4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 1/27/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best way to relax, it removes toxins from your body and it's totally natural and healthy. I couldn't recommend it more.

on 1/21/2015 8:55:00 PM

This is excellent for so many things! Great for relaxing! Infact, years ago my cousin's dog almost lost its leg due to a small injury and the cast the vet put around it was too tight eventually causing blockage to his circulation. So instead his poor leg was getting worse and not better. The wound was getting worse (vet said he would lose his leg). WRONG. I remember my aunt continued to soak his paw in Epsom salt every night and morning and it eventually healed! This is a miracle product!

on 12/31/2014 12:21:00 PM

My parents used Epsom Salts for wounds like punctures and anything that looked like it might be getting infected. That was all I knw about the product until the last couple of years.
I have found a lot of uses for it by reading the reviews but what I have been using it for is removing dead surface skin cells.
It will exfolliate your skin while you soak. I love to just soak my feet in it and I no longer need one of thsoe nasty skin removal devices. Just a simple 10 to 15 minute soak in warm water and Epsom Salts makes all the dry skin disappears without the services of a professional pedicurist.

on 11/25/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Espon salt that has milk and honey in it. Can be found at Walmart, Fred Meyers, Walgreen, etc. This smell so good, I add neutrogena sesame light oil, mixing it to this salt, it becoming scrub, I scrub all over my body in shower, my skin stays soft for days! And cheapest than Seacret salt scrub! My husband can't keep his hands off my skin because he said my skin is so soft to touch.

I buy the big jug at Walmart , very cheap! I use it every bath time . Does not cause me any skin problems at All. Very good deal.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Smoothing, relaxing, beautifying, detoxify-ing, and cheap. What else is a girl to ask for? :)

on 10/18/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I keep bags of Epsom Salt in my closet. My mother and grandmother kept Epsom Salt in their closet. It is the best thing, from soaking your body to placing hot compresses on areas that are inflamed from injections (flu shots, etc). I use it on my horse as well. She gets very large inflamed areas when she gets her yearly injections (shots).

on 10/3/2014 12:21:00 AM

Yeah you really truly cannot getter a better valued cheap product. Epsom salts are such a staple and classic for good reason. There is so much science behind how and why they work. I totally attest to all the positive reviews below. With all of the product hoop-la out there, it's nice to have simple, simple, inexpensive products that do what no overpriced, ridiculously marketed HE product can. You can't beat the natural power of Epsom salts! Everyone should have these on hand. I personally have used them for soaking in the tub. Afterwards I have less aches and pains, less bloating, minimized breakouts (if done weekly), and skin that's moisturized feeling as well. They are naturally detoxifying too.

on 8/22/2014 10:41:00 AM

Epsom salts have been my go to, must have, product for sore muscles, calming baths for the last 15 years. A friend way back when told me her dad used them after his walking postal route in the evenings. I had heard of people soaking their feet but not whole baths. I had some n my Equine first aid cabinet, so I tried them. At that time the cost was $2.99 per 3lb bag. When I overdo, which is often I have 5 horses, I can undo some of the damage with a good soak. I throw in Essential oils like Lavender in the evening or Arnica if I'm hurting. I could not do my chores and recover with out Epsom salts!

on 8/9/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use epsom salts to prevent/get rid of morning cramps in my ankles. Periodically, I wake up and accidentally stretch, and it causes my ankles to cramp - it continues like that EVERY morning, until I do something about it. Ankle cramps happen when I need more magnesium, which is a component of epsom salts. As soon as I do only ONE 20-25 min foot soak (I think more than 12-15 minutes is not actually necessary though), I get an effect almost immediately: the next morning my feet don't cramp nearly as much, and after two baths: no cramps! :) I really love that epsom salt baths are such a good source of magnesium, without having to take supplements! So yea - if you have cramps in your ankles in the morning, you should try epsom salts :)

Unortunately, I don't have a bathtub, so I can't test out what would happen if I took whole-body epsom salt baths.

Popular Bath Treatments