Dior lip maximizer

4.2

For me, this is nothing more than a clear lipgloss.

Pros:
- beautiful packaging

Cons:
- tingling sensation does nothing for my lips - no enhancing at all
- clear colour + a lipstick/lipgloss on top looks like I have on too much product
- if I use it on its own, it is just a clear gloss, nothing special
- not the most moisturising product I own

Next time I will just buy a Dior lip gloss instead!

on 9/7/2014 6:27:00 PM

Love this! Fresh refreshing feeling on lips. Looks great on top of lipstick too! Great on top of Dior's lip glow.

on 8/22/2014 2:47:00 PM

The first Dior thing I have bought and it is AMAZING!!! I have never had nothing that is so god :)

on 7/4/2014 12:43:00 PM

I bought this based on the great reviews as a night treatment to add moisture to my lips. At first this just mildly tingled. After 10 minutes though this was actually painful on my dry, sensitive lips and was unpleasant to wear.

I wore this every night for about 2 weeks (despite the pain) and used up about a third of the tube. There was no change in the moisturization of my lips like some other reviewers raved about so it was a waste of money. I honestly can't stand the way this hurts (I just have sensitive lips, I know that most people won't react the way I did) so I probably won't finish using this product.

Without whatever ingredient in it that causes the pain, this is a nice clear gloss, basic but pretty. However, I can think of many cosmetics lines whose glosses I prefer over Dior, do I won't be buying this again

on 6/22/2014 11:16:00 AM

Best primer for lipstick. I rarely use it as a gloss because you won't get the effect's since it won't touch your lips, just your lipstick. Plus it isn't the best as a lipgloss. People using it as a gloss are using it wrong. Put it on your lips like 10 min before applying lipstick and your lips will be a bit larger and juicy. It won't make them huge but it does help a bit. Doesn't hurt or sting, just feels minty and cool. All my cracks on my dry lips disappear with this on. When lipstick is applied on top, It goes on so smooth and doesn't seep into any cracks or lines. Great as a base!

Cute packaging but does t quite so as well as you'd expect. It tingles for a bit but looks (not feels) sticky-if that makes sense. Also only comes in one shade. Victoria secret lip plumper is my secret weapon.

on 6/7/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product. I wanted a lip plumper to use at home, in evening and during the night. Therefore, the product also needed to be moisturizing. I used often HR lip plumper, which is one of my favorite products.

The advantages of Lip Maximizer are that it comes in a nicer package, with a wand that makes the application easier and more comfortable than with the fingertip.

Besides, it feels fresh on the lips, looks like it is dies some real, lasting plumping and it keep the lips moisturized for the whole night. It is definitely the perfect product for me. I already bought it twice and would buy again.

on 5/19/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Using a sample of this.
PROS: very smooth and moisturizing. beautiful glossy but not shiny look. pleasant, subtle vanilla-mint flavor.
CONS: barely any tingle, no plumping, and therefore too expensive to not live up to its claim.

If you want a sophisticated clear glossy balm-type product with a great finish and a luxury label, and price is no concern, this is for you.

EDITED: Up to 3 stars. I just enjoy this sample so much. It's so smooth and soothing (but still doesn't do anything else). If I have a moment of weakness, I may actually buy it someday.

on 5/7/2014 10:49:00 AM

My HG lip gloss is Fusion Beauty's Lip Fusion (also a lip plumper). Let me first say that I do not use lip plumpers for cosmetic purposes. It just seems they are some of the most moisturizing products for lips! I have very dry lips and have long sworn off lip balms because I had to constantly reapply them and my lips were still constantly peeling. I think the plumping action of these glosses has something to do with its ability to keep the lips moisturized.

I have this in the color 001 which is a milky pink color with extremely fine shimmer in it. It applies almost clear, and the shimmer in it makes it look very shiny. The packaging is beautiful as with most Dior products. This tingles much more than the Lip Fusion (or maybe I've just grown used to the Lip Fusion one after all these years). It kind of surprised me that it tingled so much at first, but by the second application it wasn't so bad. According to other reviewers, this one doesn't burn as much as other lip plumpers. The formula is glossy, stays where you put it, has relatively good staying power (you're probably need to reapply after you eat though), and is not sticky. Overall, very pleasant to wear. Price is on the high side (37$ CAD) but, lucky me, I managed to find some for 15$ at SDM/Pharmaprix so I stocked up! While this has not knocked Lip Fusion out of my #1 HG spot, it has come a very very close second.

on 4/29/2014 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

On my second tube of this superior product. Takes care of chapping, makes my lips feel tingling and does plump and prime them for lipstick. I also use as a gloss over lipstick and a night treatment. Super quenching and LOVE the scent. Vanilla and cinnamon.

Popular Lip Treatments