October 31, 2014 | 1514 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite eye makeup remover. Nothing is as gentle, as cheap, as effective as this. It does not irritate my eyes (for now) and even extra virgin olive oil was too harsh. I want to try coconut oil, but for now, and for the last 5-6 years, nothing else works as well. I tried The Body Shop camomile eye makeup remover, and it didn't get all the product off but it feels cool and nice. So what I do now, simply because I have a bottle of it, is use baby oil first for my eye makeup, then use Body Shop's makeup remover on top of it to get the remaining product out and also for the coolness the camomile provides. You know the saying why fix it if it's not broken? Well, for me, this baby (oil) is a staple that works perfectly and is available everywhere AND is cost effective. I don't need to look anywhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by AshleyPozniak96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best product I've ever used to remove eye makeup. It is so gentle and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It does a great job at removing my waterproof mascara which can be a serious pain to get off. This product is super cheap and is available anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't even imagine how many times I've purchased this over the years. I've been using it to remove eye makeup since high school, and it's still the best. I've used products formulated to remove eye makeup, from cheap drugstore stuff to high end brands, and none of them work as well, or are as gentle, as this. I put a little on a tissue, hold it over my eye for a second or two, and everything wipes off, even the most long lasting eyeliner and mascara! Many eye makeup removers also sting my eyes, but not this. A huge bottle is dirt cheap, easy to find everywhere, and can be used for other things (I've used it as an all over makeup remover in a pinch, as a body moisturizer, and as a massage oil) It does leave a residue but I always wash my face after removing my makeup anyways. As far as my whole face, I do prefer cleansing oils that emulsify and rinse clean, but for eye makeup remover, this is and always will be my number one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very versatile as a body oil (for adults or babies), temporary tattoo remover, m/u remover, lubricant, tetc. Inexpensive and easy to procure. It's been around for decades. Can be comedogenic - so be careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by 1m083n

This may work for others, but after trying it, it firstly did not moisturise my skin at all, it just left a film and made my skin underneath look tired and unhappy. Yes, i applied it immediately after the shower.
It also, which i know is impossible because mineral oil scores a 0 on the comedogenic list (i have some issues with that list, just want to call that scientists are WRONG), but i tried this really fairly for a week and had bad breakouts. My friend who used this for 3 months now has cystic acne...just a word of warning, because it may "seal" in moisture, but use lanolin or something.
This hasn't gone to complete waste, in my fury at all wax strip companys where they never give you enough oil sheets to remove the excess sticky horrible wax from your body - baby oil comes to the rescue and removes it perfectly! So, money not wasted and something i'm sure will last me now a decade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I use it on my legs/body after I shower, and it keeps me from turning into a peeling mass of skin in the winter! :) Really works well in locking moisture into your skin, moreso than any other lotions. Coconut oil doesn't even compare, and I used that for months before this (sorry coconut fans). I am not into the scent, but I can never find an unscented version. Guess I should just buy plain ol' mineral oil in the pharmacy hah~ Get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using the J&J Baby Oil with shea butter and cocoa butter about a month ago and I really like it! After the shower when I'm still damp I rub it all over my body to lock moisture in. It's worked great for my dry, itchy legs. I had red spots on my legs from itching too much and they've almost completely disappeared! I love that there are minimal ingredients. The faint smell is nice. It absorbes quickly and doesn't leave me feeling oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to start off by saying if you are sensitive to fragrance, then this is not the product for you. You need to find a product that is 100% pure mineral oil. You can find this on iHerb or amazon listed as snow river wood oil. Allot of people are saying that using baby oil has clogged your pores, that's not true baby oil cant clog your pores because the molecules are too large. If you break out after using baby oil then its likely because of the added fragrance. Anyway lets talk about what this does for your face and how to use it. What I do is I take a damp hot washcloth and dab my skin with it to open up my pores and then I pat my face dry, then I put this on my face and let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then GENTLY massage all over my face. Then I wipe it off with a cotton pad and wash my face with a gentle cleanser, you would not believe how much dirt will come off your skin and it moisturizes as well. Its also good for other parts of your body like your back or using it to shave. So if your skin isn't affected by fragrance then I would definitely suggest this, I personally love it. If your not sure then do a patch test before applying it to your whole face.
P.S. No it does not cause cancer and it is non-comedogenic!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use anything else to remove my make-up, it's the best. Also, put all over your body while slightly damp after the shower and nothing on earth is a better moisturizer. Ppl for years have commented on how soft my skin is (used in conjunction with 5,000mg Tonalin Cla daily) and baby oil (and no tanning) is why.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by BlueMangoBlues

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never form a reaction to anything-EVER. So when I used this for the first time on my arms and legs and ended up with burning, dry skin and bumps on my face, I really panicked. It was really uncomfortable and I looked as though I'd been attacked my bees. My acne scars were red and flaming and I looked awful.
Not happy.