Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush

4.1

on 3/26/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love it. I use it everyday as my all over eye shadow applicator. Wonderful brush!

on 2/4/2010 12:51:00 PM

Just bought this brush Jan 2010. Have not yet tried to use it, but have cleaned it along with three other eye shadow brushes with the black curvy handle. They all Stink!!! They have a horrible smell. It's not as noticable on the other three, but on the large brush it's quite distinct. Tried Mac Brush cleaner and Drommer's. Still smelly. Wondering what kind of hair was used on these brushes.

on 1/13/2010 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great brush!
I've used an older version of this brush (white handle) for about 10 years, almost every single day, and it still looks like new, not even any dings in the ferrule (metal part)- and I am really hard on my brushes!
It has held up beautifully, no stray hairs or shedding with regular washing. I use this to put a wash of color all over my lid, it does the job better than some pro brushes.

on 12/7/2009 5:53:00 PM

White handle: Excellent for packing on color, or if in a rush, for applying a wash really quickly. Very soft bristles and has not shed on me yet!

on 8/14/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I initially reviewed this brush in 2005 and I gave it a very bad review. I hadn't learned about packing on eyeshadow and was instead sweeping on my shadows, which of course does not work with this brush. This is a very nice shader brush. It's similar in size to the MAC 252. Even though the 252 is supposedly a superior brush, being MAC and all, I prefer my Sonia Kashuk brush for shading. The 252, while thicker and sturdier, is a little too prickly for me. I also think it's too big for my eyes. The Sonia Kashuk brush is the perfect size for laying down my base shadow all over my lids. Instead of sweeping on my shadow the way I did back in '05, I've since learned how to pack the shadow on all over my lids. This is one of my favorite brushes of all time. My only wish is that the handle be a little longer. By the way, please keep in mind that this is a shader brush so it's best for packing on color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this brush to pack color on my lid, and it's perfect for that! It's just the right size, picks up a lot of color, and in general makes applying my eyeshadow easier and faster. It doesn't shed, but the bristles have started to splay a little bit.

on 8/6/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great brush for applying a wash off color on the lip. I also use it to apply a highlight e/s under the brow. The price is fantastic. It's a great buy!

on 7/20/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Great brush, perfect for applying color all over the lid. Excellent quality.

on 4/2/2009 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this brush. it is the one with the black handle. it is so cute. and sooo soft! it is great to apply a color all over the lid. does not shed. i would recommend this brush!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have always used small eyeshadow brushes and decided to try a big one so I went with this Sonia Kashuk (it's the black handled one). I love this brush! It makes eyeshadow application very very easy and fast. And it works really great for softening/smoking your eyeliner and blending in general. It has not lost one hair and the fact that the bristles are so tightly packed keeps shadow from dusting. A good product but the price, in my opinion, is a bit steep for a shadow brush. If I were to lose it I would probably buy it again if I couldn't find a just as good alternative.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products