April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap and Glory - Glow Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by janinam16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

bought it once,lovely shimerry product with typical soap and glory scent

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jennawen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does anyone know where you can buy Eau de Soap and Glory and Glam-a-lot body spray in the U.S.? Any websites that ship to the U.S. that you may know of would help. Boots.com and Harvey Nichols are not currently shipping to the U.S. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the smell of the entire Soap and Glory line...and the packaging...and the pink..and and AND! This pink shimmer lotion smells just like the rest of the line, a sweet smell that I just can't put my finger on--oh the mystery! The glow is subtle, and looks great on the legs, shoulders, pretty much anywhere you would like to glow! It's no Edward-Cullen-In-the-Meadow..so if your shimmer shy, this is worth it (i think)! I bought it at Shoppers drugmart for I *think* 10$ CDN

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JillEbEEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! Don't expect this to give you ultra shimmer. It's very subtle. I find I get more of a glow than a strong shimmer. Which I love, because it's not obvious I'm wearing something. People always compliment me on how great my skin looks when I have it on. I don't tell them it's a lotion...

I don't use it as a moisturizer. I apply my own, and then this on top before I go out for the added glow.
Having said that, it is July and I'm super tanned from the sun. Maybe I'll only love it in the summer, but even that is enough for me to DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lotion! I travelled to 2 Target's just to find it! It smells great, feels nice and I love the shimmer to it. It's not overwhelming and perfect on my tanned skin. You can really see it when you are in the sun. I would have bought another bottle but Target only had 1.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by meg182

I'm giving this product a 3 because the shimmery effect is not that strong. I am pale-skinned though, so perhaps I shall change my mind once I see it on my tanned/self-tanned skin in the summer.

I like the feel of it, the smell, the look of the packaging is great...and I think this would be great for a legs, shoulders, collarbone/chest lotion for that little general 'glow'. But I would like to use a more noticable highlighting product just to dab on my shoulders and collarbone, maybe something in a tiny packaging that is more concentrated with "shimmer", but still subtle. I once had an *amazing* cheap little highlighter when I was younger, it has since been discontinued I think. Oh well, this product here is still good for a general glow. I may buy it again just for the smell, packaging, and just knowing I at least have a *little* extra glow on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Kream0247

I feel in love with this product at my local Target but was brokenhearted when i realized they were out of stock. The very next day i drove to the next target closest to me and picked up a bottle of this stuff. I LOVE IT!
I have medium skin so the stubble sheen that this lotion leaves behind is just perfect. I used it on my shoulders and collar bone today, as well as on my legs in shorts and WOW. Most other shimmer lotions I’ve bought have rubbed off or have big cheepy looking flecks of glitter. Even worse some are overly oily and accentuate any razor bumps or flaws you might have.
This lotion leaves behind a sheen made of tiny little peach and pink colored flecks which go great with my complexion. I love the scent which is somewhat strong at first, but it definitely faded off by the end of the day. This is my new Spring/Summer staple! Just a little shimmer and not at all greasy, heavy, or oily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Soap and Glory as you get a pretty boudoir style,pink light plastic bottle (though his one is clear as the lotion is pink) with a lot of product for your money.
This is a body loion with a glow which is essentially a highlighter. This product will only show up on medium or dark skins. However it is not dramatic not does it have any staying power.
The positives are that it has a faint feminine scent andit is not stick or heavy. This is a good everyday lotion that gives a very light glow that looks natural. I do not see any shimmer at all but that is a good thing if you want it to look natural.
I took it on my holiday in the maldives and used it on my collar bone and even with a medium tan it was barely that. It is a pale pink but it dos not show in colour only laving a glow.
I have tried many highlighters far better than this but Soap and Glory is a fab brand and I would not be put off using it but this product does need a revamp.
I will not buy it again as I could use a normal mosituriser with no glow for a better result. You rub it in and suddenly it disapears after 1 minute. It does not serve any decent purpose apart from looking pretty in your bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

Ordered online from Target.com to apply to my arms on my wedding day. I have redness, kp, and assorted freckles and birthmarks I want to soften up with shimmer. This stuff is fairly standard shimmer lotion...I don't know why I shelled out more than $10 for something I could have paid $7 for at Wal-Mart if I'd just gone with Dove or Jergens. Anyhoo, here's my pro/con list:

Pros:
-Sanitary pump bottle
-Subtle shimmer...more of a sheen than glitter
-Does not contain stupid bronze color or self-tanner
-Moisturizing

Cons:
-Smells EXACTLY like Gucci Rush. Except stronger and more cloying, if that's possible.
-Runny consistency
-Expensive
-Not enough shimmer on it's own to soft-focus skin if you have serious problems

I will be using this with a light dusting of mineral shimmer powder over it for the wedding day. I will never purchase this again, mostly because I wore Gucci Rush during a particularly painful and embarrassing era of my life, wherein I was jilted by a seductive foreigner while in fact in a foreign country. If you have perfect skin, a healthy bank account, and love Gucci's Eau de Cluelessness, go for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glow Lotion: A Drop-Dead Gorgeous Highlighting Glimmer Lotion For The Body.
I must admit, I picked this up because the box it came in was so delightful looking! Like BeneFit stuff, but better. Unlike BeneFit, the product within was actually decent!
This is a light formula lotion designed to impart a slight glow and shimmer to the skin. The keyword is 'light', and that is exactly why I like it. I HATE lotions that alter skintone and put a ton of blingy, stripper-like glitter and trash on the skin. The beige tone in this lotion will blend with ANY skin tone (even if your skin is as white as a sheet of paper) and the shimmer elements are light enough to give the skin a healthy sheen and slightly blur any imperfections in the skin.
The best part of all is the fragrance. However, I'm sure it will offend quite a few. It is really fragranced! It reminds me of a warmer, less -fruity version of the Betsey Johnson fragrance. In fact, I wear them together (no other fragrance in my collection seemed to go well with this).
I use this all over my body and love the way my skin looks. Mind you, it's not heavily moisturising. Therefore, if you suffer from dry skin or are really looking for something to quench your skin, this isn't it.
This product is what I wished BeneFit's Flamingo Fancy and many other products were/are.
I believe I paid 8 for this at Boots. Worth every bit, and then some!