October 20, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by shi1

My HG lip gloss is Fusion Beauty's Lip Fusion (also a lip plumper). Let me first say that I do not use lip plumpers for cosmetic purposes. It just seems they are some of the most moisturizing products for lips! I have very dry lips and have long sworn off lip balms because I had to constantly reapply them and my lips were still constantly peeling. I think the plumping action of these glosses has something to do with its ability to keep the lips moisturized.

I have this in the color 001 which is a milky pink color with extremely fine shimmer in it. It applies almost clear, and the shimmer in it makes it look very shiny. The packaging is beautiful as with most Dior products. This tingles much more than the Lip Fusion (or maybe I've just grown used to the Lip Fusion one after all these years). It kind of surprised me that it tingled so much at first, but by the second application it wasn't so bad. According to other reviewers, this one doesn't burn as much as other lip plumpers. The formula is glossy, stays where you put it, has relatively good staying power (you're probably need to reapply after you eat though), and is not sticky. Overall, very pleasant to wear. Price is on the high side (37$ CAD) but, lucky me, I managed to find some for 15$ at SDM/Pharmaprix so I stocked up! While this has not knocked Lip Fusion out of my #1 HG spot, it has come a very very close second.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On my second tube of this superior product. Takes care of chapping, makes my lips feel tingling and does plump and prime them for lipstick. I also use as a gloss over lipstick and a night treatment. Super quenching and LOVE the scent. Vanilla and cinnamon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Received this as a gift and I definitely plan on repurchasing. This outlast my MAC glosses minus the drying effects. I only wear it by itself when I just want to keep it basic for a day and it gives me lips a nice glossy finish without looking gooey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

I mainly use this as a lip treatment day and night. My main concern is the lines on my lips that cause lipstick to sink in and using this lip treatment before lipstick helps prevent that. It also makes my lipstick last longer. I sometimes also use this as a gloss on top of lipstick where it also helps prolong the wear of my lipstick and add a nice juicy glossy look. In addition, I love this maximizer as it is the ONLY lip treatment I can apply at night and wake up with moisturized/ un-chapped lips! Tried loads of different lip balms like burts bees, YSL, etc. but they all don't work. Even though this is marketed as a lip maximizer, I think I use it almost like a lip balm since it is so moisturizing and I don't really care amount the plumping effects as much. I do feel that this is expensive given the amount of product. The scent is really nice and the tingling sensation is quite pleasant as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kellyfiveone

I don't really write reviews for products but I had to say something about this one. This stuff is so expensive but it's worth every penny. When I first tried it I was like "Okay... it tingles a bit and makes my lips glossy... could have bought any other lip gloss" and I kinda ignored it and was peeved that I spent my gift card on something that I probably wasn't going to use often. However, I recently picked it back up and started putting it on everyday and I SWEAR this product is making my lips look way better. I wouldn't say they look bigger, but it just makes your lips look BETTER. Not sure if anyone else will notice, but I do.

I was reading other reviews on here and someone said that this makes your lips ready for lipstick and I totally agree! I haven't tried it as a nighttime lip treatment yet, but that would be a great idea considering the benefits it gives during the day. As a plus, this makes your lips look pretty while it's on - glossy, not sticky, and it's a perfect shade of pink.

I'm in love! I seriously don't have anything bad to say about this product =D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

This has become an absolute Holy Grail product for me :-)

PROS:
Gorgeous, gorgeous packaging. Sophisticated yet still really pretty. It actually does make my lips look a bit plumper - not a huge difference but enough to make me happy since I've got thin lips. It's moisturising and smooths out the lines on my lips to make them look smoother.

It's really nice on it's own for naturally glossy lips (but not too glossy!), but I prefer to wear it over my Dior Addict Colour Reviver Balm - the two products combined creates a perfect look for me to wear to work. If I were to wear it out during the evening I would wear it under a lipstick.

It has a faint scent of mint & vanilla which is very pleasant. No taste. It tingles on my lips which is also a pleasant sensation. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me at all.

It's not sticky, it has a nice texture - thick and luxurious.

CONS:
The applicator wand is small and I would prefer a small brush, but it's not a huge put off for me. It's easy enough to scrape some of the product onto a plastic applicator and apply the product with a lip brush.

It's expensive, however a little goes a long way, and I think this will last at least 6 months if using every day (which I'm sure I will). I will definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out - it's a staple product for me now and I'm so happy I discovered it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BEST LIPGLOSS EVER! It's a pretty pale pink in the case and it's just gorgeous on the lips. It is awesome and although ridiculously expensive I repurchase and consistently finish them. This will actually plump your lips in a natural and attractive way for the duration of your use, meaning if you apply this 3 times a day your lips stay moist and full and smooth always. There is no taste and no goop factor. Once applied there is a slight vanilla mint scent and a barely there tingle for max 2 min. You can apply lipstick over it and use it like a base or it's almost like a sealing gloss when used traditionally. It improves the condition of your lips while looking and feeling awesome. I can't say enough good things and if you have thin or aging lips this is a must try.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well,this is a nice gloss. Non sticky..makes my lips look healthy and luscious and it feels a bit minty,it does not sting.
But i don't notice the plumping effect at all and i have used this for a month non-stop.
It's already running out and i'm a bit dissappointed.

I have used cheaper lipplumpers that work better then this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by softy22

This is the first time i try it and it almost feel the exact same as COBiglow mentha lip tint "found in BBW" , but the COBiglow one is thicker.
They do the same to me " i have a regular size lips (not too big and not tiny)".
Well, i'll use it beacse it feels good and refreshing , but wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by june0626

I love it! got it from my boyfriend a month ago and it has become my staple items in my makeup bag. It makes my lips smooth, supple and soft. But those with sensitive lips has to be aware of the plumping ingredients! I have no issues with that and will definitely repurchase it after it runs out.