Kevyn Aucoin Book- Face Forward

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just put "yes" in the 'would you buy this again' box, just because I love this book so much. Making Faces is a bit better, but this is great when in an insprational drout! If you don't have this yet - get it.

on 7/9/2009 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

A must-have for makeup junkies. Actually, all of his books are must-haves.

on 6/30/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

What a unique book!
I honestly didn't even bother reading much, I was too interested in the
It was so much fun trying to guess the celebs as other celebs in the 'Dimensions' section, such as Martha Stewart as Veronica Lake, Calista Flockhart as Audrey Hepburn, Gwyneth Paltrow as James Dean, Winona Ryder as Elizabeth Taylor and Alex Peruzzi as Linda Evangelista!...WOW (continue for picture).

And thank god the make up was so much better in this book than in 'Making Faces'...yuk!
(still too much hard lip liner though)
Also, I love how it explained how to apply make up on a don't see that too often.
(Copyright 2000)

continued >>

on 8/26/2008 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this book. but i do prefer Making Faces to this one. but still a great read.

on 4/5/2008 12:58:00 PM

Kevyn (RIP) is a legend, and rightly so. He made up "ordinary" faces to be phenomenal. Of all the makeup artists, past and present, he is the one I'd choose.... if I could have anyone do my face.

This book takes us from the ridiculous to the sublime, all in a very amazing way. A must-have, I'd guess, for anyone on this site!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This book was awesome. Kevyn exposed me to a variety of looks and ideas for my own style. Amazing pictures as well. Pick this one up if you get a chance.

on 10/3/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I like Making Faces better for tips and everyday looks. However, this book is great as well. A lot of interesting, dramatic looks, and the transformations are incredible, Kevyn was such an amazing, inspiring artist, we're so lucky to have him share his life, career, and thoughts about makeup with us through his books. Beauty will never be the same without him.

on 1/10/2007 12:20:00 AM

I REALLY enjoyed this book. I did not learn alot of new makeup tips but I sure did enjoy the pictures and comments ! Gave the book away but would love to see it again.

on 6/12/2006 9:44:00 PM

Kevyn Aucoin was a makeup genius. pure and simple. i have this book and Making Faces and am absolutely amazed by his talent and his kind heart. he is the only person who can make Martha Steward look like Veronica Lake (if you don't know what i'm talking about, get the book and see).

on 6/6/2006 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In the reviews of KA's books, both here and on Amazon, I have seen many complaints about a lack of mention of specific products recommended by KA.

This list was on

Six Essential Items For Every Woman -
Kevyn is one of the most talented makeup artists in the world, so we were curious to know what the expert suggests. Here's his list: 1)Shu Uemura eyelash curler; 2) Philosophy Supernatural Liquid Blush; 3)Tweezerman Slant Tweezers; 4)Fresh lipstick in Cranberry Lemonade; 5)Shu Uemura Black Mascara; 6)Anna Sui eyeliner.

Top Rated CD/Books/Movies