DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

Works so good, you can really feel your lips plumping. Smells wonderful as well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this years ago when this was new and all the makeup magazines advertised it. I bought it on a shopping trip. It works by irritating the lips and boy did it irritate mine. I don't remember it plumping up my lips much. It just made them feel burned, irritated and left them red.

Of course the creators don't cover up that this product is an irritant. You know it is when you buy it, but you buy it anyways because you want your lips too look like they alone are experiencing anaphylactic shock.

Then you use the product for a week and the hype goes away because your lips don't look like Angelina Julie's..... and they hurt.

My suggestion is to try lip plumpers that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps your body absorb and retain moisture. I haven't gotten to try one yet, but they sound gentler and more promising.

This wasn't great. It's supposed to be a lip plumper, but when I tried it I just thought it was a tingly gloss. This didn't plump my lips at all, and the scent was a bit off-putting for me. I think there were two versions (gold and silver), I got got gold one, and I didn't much care for the gold flecks in the product. I did not finish this tube, nor will I buy another one. It would be good if you like a ton of gloss, because this stuff is thick and very glossy. Take care everyone! :-)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This lip gloss is extremely small for the price. I liked the name, and they said they were the original lip plumper so I decided to give it a shot. Big mistake. The lip gloss container is way too small. It smells like cinnamon, which is nice, but it burns and stings, and for all of that, it needed to do more plumping. It makes your lips look bigger, because its a high shine gloss, but not actually because the plumper was working

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yes, it gives some sort of tingling feeling on your lips, but I didn't really see the difference in my lips. It just tingled..
And for the amount of product you get the price is ridicules. It's super small - I thought it would be a normal sized lipgloss. Boy, I was wrong...
I wouldn't rebuy this at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a long time back and wasn't that impressed. The stinging was too intense for me and seemed to last for awhile before it made my lips red. They did plump or swell is a better word. I didn't particularly like it though. It was an ok product but nothing I repurchased or would. It's fairly overpriced for basically a menthol stick of gloss.

Not a fan of menthol based lippies and this one turned me off for life. At first I liked the trendy name, the funky packaging and the cool tingly sensation on my lips. But after a while I just wanted it to do what other lippies should and that is to moisturize my lips, plump them as advertised and give me colour payoff - none of which Lip Venom could achieve.

Plumps lips up a bit but did not do anything drastic. Great looking product, packaging is very attractive, but price is a bit steep.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is sooo greasy and stings. Plus the tube leaks all over the place, and the gloss dribbles out when I close it. Even more grossness.

It doesn't do anything but sit there and burn. I know its popular and was featured in all sorts of magazines but personally I find the texture too sticky and slick. If you apply anything underneath or on top it also becomes a sticky goopy mess. When worn alone this is the type of cr*p that will cling mercilessly to your hair and gunk up your hair, and ruin that too. The problems this causes extend beyond the border of your lips. Not only did it irritate my lips, but the skin around it too, which became red and itchy.

If it at least did something I would rate it higher but no. . . just no! Too gross. Can't stand the feel, burn or taste. Plus what if you kiss someone? Their lips would get sticky and gross too! ugh waste of money sadly. I don't even want to throw it in to the garbage because god forbid a raccoon or some other poor little animals go picking in there and get this on themselves. This is another reason to avoid products touted by any magazines.

Didn't work at all as a plumper and really just irritated the hell out out of my lips!! It is so inexpensive that I would recommend giving a try I would have to recommend but it was so bad I can't. Stay away!

Recommended for Medium Skin