July 30, 2014 | 2111 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very versatile as a body oil (for adults or babies), temporary tattoo remover, m/u remover, lubricant, tetc. Inexpensive and easy to procure. It's been around for decades. Can be comedogenic - so be careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by 1m083n

This may work for others, but after trying it, it firstly did not moisturise my skin at all, it just left a film and made my skin underneath look tired and unhappy. Yes, i applied it immediately after the shower.
It also, which i know is impossible because mineral oil scores a 0 on the comedogenic list (i have some issues with that list, just want to call that scientists are WRONG), but i tried this really fairly for a week and had bad breakouts. My friend who used this for 3 months now has cystic acne...just a word of warning, because it may "seal" in moisture, but use lanolin or something.
This hasn't gone to complete waste, in my fury at all wax strip companys where they never give you enough oil sheets to remove the excess sticky horrible wax from your body - baby oil comes to the rescue and removes it perfectly! So, money not wasted and something i'm sure will last me now a decade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I use it on my legs/body after I shower, and it keeps me from turning into a peeling mass of skin in the winter! :) Really works well in locking moisture into your skin, moreso than any other lotions. Coconut oil doesn't even compare, and I used that for months before this (sorry coconut fans). I am not into the scent, but I can never find an unscented version. Guess I should just buy plain ol' mineral oil in the pharmacy hah~ Get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using the J&J Baby Oil with shea butter and cocoa butter about a month ago and I really like it! After the shower when I'm still damp I rub it all over my body to lock moisture in. It's worked great for my dry, itchy legs. I had red spots on my legs from itching too much and they've almost completely disappeared! I love that there are minimal ingredients. The faint smell is nice. It absorbes quickly and doesn't leave me feeling oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to start off by saying if you are sensitive to fragrance, then this is not the product for you. You need to find a product that is 100% pure mineral oil. You can find this on iHerb or amazon listed as snow river wood oil. Allot of people are saying that using baby oil has clogged your pores, that's not true baby oil cant clog your pores because the molecules are too large. If you break out after using baby oil then its likely because of the added fragrance. Anyway lets talk about what this does for your face and how to use it. What I do is I take a damp hot washcloth and dab my skin with it to open up my pores and then I pat my face dry, then I put this on my face and let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then GENTLY massage all over my face. Then I wipe it off with a cotton pad and wash my face with a gentle cleanser, you would not believe how much dirt will come off your skin and it moisturizes as well. Its also good for other parts of your body like your back or using it to shave. So if your skin isn't affected by fragrance then I would definitely suggest this, I personally love it. If your not sure then do a patch test before applying it to your whole face.
P.S. No it does not cause cancer and it is non-comedogenic!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use anything else to remove my make-up, it's the best. Also, put all over your body while slightly damp after the shower and nothing on earth is a better moisturizer. Ppl for years have commented on how soft my skin is (used in conjunction with 5,000mg Tonalin Cla daily) and baby oil (and no tanning) is why.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by BlueMangoBlues

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never form a reaction to anything-EVER. So when I used this for the first time on my arms and legs and ended up with burning, dry skin and bumps on my face, I really panicked. It was really uncomfortable and I looked as though I'd been attacked my bees. My acne scars were red and flaming and I looked awful.
Not happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing this as a make up remover, this destroyed my skin i was covered in clogged pores. If you are someone who is prone to clogged pores i would stay well away from this and any other products containing Mineral oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say that hasn't already been said??

Amazing at removing your makeup. Works wonders on my waterproof mascara, and "tough" foundations! It's great as a body moisturizer after you step out of the shower. I haven't used it as a shaving oil, but I will try that soon.

This is a great product, and extremely versatile! There are many different formulas with different scents, so there is something for everyone. I use the standard original. But thinking about getting the lavender one next time.

**-UPDATE-**

I used this to shave my legs just now, and it's amazing!! I had to stop in the middle to update this!! I have never had such a close shave! My leg is so soft and smooth! I will never buy shaving cream again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best. Makeup remover. Ever. Also cheap as dirt. I love the new packaging on baby oils (at least the off brand that I use and that my gram uses)...it has a seal with a little hole so you don't make a mess with the stuff. Perfect.

I forgot my makeup remover and my gram had some baby oil...I tried it and never went back. I'll save the remover pads for travelling (less mess) and stick with this for every day. I can get a huge bottle of it for less than $3 and a bag of cotton balls for less than $1...and it works better than the $6+ makeup remover!!! Also far less irritating than the makeup remover.

I haven't tried it for anything else but I'm sure now that I have it, I will.