December 20, 2014 | 1326 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Stylo Yeux Waterproof Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this almost exclusively on my upper eyelid waterline. Its a "lighter" navy blue but that's not noticeable when its on your upper lid waterline - it just makes your eye look better, bigger but not harsh as some black eyeliners can do. I've found navy eyeliner on the waterline is extremely flattering for brown eyes.

This eyeliner really stays - its still there at the end of the day. I don't take it right into the inner corner of my eye so it doesn't stray onto the bottom of my eye.

I haven't used the little sharpener that is on the end of the "pen" because I don't need a sharp point to do my waterline. I don't know how it lasts on the actual eyelid but I highly recommend it for brown eyed women to use on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first Chanel eyeliner!!! I bought this while I was just browsing the counter, not planning to buy anything. I kinda wanted to buy a navy eyeliner. Heard it will makes your white part whiter using blue eyeliner. So, I found this "marine blue" and it seems easily to glide on. And I'm right, easy to use, not messy and doesn't poke my eyes. I have sensitive eyes due to lasik surgery that I got 2 months ago. It still healing and my eyes get irritates easily, esp if the weather is dry (living in So Cal) or using eye makeup. The marine blue has some shimmery stuff, but not overpowering. I want to buy the violet purple as well. Highly recommended!!! Get it on Amazon, a bit less pricey, but this is Chanel :))

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wasn't sure about this one for me, since I have blue eyes and I was taught that blue liner and shadow "bleed" the color from blue eyes. However, I wanted to see if I could get away with a dark blue, close to indigo. I really like this formula and shade. It's just enough blue to bring out my eyes, but not so obvious that it detracts. The texture is a bit drier than what I'm used to but it seems to stay in place better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm just loving these Chanel eyeliners. This is my 3rd one. Staying power is amazing. Up there with urban decay 24/7 eyeliners. Marine is navy blue with subtle shimmer. Its great for changing it up from black but still remaining sophisticated.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by peachgirly

I love the color of this eyeliner and it makes my brown eyes stand out. When I apply this eyeliner, it shows up as a navy blue with a little shimmer. However, a problem I have with it is that it tends to smudge on my lower lash line in a few hours after applying it. Another con is the price but I guess if its Chanel, then its going to be expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Moe7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner. Even the box smells nice.
It goes on smoothely and does not smudge at all
Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this eyeliner. Believe me I didnít find anything better than this and I did try a lot as I love to wear liners ..Never smudge..very very long lasting. I do have several colors but the Marine is my favorite. The best blue color for my brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Dreamweaver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got tired of using gel eyeliners, but I didn't want to go back to pencils because they usually don't last on my eyes for more than a couple of hours. My friend told me about these pencils, so I thought I'd give them a try. They're easier to apply than the gels and they last all day! Marine is a dark navy (almost black) with just a hint of shimmer. Perfect for my blue eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally went to the Chanel counter to purchase another eyeliner because of the color and the SA started talking about the Stylo Yeux and since I did not have any eye makeup on she lined my lashed with Stylo Yeux in Celadon. Of course she did a great job and I loved the color so I bought that in addition to the other eyeliner.
The next morning, getting ready for work, I tried the SY and I actually had to sit back and understand what just happened-I am honestly a total klutz with eyeliner and at my age you'd think I would have figured it out but no. SY was so totally wonderful and drew such a smooth, beautiful line with so little effort that I even did a line a little thicker than is comfortable for me...spectacular!
All the way to work whenever I stopped at a traffic light I had to look in the mirror and kept doing the same all day because I could not believe I drew such a perfect line that lasted all day long.
What can I say? I went back to a Chanel counter last evening and bought Marine (which I used today) and Violine which is a gorgeous, subtle purple. Definitely my HG times 10! Next purchase will be espresso. I am going to be making up for lost time!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by StilaFaux

This eyeliner has made to my HG! This was recommended by a good friend of mine and I love it! It gives a very beautiful bold midnight blue colour on my eyes and it is very easy to line. The plastic tubing made it very convenient to carry around and I dont have to worry about it breaking at all , especially now when I have to check-in my makeup pouches when I travel. It is completely smudgeproof and it only smudges a little on my outer lids but that's only at the end of my working day. I will definitely buy this again and again :)