Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica , CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Bis Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Stearate , Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate ( /-)CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides

on 11/19/2012 7:38:00 PM

I am a huge fan of the Chanel Luminous Matte powder. It sets my foundation in the most natural and beautiful way.
Love it!!

on 11/1/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just to give u a brief background, Im a teacher who lives in the humid city of Singapore. im constantly on the move and im hardly in the air conditioned rooms.

Ive started using this since 2010 and i must say its pretty good although im still on the look out for a better foundation. Here's why:

Pros:
- 2 way cake
- Light to medium coverage depending on whether u wet the sponge or keep it dry
- Natural looking and doesnt look cakey

Cons:
- Expensive
- Coverage lasts for hardly 3 hours (taking into consideration the nature of my job)

on 10/22/2012 4:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It doesnt work for me at all ( I got oily skin) - coverage are not natural at all, powder staying power is really no good. I give up and gave it away after a week.

on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful and easy to use make up! Oddly enough it is best applied with classic foundation brush for a medium coverage. The finish is straightforward mat but makes the skin look as if lit from within. It is pricey but it does stay for up to 9-10 hours with minimum/no touch ups!
The only downside is that it does not come in many shades!

on 6/26/2012 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. For some reason, my face started to get real sensitive beginning this year so I couldn't use vitalumiere aqua foundation anymore. That made me break out for some reason.

But this. this is good! Since I have oily nose, I only need to touch up a tiny bit. It gives me pretty good coverage and I love how my face looks after a few hours of use. I picked a shade lighter because when it oxidises, it looks like my usual skin tone.

Awesome stuff, not to mention the package! Sleek beautiful black compact. Love!

Maybe I'm biased but I feel happy to apply this on my face hahahahah ;)

on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM

This was sold to me because I told the SA I wanted very light coverage. I told her I usually wear a tinted moisturizer and finish off with pressed powder with a powder brush, not a puff or sponge.

So she sells me this even though I told her I don't use foundation and didn't want to use it. The packaging IS nice but that doesn't make up for the super heavy coverage when using the sponge. So convenience is not a factor here.

When using a brush, it was a bit better lighter but still felt too heavy for me. You could tell I was wearing makeup. I have pretty good skin and haven't gotten breakouts since high school but this broke me out and clogged my pores.

Unless you are used to wearing a ton of makeup/need it for other skin issues, then I would recommend staying away.

I've use this powder since 2005. I go back to it because my skin is ok with it. I do think it can look somewhat cakey when you use it along with the foundation so I use very little amount, and I have changed brushes to a flat top stippling brush. I use it with Mat Lumiere. When I happen to use it just as a mattfying powder it does nothing, I am still oily after 2 hours.

on 4/15/2012 12:15:00 AM

Beautiful compact and powder gives very nice finish with light/medium coverage. However, my skin got so tight with it on just 20 mins after application. It's just too drying for my oily combination dehydrated skin.

on 1/31/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! This foundation is easy to use, no retouch needed. I have oily T-Zone and it works just perfect for me. It gives me the best and natural coverage I can think of. I even got compliments on my skin where people thought I have nothing on my skin, even makeup artist which I feel is the whole idea of wearing a foundation to look like I have the best skin without wearing anything. The packaging is very stylish with a velvet cover. The only problem with this foundation is that the colors are limited, which limits to a certain number of people. Luckily, they have my shade, soft honey.

on 12/24/2011 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is more suitable for those with combination skin. For those with oily skin, like me, it's not enough to keep you mattified. I start to get oily after only about 1 hr.

However, it is a great foundation. Medium coverage. It doesn't rub off that much even after I blot my face a few times and the colour (I'm using 60 Secret) really matches my skin tone. Just wished that the mattifying power is stronger.

I've since bought the Mat Lumiere Extreme. Haven't tried it out yet cuz I'm not done with this foundation. But I hope it's much better.