October 1, 2014 | 1870 users online

Concealers - Chanel - Eclat Lumiere Highlighting Face Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

BEST highlighting pen. GREAT coverage. VERY moisturizing and MUCH cheaper than all the others...which is quite odd since it is Chanel! Only 45$ compared to 57$ for YSL and Dior. This is perfect and you need ti use much less so it lasts much longer. If I needed to repurchase I would buy the Chanel and pass on the others.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

The trick with this item is knowing how to use this pen for the best results. I used to think it's to highlight your facial features, but there's so much more to this! I had a makeup session with a Chanel makeup artist and she used this to cover undereye circles. When she was done, omg, I looked like I had just woken up from a 10 hour restful sleep. And here we were on a Friday evening, after a long work week, and I looked so healthy and rested. She said that when people have extremely dark circles (like me), this pen is great for neutralizing undereye circles first, then applying concealer over it. I was so impressed with the results, that I bought this pen. I couldn't be happier, it offers good coverage without being sheer and is thicker than the Dior Skinflash or YSL, it has great consisency and easier to blend than the other brands I've tried. It's too bad we can't see how much product is left in the pen, however, this product lasts a long time. I have medium to very light olive skin, and I use the Rose Beige. I wouldn't use it on its own, since it's not concealing enough for my very dark circles, but as a neutralizer under my concealer, it's a home run! I'm so glad I discovered the best way to use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by danamarquez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in #10 (Beige Tendre).

At first glance: The packaging is nice, definitely doesn't look like cheap concealer. I have to admit, I bought this mainly because it's Chanel. =)) I like the gold band that separated the cap from the rest of the tube.

PROS:
*Beautiful consistency, glides on very smoothly even without moisturizers or primers. If you've tried Chanel's Aqualumiere gloss, the consistency is similar to that- except this time, it's on your face, not just your lips. :)

* It really gives your entire face an instant lift. (Take note: I didn't wear this alone. #10 is a little lighter than my natural skin color, so I wore it over Smashbox HD concealer in Medium.)

* The brush applicator is practical, if you end up with excess product, you can just put it back in and it'll stay there until the next time you need it.

*I've been obsessed with the "iridescent glow" effect, and this is perfect for that.

CONS:

*Quite pricey. I live in the Philippines and I bought it for around Php1950- That's around $ 44.

*I had to keep on turning the knob for the product to appear on the brush! And you never know how many times you have to turn it for it to come out.

* Because the packaging is black, you have NO idea how much product there is left.

* I've had it for two weeks and I have a feeling that I'm already running out.

* If you have really bad under eye circles, this won't do it for you. It could help, but you'll have to layer it over another concealer.

OVERALL: It still is CHANEL. <3 But I'd only buy it again if it went on sale. If you get this product, don't make it your main concealer. Try using a concealer that matches your skin color, then layer this over. :) It's a great highlighter concealer, just really pricey. If it were cheaper, I'd make it a staple in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliakh

The best concealer I have. It looks very natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is WAY overpriced. I am a Chanel girl & I would repurchase all of their stuff I have tried so far - except for this. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad product (hence I'm giving it 3 lippies), but it isn't anything special either and it certainly does not justify the hefty price tag.
I'd say the coverage of this is light to medium. It isn't enough to cover my dark circles. If you have 'light' dark circles then this might work, but if you have just plain dark circles then this won't cut it. For redness in the face it is okay.
I do like the consistency. It doesn't cake or settle into lines and it looks natural.
The packaging is pretty, but a downside to it is that you can't tell how much is left.
The price is ridiculous, especially considering that the amount of product you get is miniscule.
The bottom line is that this is a nice product, but I can get something to do exactly the same for less than a third of the price. I like the bourjois brush concealer just as much and I like my Gosh concealer even better.
Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Scherery

This is a great concealer. Its a bit thin, but it covers well and makes me look flawless! My fav I've ever tried!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by KohlLinerRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave it a "2" because I am outraged at how little time it lasted! I used it sparingly and the result were ok but I just can't get over that the pen ran out so fast and there was no warning either.
I feel like I should state that I love, love, love Chanel and have amassed a huge collection over the years - this is the first time I have ever given a low rating to one of their products.
I just can't justfy the price for the longevity of the pen.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very good at subtle illumination. Super-light texture, but buildable. Great as a highlighter. I am a N10-15 (leaning toward NC) & I needed the "2". (The "1" was just a bit too light.)

CONS: Might not be enough for those with very dark circles. May be drying on dry eyes/wrinkles.

ALTERNATES: HE alternate, YSL Touche Eclat (although I prefer the Chanel.) For a bit of subtle shimmer, Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener (but not for pale girls). Givency has a quite nice version called the "Mister" pen or some name like that. For actual undereye concealing (not highlighting): My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this for more than the eyes and If using this for more than the eyes and you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Skarry

I've been using this product for about a month. Hands down, it is the best concealer I've ever tried.

I've been through Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and Stila, to name a few. What sets this concealer apart from all of the others I've tried is that it provides outstanding coverage without looking heavy and it doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes. It matches my skin tone perfectly (I use the lightest shade) and is incredibly easy to blend. It lasts all day.

I have minor dark circles under my eyes and some degree of puffiness. If you have darker circles, you may want something a bit more substantial, but I would still stop by the Chanel counter to see if this works.

There are two drawbacks to this product, one of which is rather substantial. First, it's impossible to tell if you're running out of product; it comes in a black tube and there's really no warning when you're running low.

Second, I'm reading other reviews which state that this product ran out after THREE OR FOUR WEEKS. Which may explain why I was having trouble getting enough out of the tube this morning. $40/tube is a fair price, but for a product that's going to last three months at the very least. I can't justify adding $40 to my monthly budget for "concealer expense," however heavenly this is, so sadly, I'm still on my quest for the perfect concealer...sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by pilon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this concealer on my bare skin and it works miracles! I use the lightest shade; what I like the most about it, is that looks so natural - it looks as I'm not wearing any concealer at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No