Dior lip maximizer

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After seeing many reviews saying it didn't plump lips at all, I just had to write my own review. I get lip fillers frequently and am a lover of big lips. Since I already have quite big lips due to lip fillers, this lip gloss is the cherry on top. It's so smooth and glides on beautifully. Great clear colour. Plumps my lips so perfectly I'll never look for another lip plumper. It gives my lips that great pouty, bouncy look. I however have used this over the top of lipstick, but seeing other reviews I will defiantly try using 10 minutes before I apply lipstick. I always receive comments about my lips when I wear this and have gotten a few of my friends into the product since they love how it looks on my lips. Here in aus I purchased for $48AUD from David jones and was shocked at the price expecting it to be a little more. (Australia's beauty prices are crazy) defiantly repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have had this product for about 3 months now and it is definitely not something that I will use daily due to the price.

This blurs out my fine lines and plumps in up slightly which I love because I really do not like the lines on my lips. With 1 swipe, you will be able to have a even coat if you rub your top and bottom lips together. I use it during the day to prep my lips for the lipstick/lip gloss that I will we wearing on that day. I use my Nuxe Reve De Miel at night.

I am currently trying out the soap and glory lip plumper and I will write a review on it if it compares with the Dior Lip Maximizer.

Packaging is beautiful and I feel fancy whenever I whip it out. From the tube it looks like a pinky gloss but when you apply it to the lips, it is clear. Just be sure not to mix with your other lip colours because it might get onto the applicator which will change the colour of the product!

It is not sticky at all like some of the other glosses. It does not feel that thick too. It just feels like a balm that slightly sticky and it will also give out some sheen on the lips if you do not use lipstick/gloss over it.

I would consider repurchasing it because it does plump up the lips slightly. Do not expect your lips to turn into Kylie Jenner's within 5 minutes! It will just enhance you lips and blurs the fine lines.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this and I love it. Not sure whether it work to maximize lips since i already have full lips. But this works to moisturize my lips and blur the lines. I use it either alone as gloss or under lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It works! Use it as a base or top coat and also use it alone. Love the tingle!

Will this give you instant angelina jolie lips, or perform any sort of plumping miracle for very thin lips ? No. However, it is VERY conditioning and is a gorgeous pale nude-y, pink color. It gives the illusion of fuller lips somewhat, with the slight bit of tingle and shine it provides. But that should not be why you buy this product, because if you're looking for that extreme plumping and volumizing effect, you will be sorely disappointed. I am a lip balm ADDICT and am constantly losing my lip balm, so one day in desperation I applied this, hoping it would offer some relief. It was amazing ! This stuff is so conditioning and comfortable with no intense burning of usual lip plumpers. It has a very cooling-type effect. Smooth texture, not sticky like traditional "lip glosses", and does not burn as most plumpers do. It's like a balm-gloss hybrid, that offers a bit of a plumping effect. I put this over top of regular lip balm to have my lips deeply conditioned for when they are super dry. The fact that it looks great and is a lovely color is just a bonus for what this can do for your lips ! Extremely pricey, yes. Which is really the only downfall of this product. But it is Dior after all ;) Definite repurchase.

For me, this is nothing more than a clear lipgloss.

Pros:
- beautiful packaging

Cons:
- tingling sensation does nothing for my lips - no enhancing at all
- clear colour + a lipstick/lipgloss on top looks like I have on too much product
- if I use it on its own, it is just a clear gloss, nothing special
- not the most moisturising product I own

Next time I will just buy a Dior lip gloss instead!

Love this! Fresh refreshing feeling on lips. Looks great on top of lipstick too! Great on top of Dior's lip glow.

The first Dior thing I have bought and it is AMAZING!!! I have never had nothing that is so god :)

I bought this based on the great reviews as a night treatment to add moisture to my lips. At first this just mildly tingled. After 10 minutes though this was actually painful on my dry, sensitive lips and was unpleasant to wear.

I wore this every night for about 2 weeks (despite the pain) and used up about a third of the tube. There was no change in the moisturization of my lips like some other reviewers raved about so it was a waste of money. I honestly can't stand the way this hurts (I just have sensitive lips, I know that most people won't react the way I did) so I probably won't finish using this product.

Without whatever ingredient in it that causes the pain, this is a nice clear gloss, basic but pretty. However, I can think of many cosmetics lines whose glosses I prefer over Dior, do I won't be buying this again

Best primer for lipstick. I rarely use it as a gloss because you won't get the effect's since it won't touch your lips, just your lipstick. Plus it isn't the best as a lipgloss. People using it as a gloss are using it wrong. Put it on your lips like 10 min before applying lipstick and your lips will be a bit larger and juicy. It won't make them huge but it does help a bit. Doesn't hurt or sting, just feels minty and cool. All my cracks on my dry lips disappear with this on. When lipstick is applied on top, It goes on so smooth and doesn't seep into any cracks or lines. Great as a base!

Popular Lip Treatments