September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clean & Clear - Oil Absorbing Sheets

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by iceprincess0092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using blotter papers for years and I've tried a lot of different brands. The first time I used this I noticed a very shiny residue on my skin and was surprised. When I looked at the ingredients I noticed this contains mineral oil. Why would I want to put oil on my face when I'm trying to blot it off?? Esp an awful, cheap pore clogging oil??? These suck!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love any oil absorbing sheets, they are such a life saver.
I work in the office, with full air conditioning , after a couple of hours my skin is always shining a lot, I always use them as a rescue.
Great Stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I think that it is pretty expensive for 50 sheets it runs about 6 bucks at my local drug store but it does its job. I love how it doesn't really wipe away my makeup and absorb all of my oil. It has to be in my bag everywhere I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Cindehh

As a person who gets oily VERY easily, and as a person who has tried several brands of blotting paper, I'll say Clean and Clear's blotting paper was on the best I've tried. Compared to other brands with their tissue-like paper, the silky plastic feel doesn't let the oil seep through as easily. Also, where as I usually have to use multiple sheets of other brands (life, anna sui), one sheet gets the job done with space on the paper to spare! My only complaint is that its $10 for 50 sheets over here, and the packaging leaves more to be desired, as I've already ripped the tab to the point of no return (I keep the half broken box in a baggie now) and the adhesive is starting to wear (~20 sheets in). Definitely would recommend to other oily face sufferers, as this gives you the matte feel without taking off alot of your makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I only wish I had discovered these 20 years ago (if they existed then). I had terribly oily skin starting around age 10. Finally, in my 30's, my oil production has slowed, but I definitely am still the person whose make-up looks like hell (or like I never had any on to begin with) as the day progresses. I picked these sheets up because I am getting married this Saturday, and this is one of those beauty products all the wedding and beauty columnists say you should have on hand in your wedding day beauty kit. I am terrified that only a few hours in to my reception that I'm going to start to look shiny and awful in pictures. I picked these up about a week ago & gave them a try after the workday, which is when I look the worst. They actually do what they say they do! (Can you believe it?) Gently dabbing at my skin in the shiny areas, they visibly pick up the oil and leave me looking fresh, like I just applied my make-up. The oil is right there on the sheet. I admit I doubted they would work; they have a shiny, almost plastic-y surface, so I couldn't imagine that could absorb oil. But they do. My only gripe, is that the packaging isn't the greatest; the cardboard holder is VERY flimsy, so it gets crushed pretty easily in a purse or pocket. And it's hard to pull out just one (not knowing how thin these are, I pulled out like 8 the first time...duh). At about $4 at Target, what an absolute steal. I would be willing to pay a lot more than that (especially if they upgraded the container). At $4, even me as a poor high schooler could have afforded these. I plan to have these on-hand basically forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I survive a day without these in school.. My face gets oily and I put foundation and eyeliner and it doesn't smudge makeup at all and the makeup stays but it will go if u wipe the makeup.. U need to tap it on ur face not wipe it.. And since it's not cheap.. I sorta reuse em cuz my face isn't THAT oily. Highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and these are so handy to remove excess facial oil while only disturbing my makeup minimally. I always keep a pack in my purse, book bag, car, etc. I lightly dab (tap not swipe) my t zone and the oil is transferred (absorbed) onto the sheet.

Tip: These are about $6 USD for a pack of 30, which is kind of pricey IMO. So save yourself a couple of dollars, there is no difference between the name brand and the generic cvs brand, they work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these - I've repurchased over and over. For someone with oily skin who wears foundation daily, these are a must. I usually use them once a day, in the afternoon, when I get some shininess going on in my t-zone. I love that I could just slip these into my pocket with no other makeup needed when I go out, because after using these, I don't need to re-powder my face. Of all the blotting sheets I've tried, these are the only ones that don't pick up any makeup. I like the packaging - slim, simple and I like the sticker that picks up each sheet. They're kind of expensive, for how long they last me - but completely worth it. Have and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've used these for probably 10 years now. So nice to not have to apply more powder to matte-ify your face. I just wish they were a bit cheaper. They're like $6 now which could get me something fun like a lipstick, but hey that's life.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these sheets i use them at work because after a few hours at work i begin to get oily through my foundation and i don't want to wipe my whole face off! I found this product and literally all you do is pat it over your skin and it leaves your makeup in place but grabs all the oil and shine off your face it works great!