September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Powder - Chanel - Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by EllaKarres

Beautiful and easy to use make up! Oddly enough it is best applied with classic foundation brush for a medium coverage. The finish is straightforward mat but makes the skin look as if lit from within. It is pricey but it does stay for up to 9-10 hours with minimum/no touch ups!
The only downside is that it does not come in many shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by searchfarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this powder. For some reason, my face started to get real sensitive beginning this year so I couldn't use vitalumiere aqua foundation anymore. That made me break out for some reason.

But this. this is good! Since I have oily nose, I only need to touch up a tiny bit. It gives me pretty good coverage and I love how my face looks after a few hours of use. I picked a shade lighter because when it oxidises, it looks like my usual skin tone.

Awesome stuff, not to mention the package! Sleek beautiful black compact. Love!

Maybe I'm biased but I feel happy to apply this on my face hahahahah ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kristinrdh

This was sold to me because I told the SA I wanted very light coverage. I told her I usually wear a tinted moisturizer and finish off with pressed powder with a powder brush, not a puff or sponge.

So she sells me this even though I told her I don't use foundation and didn't want to use it. The packaging IS nice but that doesn't make up for the super heavy coverage when using the sponge. So convenience is not a factor here.

When using a brush, it was a bit better lighter but still felt too heavy for me. You could tell I was wearing makeup. I have pretty good skin and haven't gotten breakouts since high school but this broke me out and clogged my pores.

Unless you are used to wearing a ton of makeup/need it for other skin issues, then I would recommend staying away.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I've use this powder since 2005. I go back to it because my skin is ok with it. I do think it can look somewhat cakey when you use it along with the foundation so I use very little amount, and I have changed brushes to a flat top stippling brush. I use it with Mat Lumiere. When I happen to use it just as a mattfying powder it does nothing, I am still oily after 2 hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Beautiful compact and powder gives very nice finish with light/medium coverage. However, my skin got so tight with it on just 20 mins after application. It's just too drying for my oily combination dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by supeya

I love this! This foundation is easy to use, no retouch needed. I have oily T-Zone and it works just perfect for me. It gives me the best and natural coverage I can think of. I even got compliments on my skin where people thought I have nothing on my skin, even makeup artist which I feel is the whole idea of wearing a foundation to look like I have the best skin without wearing anything. The packaging is very stylish with a velvet cover. The only problem with this foundation is that the colors are limited, which limits to a certain number of people. Luckily, they have my shade, soft honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Catdevotee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is more suitable for those with combination skin. For those with oily skin, like me, it's not enough to keep you mattified. I start to get oily after only about 1 hr.

However, it is a great foundation. Medium coverage. It doesn't rub off that much even after I blot my face a few times and the colour (I'm using 60 Secret) really matches my skin tone. Just wished that the mattifying power is stronger.

I've since bought the Mat Lumiere Extreme. Haven't tried it out yet cuz I'm not done with this foundation. But I hope it's much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Hard to find a color match. SA recommended me 40 sable but it was too yellow. 10 was too light 60 was too yellow. Should have bought 50 maybe? But the SA said all the other shades are pink toned. I'm asian, fair-light with slight yellow undertone. Seems like none of the shades suit me. Oil control wise just average. Will not make u oily but will not make u look too matte. But sometimes if u do not apply it properly, it will look a bit cakey. And 1 thing I hate about this is that it transfers like crazy. I put a little on my neck and my collar shirt is stained! Oh did mention theres a comedongenic ingredient in it too? Although it didn't break me out, but might not be suitable for acne prone ppl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: Asian NC 20/25, sensitive, dry, clog prone.

I love this for touchups throughout the day as I am a packaging hoor and this sleek compact is nice to pull out with its good sized mirror and actually usable sponge. The powder itself is quite nice but nothing special imo. It is a decent shade for me and gives light coverage which is fine for me as I don't need much. It gives a nice soft focus effect at first which wears away quickly after a few hours which is strange for me because most powders adhere very well to my dry skin even in Los Angeles heat. The need to constantly retouch throughout the day is a bit inconvenient for me and since this powder I have found MAC studio careblend powder which is so much better for me, lasts much longer on me skin, and gives a bit of that soft focus effect as well. However, this does look quite natural even with constant touchups. Would I repurchase? I put no as I feel that this powder is not very good quality for what I have come to expect with Chanel but I just may just to have this pretty compact on hand to whip out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cecilija

I have been using Mat Lumiere compact for a long time now (this might me third or fourth refill) in 10 Lumiere. During the year, I use it on top of Mac Studio FX foundation (during winter months & when going out), on its own (warmer weather) and for touch-ups during the day.

I think I keep repurchasing for the combination of GREAT packaging, solid quality and because it usually gives a good balance for my mixed skin: it is not dull, as many mat powders can be on the skin and for most of the time provides the nice, glowy-mat appearance its name promises. Used on its own, it has medium coverage and I am usually happy with the slight soft-focus effect it leaves on the skin.

However, it not a perfect compact for the summer, at least for me. My T zone becomes oily very soon after the application (in spite of using matifying base underneath it) and I need repeated touch-ups on and on during the day.

So, I am now looking for something else to get me through the summer heat, but will probably get back to it in autumn.
This probably isn't the best compact for me out there, but I still haven't found the better one.