September 2, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by chocospark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually loved this product. I got it as a present from my small cousin. My skin is kind off oily, so I started using it once a week with my regular st. Ives exfoliating cream, the first 2 weeks my skin got really dry and I started getting small pimples(break outs), but then they went away and althought my skin is not "normal", it's not as oily as before. I don't recommend this if you plan to get a perfect skin by just exfoliating it.... Skin is very important and you have to fully take care of it. I lost this product in one of my lugagges, and I don't live in the U.S anymore, so I'M ALMOST DYING cause I can't find it where I'm living now. But whenever I get a chance I'll repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Kind of gimmicky... Didn't do anything for my skin or pores. I tried all of the kinds of pads they have available, but I didn't see any difference in any of them. This is one of those things that I extremely regret buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this several years ago. I still use it because I have the pads still.
It's and okay product. The pads are so small. They're just a little bigger than a quarter.
It gets the dead skin of my face but it doesn't help my acne or hurt it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for exfoliating but I would not use this product everyday as it dries out my skin when I do. The cleansing pads have caused my skin to break out more than normal but I think it has more to do with y skin than the product. Other have mentioned using a clean cotton pad and their own product and I'm excited to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by arrianuts

I bought this product from Target about three weeks ago since it was on sale at 6 dollars. This was the very first product of this sort that I ever had so I was kind of excited to try it out. It comes with a pack of refill pads--each pad already has cleanser on it. It says on the label that the refills are also available in a variety of options but the only one that's available at Target was the Original Foaming pads (same refill that comes with the Wave set) so I haven't gotten to try the other ones yet.

The Wave is a handy little tool, very easy to use, and it also looks stylish (hey, that matters too, you know). It's supposed to be waterproof but I am not taking chances here because the battery cover doesn't look watertight to me. It's also very easy to clean it up after use. Just take the disc that holds the refill pads off, remove the pads, rinse the disc with water, and snap it back on. All in all, in terms if design, I give it two thumbs-up.

I began using it at night, before I go to bed. I wash my face with lukewarm water and then use the Wave to get rid of whatever dirt and oil that accumulated on my face althroughout the day. I read in previous reviews that instead of using the refill pads that come with the Wave, others use a clean cotton pad and use their own choice of cleanser to do the job. In my case though, I decided to stick with the Wave refill pads. Although my skin easily breaks out if I use the wrong cleanser, this was not the case with the Wave refill pads so I guess there's no need for me to use a different cleanser with the device.

I'm not really sure what the vibration is doing on my skin but after using it the first time, my face felt very smooth right away! It felt a bit tight but in general, my skin felt pretty amazing. I was very pleased with the results so I decided to use it every night. However, after using it for three consecutive nights, my face began flaking on the cheeks and around my lips. My skin still felt smooth on the parts of my face that aren't flaky but I think using it every night can be too harsh on the skin so I decided to use it every other night which immediately solved the flaking problem.

I've been using it for three weeks now and I am very pleased with the results. My face is much smoother now and it even helped clear some of my acne out. It's a must-try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maggiexox

I love my Neutrogena Wave! I use this every day in the shower, and it does wonders for my skin. My face feels incredibly soft afterwards, and I love the glowing look my skin has after using this. A few things to note however; it is very, VERY drying, so you MUST use a facial moisturizer immediately after using this product. This is something I don't mind at all, because I do it anyways and the package instructions include a reminder to moisturize after use. Also, you must remove your makeup before using this product!! I made the mistake once, believing that the Wave would magically clean every bit of dirt and makeup off my face, but the pad gets extremely clogged after about 2 seconds on a heavily made-up face. It is NOT a replacement for a makeup remover or facial wash. I use the Wave after using my Body Shop Seaweed Facial Wash, and there is no makeup residue left on the pad.
This product is amazing for acne as well. Whenever I start to get a zit, I remove my makeup, use the deep cleaning pad on the Wave, then use the orange exfoliating pad on the Wave right after. The next morning I can see and feel the zit clearing up. This product is awesome in so many ways!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

When this product first came out I was always reluctant to pick up but then the other day it was on sale at target for $5.00 so I thought why not? I LOVE this thing!! It cleans my skin sooo well and my face feels so smooth afterwards. I have very oilly and acne prone skin so I thought it might be a bit harsh for my skin but its actually helped clear and prevent my acne, which makes sense because it cleans deep into your pores and takes alot more bacteria and dirt off your skin that normal cleansing would. So overall I am in love with this:D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Felicia7

I love this thing! It feels so nice on my skin and really cleans your pores. When you're done with it your skin feels SO AMAZINGLY SOFT!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by smansoor34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I don't have the rotating Neutorgena wave system but I have the one that vibrates and I really like it. This was my first time getting any type of 'cleanser' system and with the price deduction that I received at Target I would say that it was a good investment for me! My system came with 40 deep clean foaming pads and the 'Wave' machine itself. I've been using it every other day and feel really confident about the product. One scary thing though is that when I start to clean my face, my skin begins to feel REALLY cold. It's literally a chilling sensation but afterwards when I wash my skin the feeling goes away and my skin is left feeling really soft and smooth. I think my pores have minimized but I don't believe that the Wave is the only thing that helped me achieve this, I've been using a couple of other products so I can't say for sure. Overall, it's a great product especially at the price that I bought it for.

**UPDATE** This product is absolutely horrible! Don't buy this at all, I only used it two more times after writing my review and it stopped working! I changed the batteries and even cleaned out the battery pocket but it's not working anymore. Don't waste your valuable money on this machine, get something at a higher price at least it won't fail on you after using it two times...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm pretty sure this isn't discontinued because I still see it, the Duo, and the refill pads in stores in NYC. My sister bought one years ago and abandoned it after she lost interest shortly after so I adopted it and finished her box of refills (I think they were the standard ones). I recall having some skin troubles at the time that mostly cleared up, but after finishing the box of pads I didn't want to buy any more and into a junk box it went. Well, recently I've been breaking out and I think it has to do with the fact that I'm not getting a complete enough clean with just my hands, but cleansers with beads are too rough for me. Same with exfoliating cloths. I imagine the Clarisonic is a bad idea right now since I'm using an AHA gel. Then I remembered this thing. Instead of buying pads I bought cotton Swisspers and put my regular Avene cleanser on it, or Cetaphil, or whatever I am using lately. First I use makeup remover to get off most of it. I apply the cleanser in a thin film on my face too. Then I get to work. Finish with AHA gel or drying cream on any raised pimples and done. What a difference! I'm convinced the vibration is getting stuff out that normally stays gunked in my pores since I mainly see skin plugs and filaments before a full-blown pimple appears. I usually have combo skin but lately it didn't know what it was- it was all dry, it was all oily, it was just bad. Now it seems to be recalibrating itself and producing normal amounts of oil, probably because it can breath again. Since I have to use less makeup the results are speeding along. I like this thing but based on reviews I never submerged it in water and I wouldn't say that's a good idea since people say that broke theirs. The pads are a waste, and any cleanser that is meant to foam will dry you out, something you don't want when you're deep cleaning. Sometimes I switch out the Swissper for a cellulose sponge if I want to exfoliate, but then I don't use the AHA for a few days.