder brush, not a puff or sponge.

So she sells me this even though I told her I don't use foundation and didn't want to use it. The packaging IS nice but that doesn't make up for the super heavy coverage when using the sponge. So convenience is not a factor here.

When using a brush, it was a bit better lighter but still felt too heavy for me. You could tell I was wearing makeup. I have pretty good skin and haven't gotten breakouts since high school but this broke me out and clogged my pores.

Unless you are used to wearing a ton of makeup/need it for other skin issues, then I would recommend staying away.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I've use this powder since 2005. I go back to it because my skin is ok with it. I do think it can look somewhat cakey when you use it along with the foundation so I use very little amount, and I have changed brushes to a flat top stippling brush. I use it with Mat Lumiere. When I happen to use it just as a mattfying powder it does nothing, I am still oily after 2 hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Beautiful compact and powder gives very nice finish with light/medium coverage. However, my skin got so tight with it on just 20 mins after application. It's just too drying for my oily combination dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by supeya

I love this! This foundation is easy to use, no retouch needed. I have oily T-Zone and it works just perfect for me. It gives me the best and natural coverage I can think of. I even got compliments on my skin where people thought I have nothing on my skin, even makeup artist which I feel is the whole idea of wearing a foundation to look like I have the best skin without wearing anything. The packaging is very stylish with a velvet cover. The only problem with this foundation is that the colors are limited, which limits to a certain number of people. Luckily, they have my shade, soft honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Catdevotee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is more suitable for those with combination skin. For those with oily skin, like me, it's not enough to keep you mattified. I start to get oily after only about 1 hr.

However, it is a great foundation. Medium coverage. It doesn't rub off that much even after I blot my face a few times and the colour (I'm using 60 Secret) really matches my skin tone. Just wished that the mattifying power is stronger.

I've since bought the Mat Lumiere Extreme. Haven't tried it out yet cuz I'm not done with this foundation. But I hope it's much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Hard to find a color match. SA recommended me 40 sable but it was too yellow. 10 was too light 60 was too yellow. Should have bought 50 maybe? But the SA said all the other shades are pink toned. I'm asian, fair-light with slight yellow undertone. Seems like none of the shades suit me. Oil control wise just average. Will not make u oily but will not make u look too matte. But sometimes if u do not apply it properly, it will look a bit cakey. And 1 thing I hate about this is that it transfers like crazy. I put a little on my neck and my collar shirt is stained! Oh did mention theres a comedongenic ingredient in it too? Although it didn't break me out, but might not be suitable for acne prone ppl.