October 21, 2014 | 1114 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this cos i needed a good blusher brush,did my research and this nars brush seemed to have all the rave reviews.For me its a crappy brush,its scratchy,feels too light and mine shreds everywash,for the price i expected a lot more,my elf studio brushes are heaps better and cost peanuts.dont fall the hype that surrounds this brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is perfectly tapered and shaped. It picks up just the right amount of product, and its tapered bristles allow the product to diffuse beautifully onto the skin. Really, its effect is mind-blowing. It gives that lit-from-within glow, making the over-all-look ethereal and healthy. Also, I can use the most pigmented blush, and still not look like a clown.

Full review and pics here: http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/2013/09/nars-yachiyo-kabuki-brush.html

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if mine is a dud, but I absolutely HATE this brush. I bought this directly from NARS so I know its not a fake. First a minor thing - it is very unevenly cut, mine is very lopsided. But bigger no-nos...the bristles are very scratchy and probably the worst thing about it....it SHEDS like a mother. I've washed it dozens of times and it still leaves tiny hairs on my face when I apply blush! Application wise there were no real issues, it applies & blends colors out fine but my hakuhodo brush (not hakuhodo's yachiyo, but the J210) does a MUCH better job and doesn't make me feel like I'm applying blush w/ a tiny broom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

Forget cheap ebay fakes, get the real deal! It is truly excellent quality, I bought mine a three years ago, and it is still in the same condition! It never sheds, the perfect shape picks up the perfect amount of products, and blends beautifully. Of coure it doesn't hurt if you can already blend products nicely but for beginners like me this is a MUST HAVE, believe me, it'll make go things easy.
The price is crazy, but it is worth it.

Oh and I agree with some, sometimes it is scratchy. Why? It all depends on what/how do you wash it. Be gentle, don't use harsh soaps. A small amount (really small) conditioner wouldn't hurt either. Your water may be too hard - try filtered water. Since I fixed these problems this is my softest brush ever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been meaning to review this brush for a while now. It's taken a bit of time for me to learn exactly how to use it but now I know there's really nothing else like it out there. This brush is meant to be used very delicately, to pick up the barest bit of color from darker bronzers or blushes that you thought you couldn't possibly use. I'm currently using it with Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Bikini Contest plus NYX powder blush in Desert Rose. Without the NARS 27 I would never have chosen such dark (for me) colors. (For the record, I'm MAC NC20.) But I use the 27 to lightly pick up color and apply, then blend, blend, blend with a clean brush--either the ELF Complexion or EcoTools Bronzer. Or both, if I need more blending. But it's the NARS 27 that allows me to experiment with darker, more dramatic colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by monpetitchou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure about this at first, it felt scratchy and it didn't really seem puffy all around. Then I washed it. And then I washed it again. And now it is the SOFTEST brush ever. It is absolutely amazing at applying blush evenly and well blended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I resisted buying this for so long, since at �37.50 it is so expensive. I finally gave in and HAS NO ONE NOTICED HOW DAMN SCRATCHY THIS BRUSH IS????!!
I honestly cannot give it more than 1 lippie for this reason. It genuinely hurts and irritates my skin because of how coarse the hairs are. How can this be the case with the extreme price tag? I don't understand.
The shape and size is absolutely perfect but after a few attempts it's been left unused in my brush holder. I wish we had good returns policies like in the US, then I'd return this in a second.
My cheapie �3.50 ELF brushes, at less than 10 times the cost, are 10 times soften!
I orderded this online, so I recommend if you really want to buy it, please go and have a feel in an actual shop before splurging!
EDIT Aug 2013: I have since swapped my original brush, but then got a new one in a different swap since I wanted to give it another go. Result? The second one of these brushes I have owned is just as scratchy. I am terribly disappointed and would not recommend this brush to anyone.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This the first high-end brush I ever bought..
Yes it hurt to pay so much for a brush.

But I've found the results with this brush are so perfect, so subtle, so...blush.
I use it on a daily basis and it would take a great deal to convince there's a better option out there!

I've had NO problem with hair fallout whatsoever and adore the slim handle.
I've used it with highly pigmented blushes and more subtle one.
Fabulous results both ways.

As far as I'm concerned it's a must-have brush for makeup lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jessica100x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best blusher brush I have used. I have a bazzilion. This is just amazing.the tapered hairs make it glide on beautifully at the right angle and give you the perfect intensity of colour. Sometimes application of blush can be slightly unbalanced, one cheek brighter than the other, one cheek higher than the other, patchiness and so on, once this happens it's hard for your make to look immaculate and even.this does all the work for you 100 percent. Worth the price, in fact I would pay more for it. Love the way it looks as well, very unique and sophisticated.i have never had problems with the hairs falling out

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by eshewmaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a bit hesitant to buy this brush because it was so expensive, but I love the classic NARS soft blush look and I knew this was the only way to get it.

First, I agree with the reviews that complain about the shedding. For that reason I give it 4 lippies instead of 5 lippies.

When I first used it, I found it picked up a lot of product and I was never able to get that soft cloud NARS blush look. Then I deep cleaned the brush with baby shampoo and voila! Even Exhibit A goes on subtly and easily!