November 24, 2014 | 951 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was a nice texture and felt like a primer to me.
It did not help my makeup stay on any longer, did not help with oil, and made my skin feel somewhat suffocated. I break out a lot more when I use this.
If anything all primers I have tried make my makeup slip around on my face and need more touch ups, increased my oil production and blemishes.
I do not think dimethicone/silcone type products are very good for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by songqian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it after reading many good reviews about the product, however after looking at the ingredients "dimethicone" is what I find most concerned. Since Dimethicone is a silicon-based polymer, many said it can cause breakouts and blackheads for those who have oily skin. I try it myself and it does cause pimples on my face but some of my friends don't have this problem. I guess you have to try yourself to know, but still, people with sensitive or oily skin should use with caution

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ruee21

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST PRIMERS I HAVE EVER USED. I KNOW ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A PRIMER TECHNICALLY, BUT AFTER READING ALL THE HYPED UP REVIEWS AND WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS I THOUGHT IT LOOKED PROMISING… BOY WAS I WRONG. THE FIRST TIME I USED IT I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING WITH A HUGE ZIT ON MY FOREHEAD, BUT STILL I WAS DETERMINED TO GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE, UNFORTUNATELY IT KEPT GIVING ME RANDOM HUGE ZITS ON MY FACE IN RANDOM SPOTS. THIS PRODUCT SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR CHAFING ON YOUR LEGS LADIES CASE CLOSED, THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Corinahern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I team this up with MOM and I am Team Matte all day every day! I do not change my routine at all and I no longer go to Sephora for oil control products. Both MOM and the Anti-Chaffing gel combined are just under $15 compared to one product at Sephora being $35. MOM helps control oil while the gel creates a smooth canvas for flawless skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far this works great, just as well or prob even better than my much more expensive hourglass veil primer. Heard about this years ago but reluctant to try due to its name. But the recent raves about it from one of my favorite youtubers, Tati, made me decide to try it finally. Works great, and very economical!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great foundation primer! I'm half way through my first tube, and I can't believe how long it took me to try this product out. I'd seen rec's for this for years, but was put out by the Monistat connection (I know the Anti-Chaffing Gel isn't the same product as the itch or yeast infection treatments, but if I were playing a word association game, the name "Monistat" would always be linked to "vagina"). I'm glad I got over that because this product is fabulous as a no-frills primer. I've tried at least a dozen different primers over the years, including many high end ones like Hourglass's Veil Mineral, Too Faced's Primed and Poreless, and multiple variations of Smashbox's Photo Finish, and this product works as well as any of them for a much lower price.
In my experience, all silicone primers work more or less the same as one another even if the consistency of the primer is different straight out of the package. More often than not, they feel pretty similar to one another on the skin and are indistinguishable from one another after foundation is applied. So to me, the biggest difference between those primers and this one is that this primer (probably by virtue of not actually being marketed as a face primer) doesn't make me a bunch of fancy promises it can't deliver on. It doesn't promise to make my pores disappear, keep my T-zone matte, to tone down my redness, give me special skin care benefits through sunscreen or anti-oxidants (ladies, PLEASE don't rely on your cosmetics for sun protection!), or brighten my complexion. It just provides a smooth canvas for my foundation and keeps my foundation from fading, sliding down my face or sinking into my pores over the course of a day.
Another thing I love about this primer is how easily it blends with other products. If my skin is looking redder and more irritated than usual, I'll mix in some green liquid concealer. If I want more glow, I can mix it with a liquid highlighter like MAC Strobe Liquid or Revlon's Skin lights. You can even mix a tiny bit of it with a powdered product to make a cream/gel shadow or blush. It's quite a talented multitasker!
If you're a regular user of silicone based primers, you really ought to give this product a try. It's not fancy and doesn't deliver life-changing results, but it works well and sells for under $7. Can't beat that!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by batyah

My skin is very very oily and I have tried DS and HE primers, and nothing has worked. I tried this and about 5 min after I applied my foundation over it, I literally had white bubbles (sweat) forming on my upper lip and it looked weird! Thank God I was still at home when that happened. This was of no help to me and didn't keep me matte at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first primer purchase, I always think it's a waste to invest in primer. Hell no, I was wrong. Best think in the world you could have with ridiculous price. It feel smooth on skin, kinda silicon and powder mixed together. Weird feeling, in a good way. My makeup stays all day. Amazing! I don't have to complain about my foundation gets oxidize or anything. It "locks" it in place, that's how a primer should work
Update: This stuff works, but it does clocks me pores, like crazy. Occasionally using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by tan612

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very exicited about the product. When I applied it first it was so smooth and silicony. My foundation easily blendable with it. But next day i had some cyst like pimple :(. I thought may be other reason behind it. I wanted to love the product fot its good review. But whenever I used the product some cyst or rash occured within 6/7 hours after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by scarletwoundsmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never used a different primer.. They all seem so expensive. This one is great! Good price. Makes a nice and smooth primer for my foundation. Also works well under breasts and between thighs to prevent chafing. HG!