Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica , CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Bis Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Stearate , Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate ( /-)CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides

on 12/5/2012 7:05:00 PM

This is the best powder I have ever tried!! It covers perfect, is natural looking and stays a long time. The packaging is beautiful too. I will never be without this powder, even though it is expensive.

on 11/19/2012 7:38:00 PM

I am a huge fan of the Chanel Luminous Matte powder. It sets my foundation in the most natural and beautiful way.
Love it!!

on 11/1/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just to give u a brief background, Im a teacher who lives in the humid city of Singapore. im constantly on the move and im hardly in the air conditioned rooms.

Ive started using this since 2010 and i must say its pretty good although im still on the look out for a better foundation. Here's why:

Pros:
- 2 way cake
- Light to medium coverage depending on whether u wet the sponge or keep it dry
- Natural looking and doesnt look cakey

Cons:
- Expensive
- Coverage lasts for hardly 3 hours (taking into consideration the nature of my job)

on 10/22/2012 4:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It doesnt work for me at all ( I got oily skin) - coverage are not natural at all, powder staying power is really no good. I give up and gave it away after a week.

on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful and easy to use make up! Oddly enough it is best applied with classic foundation brush for a medium coverage. The finish is straightforward mat but makes the skin look as if lit from within. It is pricey but it does stay for up to 9-10 hours with minimum/no touch ups!
The only downside is that it does not come in many shades!

on 6/26/2012 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. For some reason, my face started to get real sensitive beginning this year so I couldn't use vitalumiere aqua foundation anymore. That made me break out for some reason.

But this. this is good! Since I have oily nose, I only need to touch up a tiny bit. It gives me pretty good coverage and I love how my face looks after a few hours of use. I picked a shade lighter because when it oxidises, it looks like my usual skin tone.

Awesome stuff, not to mention the package! Sleek beautiful black compact. Love!

Maybe I'm biased but I feel happy to apply this on my face hahahahah ;)

on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM

This was sold to me because I told the SA I wanted very light coverage. I told her I usually wear a tinted moisturizer and finish off with pressed powder with a powder brush, not a puff or sponge.

So she sells me this even though I told her I don't use foundation and didn't want to use it. The packaging IS nice but that doesn't make up for the super heavy coverage when using the sponge. So convenience is not a factor here.

When using a brush, it was a bit better lighter but still felt too heavy for me. You could tell I was wearing makeup. I have pretty good skin and haven't gotten breakouts since high school but this broke me out and clogged my pores.

Unless you are used to wearing a ton of makeup/need it for other skin issues, then I would recommend staying away.

I've use this powder since 2005. I go back to it because my skin is ok with it. I do think it can look somewhat cakey when you use it along with the foundation so I use very little amount, and I have changed brushes to a flat top stippling brush. I use it with Mat Lumiere. When I happen to use it just as a mattfying powder it does nothing, I am still oily after 2 hours.

on 4/15/2012 12:15:00 AM

Beautiful compact and powder gives very nice finish with light/medium coverage. However, my skin got so tight with it on just 20 mins after application. It's just too drying for my oily combination dehydrated skin.

on 1/31/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! This foundation is easy to use, no retouch needed. I have oily T-Zone and it works just perfect for me. It gives me the best and natural coverage I can think of. I even got compliments on my skin where people thought I have nothing on my skin, even makeup artist which I feel is the whole idea of wearing a foundation to look like I have the best skin without wearing anything. The packaging is very stylish with a velvet cover. The only problem with this foundation is that the colors are limited, which limits to a certain number of people. Luckily, they have my shade, soft honey.