December 21, 2014 | 1832 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This product has a very wet formula. The brush has many bristles, but they're spaced out a lot so even though the "special tip" thingy does get product out of the wand, you still have a lot of product inbetween the bristles. This kinda leads to a lot of clumping. It got less clumpy as I used it more, since there wasn't as much product in the tube, but it was still annoying. I'll be sympathetic and give it an extra star because of its ability to stay on for 17 hours without flaking. I don't like the brush because of (aforementioned) the way it clumps, and it is very hard to put in and out of the tube. Plus it is very flexible, and that kind of irritated me. The price is okay, like $7. I honestly would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, this mascara worked very well for me. But over time, it started to disappoint me :\ it lengths and volumized my lashes well, but than one day stopped, instead made my lashes clumped and sticked together, and got harder to remove. I didn't have it long either, maybe up to a month or two? Anyways, different mascaras work for different people, this one didn't work to well on me XD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gives a nice natural looking length, not really volumizing. i like the flexible plastic brush. nice black color to layer over a more volumizing mascara to add length. price is reasonable for a drugstore mascara. Can always catch a sale at Walgreens. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm fairly amazed at the reviews for this product. i think you need to take it for what it is; if you want fantastic volume and false lash effects in your mascara i think fairly obviously that this is not the one for you. however i'm firmly in the camp of wearing more natural looking mascara during daytime and beefing that shit up at night or for special events. i don't think "natural looking" is necessarily synonymous with "does nothing" either - i just think the effect is less full on and over-the-top. for me this mascara defines my lashes beautifully, gives them a nice black colour, and gives them the perfect amount of length. while you couldn't really call this a volumising mascara as per its name, i do think it offers more volume than the original define a lash (which i also liked). again, for my purposes, i don't want more volume than that. if you apply a thousand coats you're eventually gonna clump your lashes, but you know its limits early on and it's fine with a good 4 coats. i can get flaking around the 8-9 hour mark but it's not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

Hell yeah i would buy this again! and i dont understand why the poor reviews.
when i first got it, i thought the formaula was a bit wet, and it didnt do much for me. But as the formula dried out, wow this thing is fantastic. I have shot curled asian lashes and this thing makes them look wow thick and volumunious and long! what more could a girl want? it also holds the curl! the briush is not your typical brush, its a plastic brush, but i find it does a great job and is easy to work with. I agree with another reader that after a long day it does smudge at the bottom of the eyes, so I take one lippie off. other than that, i will definetly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is GREAT! I was a little skeptical when it wasn't waterproof, but it keeps a hold like waterproof mascara, and comes off easily. This mascara is truly the best of both worlds. I usually pair this mascara with voluminous fiber extend mascara by l'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by yeseniax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the best mascara ever, but not the worst. Very nice for everyday use, it does add length to your lashes but to me it does nothing for volume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Trying this out as my everyday mascara and so far so good. It adds a nice bit of oomph without screaming mascara. Stays put all day without irritating my sensitive eyes. Before bed I have a bit of smudging/flaking, but that's after a 16-hour day, so not bad. It goes on pretty wet and a little messy, but cleans up easily with a qtip and my fave makeup remover. A quick finger swipe once dry does the trick to eliminate any minor clumps. It's lightweight enough that I forget I have it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This really does deliver on the volume claim and the volume stays all day.I didn't have any problems with clumps it gave great definition even without a lash comb which is the true test of a good mascara.The brush is small so it makes it very easy to manipulate around the eye area and get all of those tiny little lashes.
The only con
It does smudge on to the under eye area but not as bad as most mascaras and it didn't mess with my eye makeup with black smudges so that made me happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mementomori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara does the prescriped job awesomely: it lengthens my lashes, gives them a very nice curl, all without clumping the lashes together at all (I have somewhat long and curved eyelashes, medium density).

However, it failed in one aspect: I have oily eyelids, and even when I primed and powdered them (blot powder, eyeshadow), it eventually left "stamps" on my upper lids, where my upper lashes touch the skin. I am aware that apart from this failure this mascara performed beautifully, but it didn't work out for me, sadly. /=