July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by chloenkitty

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't get the hype. I have minimal fine lines under my eyes and this looks cakey and makes me look like I have more lines than I actually do. I've warmed it up between my fingers, on the back of my hand, use a good eye cream etc

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by NinaToni

LOVE this product! I use it everyday to cover up only where I need it (basically anywhere my skin changes color - redness, blemishes, etc). I buff it in with a brush and don't need to reapply throughout the day. Since it matches my skin perfectly, it completely eliminates my need for foundation - major plus! I don't use it under my eyes, so I can't review the use there. It's totally worth the price tag as it's become the only thing I need for a simple, foundation free, everyday makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

I have been using it for over a week and so far it is superb! Given the right moisturizer base it blends with skin seamlessly. Applying it over more silicony moisturizer like MAC Fast Response gives the best results. I am still looking for the perfect eye setting product. Despite the fact that I am quite pale (NW20 in MAC or slithly lighter) after consulting with several SAs at the counter I went for the Beige not Ivory color - it covers my blueish dark circles better.

Update 22SEP2013: my skin got paler in autumn (plus an experiment with retinA made me practically white) and the Beige now looks a little too yellow on me. Still belnds ok, but might consider buying the concealer in Ivory later.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by MirabaiMatteini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My under-eyes can get dark if I've been in front of the computer too long, tired, or if I'm lacking in vitamin B, and so I'm ever on the search for the Mecca of under-eye concealer. I've spent a small fortune trying loads on the market - cheap and expensive - but I can't rave on enough about how much I LOVE Cle de Peau's concealer.
It's texture is creamy, there's no caking and wrinkling (even though it is a stick and even though I'm getting on a bit). It is expensive (around $80 for a stick) but it has lasted me so far 2 years, as I don't need to use a great deal and it lasts all day. I still have enough, I hope, to tide me over for another 3 months. It is full coverage, blends well with foundation. I just wish I could get it here in Italy.
I haven't tried other products in this brand, but if their concealer is this good I'd be willing to give them a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by annomatopia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best concealer. Worked with a sales associate to find the perfect match. It conceals everything. Does not look cakey or show lines, goes on smooth. LOVE LOVE. I will not even try another concealer again. Finally finding my favorite products!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by marissakmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok I'm going to start of by saying YES this product is very expensive but it does work very well! I love this concealer and I was so hesitant to spend the money but I am so happy that I did! I do not have a Cle de Peau counter located near me so I went on the Nordstrom website and gave them some examples of makeup shades that I am currently using (Mac NW20 and 25 and Bobbi Brown Warm Beige) and they matched me to the Beige color in CdP. So on to the review- this concealer is so great! My main concern was covering up my blemishes or post acne marks and this stuff works so well. I first tried using my concealer brush and was not happy with the results so I tried using my finger and patting it on any areas that need coverage and the spot just disappears and it stays that way all day! I was previously using mac pro-longwear concealer and I felt like it never blended well and drew more attention to my spot. The Cle de Peau is the complete opposite- it doesn't even look like you are wearing anything, it just disappears. If I was just using this for undereye coverge only then I'm not so sure I would shell out the $70 but for evening out skintone and covering blemishes this stuff is so worth it! For me it replaces the mac pro-longwear concealer, Bobbi Brown under eye concealer and tinted eye brightner AND even my foundation because it covers so well- so the price is well worth it. And just for reference I have sensitive skin and this did not break me out at all! If you are on the fence about buying it, just do it!! You will love it and it will last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the reviews I bought this concealer in ivory for a whopping 95$ CND! The concealer is good, just good, not great. It does settle into creases big time. If layered, coverage is very good on my severe dark circles, but I find repeat applications necessary throughout the day to maintain the effect, which is problematic, because: A) I don't have the time; B) it can look dry and cakey. On days when my circles are especially bad, this concealer alone is not enough. I layer it with Amazing Cosmetics concealer or Helena Robenstein concealer. As for the colour, it's a fine match for my N15 skin but it's not light enough to have a brightening effect. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I caved and spend $70 CAD on this concealer. I think I found the answer to my quest for faking a bright undereye (dark under eye circles, thanks to genetics).

The product blends beautifully and you only need to dab lightly to dispense the product. lovely powdery finish. I'm actually ditching my foundation and just using this product under my eyes and where there's redness on my nose and chin.

Fantastic product! Holy Grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lucyim

I actually ran out recently of Cle de Peau concealer in ivory, and did not realize how amazing this concealer is. For everyday wear, for photoshoots, covering up dark spots and contouring. The fact that it is in stick form is a plus. I have tried Dior's many concealers, Amazing Cosmetics, Vapour Organic Beauty. Nothing has that certain skin binding texture I love so much about Cle de Peau concealer. And for $70, it is worth it, since I wasted over $150 trying to find a "cheaper" replacement. Also, the fact that it is highly pigmented and dense makes it last a very long time. I think it's time for a trip to Neiman's now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer which I sometimes use all over my face as a foundation. It is best for oily/normal skin, those with dry skin might need to use an eye cream under it. The price is ok considering it lasts a very long time ( for more than a year depending on its use). It's even better than Chanel and Armani. I stopped looking for a better one once I found this one.

Edit: One year later and I am still loving it!