December 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair starting falling out and thinning out at the top. I started using biotin (GNC brand). It worked amazingly. I still take it now and will continue to take the vitamin. I did hear people say this can cause break outs, it hasn't for me. I also don't feel it has caused hair growth in unwanted places (like the face). As for nails I feel like it makes them grow faster but I have healthy nails to begin with. I would recommend biotin to anyone suffering from hair loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by nick1011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this particular brand of biotin. However, I've been using nature's bounty 5,000mg biotin pills twice a day so basically I'm taking 10,000. I have to say I'm really shocked at the negative reviews this product has done wonders for my hair! its grown very long (mid-back) within 5 months and also improved the overall health of my hair! I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by girlygirl15

it mademy hair grow faster for like, a day. then it did nothing and i got acne

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those things you really won't notice right away when it comes to hair growth/thickness. It took me around 6 months to truly note the difference in my hairs thickness. For the first time in my life I had to get my hair thinned out, because it had become so thick it was nearly unmanageable! I always had fine hair and when a new stylist kept talking about how thick my hair was, I knew it was the biotin that had made the difference.

I take 5000mcgs daily (with food.) So far I have no brand preference, (though I don't recommend Spring Valley (walmart) brand, it did absolutely nothing for me and my hair started to fall out massively again) just whatever's on sale! It helps with shedding (from thyroid issue) a great deal.

For me personally there is no difference in my nails thanks to eczema on my hands, but I've heard a lot of people have had great success with nail growth, just not me personally! I've had no negative effects from the biotin, but have always taken it after a meal on a full stomach, as it's better absorbed that way.

If you want to try something that can help your hair long term, try this out! Just don't get discouraged when you don't see immediate results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff broke me out, and made my hair crazy oily! I've never had oily hair before but after taking this I couldn't even go one day without washing my hair because it would look so limp and dirty. After finishing up with this my hair and skin went back to normal. Doesn't work for everyone :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Even when I would only take HALF a pill it would break me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been taking 5000 mg of Biotin daily for the past three months and wish I had properly researched it before doing so. I've been consistently breaking out (including painful, cystic acne which I normally don't get) and didn't figure out it was related to Biotin. Now that I'm reading these reviews, it seems I'm definitely not alone on this one. The pros are that my hair grew a bit faster and looked healthier and shinier overall but the major con is the adverse reaction my skin had. I'm breaking out in areas I don't usually break out at! (forehead, back, etc). Some reviewers say to drink plenty of water and NOT to take dosages higher than 1000 mg a day or to counteract the breakouts but adding other vitamins/supplements.

It may not make everyone break out but I was one of the unlucky ones. I even went on vacation for a few days last week and forgot to pack my Biotin with me. And what do you know, my skin was clear the entire time until I got home and resumed taking it. I didn't realize it at the time but I do now. Stopping this immediately for good because long hair definitely isn't worth ruining my skin and self-esteem for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started taking biotin (Natrol Biotin in Strawberry) to strengthen my hair, promote growth, and combat hair fallout and breakage. Within 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference, particularly in the strength of my nails, but also in my hair. I will continue to take it every 1-2 days because I am SO pleased with the results. Please note that if you are struggling with hair fallout and breakage that biotin is not a quick fix. A healthy diet, zinc and iron are also important, and coconut oil will help combat those split ends/breakage. Also make sure you're using a sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner! There are many great natural hair products that won't hurt your hair with all those harsh chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product, because my hair is naturally really thin and I heard that taking Biotin tablets would help them to grow thicker. So I bought the maximum strength ones on amazon. I bought enough for 6 months and I was hoping that this would help strengthen and thicken my hair. By the way I don't dye my hair nor do I use any heat tools on my hair, so my hair is quite healthy.

After using Biotin for 6 months, I haven't noticed any difference. My hair was still thin as usual and I did not find that it made any difference on my nails either.

However it did make my hair grow really fast. I think within 3 months my hair grew 3-4 inches.
I'm not sure if it make my nails grow faster too though.

I won't be repurchasing it, but I do think it's worth a try. Maybe it'll work better for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by allieamat

Over the last year I have been wearing tight ponytails and my hair towards the front started thinning. I purchased biotin about 2 weeks ago at walgreens and religiously took a pill daily and 14 days later my problem area is full of hair. My baby hairs have grown an inch, which is a miracle in this short time period. Not to mention, I do have acne history, and this did not break me out!