December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Aloe Protective Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by x3helen3x

I've read all of the reviews about this product and i don't know why everyone doesn't really like it. I love this product! It's the first serum i've bought and enjoyed using!
Pros: Moisturizes very well.
:Makes my skin really soft
:Can just use this as my day moisturizes
Cons: Smells kinda weird -.-
I think im going to buy this again unless i can find another one :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I don't really know why I bought this product? My deep seeded need to try and test new products? Anyway, I don't really understand this product. It's meant to be a pre-moisturiser? So your meant to cleanse, tone, then put this serum on THEN a moisturiser? It feels like too many steps to me.

I prefer a good toner before a moisturiser anyway. This is a very simple serum, it sinks into the skin really well. It doesn't offer any moisture at all. This is a bit of a nothing product for me. It made no difference to the look or feel of my skin at all. So I don't use it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kemingj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: no harsh ingredients, skin feels calm, supple and moisturized after immediate application.

Cons: moisturizing effect does not last long, no other active ingredients for treatment purposes for the price-tag paid, e.g. some anti-oxidants, extra hydrating agent will be good.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by madmarx

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by eroe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first type of "pre-moisturizer" I have ever bought so please keep that in mind.

I wanted to buy a facial lotion that wasn't oily or greasy. The result was this serum which was water-based and soaked easily in to my skin. The texture of it is great and it does hydrate the skin. However the effect is only temporary and by noon I felt my skin flaking under my makeup.

I then used the instructions and placed it under my moisturizer. I didn't really notice any difference with this after I placed my regular moisturizer on top of it. It didn't hydrate my face longer. That was disappointing.

Also I feel that for the price of the product there should have been more of the lotion. The packaging itself was nice and the pump was great though.

I didn't see the point in this serum (hydration-wise) and I was especially unhappy about the money I spent to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Georgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

smells foul and my face broke out overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Vlinder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It totally calms down my very sensitive skin in the morning and hence makes it easier to then apply daycream and make up. I do find Body Shop stuff a bit pricey though b

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by meliadfun

didn't really do anything for me. i use the aloe day spf and night cream daily/nightly, and love both. this serum just didn't react well with my skin. pores seemed to clog more often when this stuff was added to my daily routine. it's pricey, so make sure you get a sample or two before putting your money on table.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mintoyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think i love this product since it can easily absorb into ur skin very fast and totally moisturize ur skin. I used to have breaks out and my forehead is always red. However, that problem is totally gone after using this product. I think it's totally good with sensitive skin since i have sensitive skin and i have lots of problems due to my sensitivity. this product can really serve my needs and solve out my skin problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by adjective

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I find that this product works great when you apply it just before you put on one of your moisturisers.

I haven't noticed anything bad about this product but I'm only working through a sample that was given to me. It seems to last awhile. I've also not had any direct problems from using it.