March 3, 2015 | 1163 users online

Shampoo - Shiseido - Tsubaki Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Uglydoll

I have used this product for a few years and then strayed away to try other new products. I am now coming back to the Tsubaki line again because I miss how well it works and how nice it smells! I have Asian hair so it works very well for me and makes my hair feel soft and glossy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

This is a review for the white set. While I love the scent of it and I don't seem to have too many issues with the shampoo, the conditioner is horrid! It left my hair in a greasy gunk and I could not wash it off despite rinsing it with shampoo numerous times. My hair was limp and it looked as though I didn't wash my hair for weeks. It's going to take a while for me to get this stupid gunk out. Even my hair dresser was horrified when I went in for a haircut. Don't get sucked in thinking it would be another good product from Shiseido like I did. Save your money. My Dove shampoo and conditioner works a lot better than this for a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The scent is lovely and it doesn't make your hair squeky clean. All in all i liked this really much and it worked well on me but it causes dandruff. So i can't use it too many times in a row. It's really annoying because now it takes forever to use it. I don't find this shampoo in any way unique and there are a lot of other great shampoos so you don't lose anything if you don't try this out. But it's a great shampoo allright.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JPLON

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why people are hating on this product so much! It seems to work wonderfully for me! The awesome thing is that it really cleans my hair and scalp without ever drying out my hair at the roots, and it also brings in a great shine to my hair as well.

Now, I bought this while I was in Japan visiting my family and I thought "What they hey? People said that this product is so bad, I will have to try it out myself."

So I bought it, and it was very affordable. It was only about $3 Canadian for the small non-pump bottle, and and about $7-8 Canadian, and they had the 2 big pump bottles for $8! But I didn't buy that since I wanted to try out this product first to see if it actually works on my hair.

I love this shampoo a lot, along with the matching conditioner! It makes my hair so shiny it's unimaginable, and the only downside is that you have to change up your shampoos every now and then because your hair can get "used" to the product since this product will build up on your hair after a while, and styling it does take longer.

I really do recommend this product to people who want to have lots of shine and don't mind it weighing down your hair. I know people like Mszjackiechu on YouTube said that it felt like pomade on her hair, but to me it doesn't feel like I had put pomade on my hair. I really love this shampoo, and conditioner as well.

I will have to look for this online on Ebay or something because if I go to the Chinese supermarket in Toronto, it's $15 for just one bottle! Blargh! Too much for just the 550 ml of shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner duo. I love the scent and how it doesn't leave a residue in my hair. It cleans very well and leaves my hair soft, silky, and shiny. The only thing I do not like about this product is the packaging. It has a pump which is ok for when I am at home and leave it in my shower. But it is not convenient for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by savmeadows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is mid wavy to curly and very dry and thin as well. I have tried all kinds of expensive shampooes out there and really nothing has made my hair feel the way Tsubaki shampoo has. I can't really afford to use those harsh chemicals on my hair, I have in the past tried diff kinds of shampooes only to have my hair turn into a frizz ball. This shampoo however brought back life to my hair, softens it and makes it more manageable, love the smell too. I am currently using both the shampoo and the conditioner. The conditioner does not weigh my hair down and it makes my hair smooth and easier to dry :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Similarly to other reviews, this shampoo dried out my hair terribly. And yep, I am Asian. I would not recommend this shampoo for anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

*Sigh*.

I wanted to like this. I was so excited to try this product out as I love Shiseido. I have naturally silky hair. I've found shampoos like pert plus make my hair super shiny. I was curious to see how much better this shampoo would make my hair and was shocked by how horrible it was.

My hair feels straw like, my scalp is flaky. I usually can run my fingers through my hair easily, but not this time. I don't really understand why this is when others have no problems. I guess I am an anomaly.

It might work out for you..(hey, alot of reviews are positive).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using mainly drugstore brand shampoos. However, my hair hasn't been looking it's best. I've been thinking of spending a bit more money and purchasing some salon brands however I decided to repurchase the Tsubaki line again.
I first used this product when I was living in Japan. This has got to be my favourite Japanese shampoo and conditioner. I've only ever tried the red version, as my hair is not dry, or colour treated. I have very thick Asian hair, and a lot of it! I have been using Pantene for years, but once I moved to Japan I thought I'd try out the local brands. This product has a beautiful scent, and it just leaves my hair nice and glossy and gives it a lot more volume. My hair is left silky to touch after I use it and gives it more life.
I haven't been using it in the last few years as it is hard to get a hold of outside of Japan without paying a lot of money, but I just recently purchased it off ebay again. And after the first use in 2 years, I am still getting the same results. I think this will work great with people who have thicker hair. Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this shampoo so badly! I have typical Asian hair, and I thought that this being an Asian shampoo and all, it would enhance my hair with shine and softness ... but it just didn't! I have pretty low maintenance hair and almost all the shampoos that I've tried in my life, from drugstore brands to high end brands, give my hair the same result. So I was surprised when this shampoo actually made my hair a little dry. The smell is phenomenal, yet light enough that it won't take away from any perfume you wear, and I do love its runnier texture. I'm just disappointed that it didn't work well with my hair.