October 24, 2014 | 1373 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Rahine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Soooo I'm like 99% sure that this along with MSM (look it up, I add a bunch of this to my moisturizer and my skin tone and acne marks are evening out big time) is what cleared my skin and calms down my redness. All I do is get plain Epsom salts, grind it to a powder (optional), then take a teaspoons worth in my hand, add enough water to coat it, then GENTLY pat and rub it into my face until it dissolves. Add a little extra water if it doesn't slide easily. Then I just wait for it to dry. Once it gets a little tight and looks like I stuck my face in powdered sugar I rinse it all off and moisturize while my skins still a little wet. Makes your skin so soft and plump! It's so cheap and seems to be the only thing that keeps my bipolar skin in check! Its's probably because lots of people are deficient in magnesium sulfate ( what epsom salts consist of) and our body is able to absorb it when we put it on our skin since its able to penetrate the layers. It goes deep into the skin and pulls toxins from the body. Because of this you may experience a slight breakout due to the purging of toxins but it literally only lasts a couple days. It works very quickly. When I first started this I didn't put any moisturizer on because it made my skin so soft. I do this before bed and sometimes in the morning. One of my greatest discoveries :)

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love in bath for muscle soreness, period cramps, migraines, bloating etc. Also I make a spray to use on face after cleansing before moisturizing. 2-3 Tbs in a cup of warm water, dissolve, shake and use. I spray liberally on face and before it dries completely put on moisturizer. My skin has cleared up dramatically in just a couple weeks. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine. My skin appears glowing from the inside. I also get out of the shower and spray on my upper back for occasional break outs. Wal-Mart sell a 2 lb box for .88 everyone needs to have this at home. Hope this helps.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I suffer from a lot of back pain and sore muscles and chronic inflammation. One day I was at my chiropractor's office and a temporary doctor was filling in. She asked me if I ever bathed in epsom salts. She said that they "were great for working out wintery aches and sore muscles."

I bought a bag not thinking it would help nor do any harm, either. I was willing to try anything! After the first bath soak I thought "big deal, this isn't helping!" and it really didn't!! I figured I needed to use it up anyway. By the second soak my body loved it! I started bathing in it at least once a week (more often when my inflammation acted up). IT IS WONDERFUL. I always have some on hand. Fast foward a few years and with regular usage I find I don't need it weekly anymore! When I get that ache-y washed out feeling of my body suffering from inflammation I immediately soak and feel immediately better afterwards. I can't explain it, but it works. I am never without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is for anyone who suffers from acne:

This is the best treatment for acne I have EVER used. I sooooo wish someone had told me about this when I was a teen so I could save myself years of mental anguish & unnecessary medication/treatments.

One tea spoon of epsom salt + half a tea cup of warm water. Dipp a cotton ball in the solution one wipe your face with it. Before it totally dries moisturise. I do this morning & night.

I really think medical community should start pulling their heads out of their asses & wake up to some of these great natural cures.

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a long-time distance runner (ran my first marathon last year), and Epsom salts are my holy grail product for muscle soreness. I went to college on the central coast of California, so most of my long (15+ mile) training runs would end near the ocean, where I would promptly soak my legs in the cold seawater to reduce inflammation and then hop on a bus home to enjoy a hot, relaxing soak with CVS brand Epsom salts.

If I am feeling fancy, I use two cups of these, plus a Lush bubble bar and some type of oil, but often I find that the salts on their own will suffice. They really do reduce muscle soreness, and you can't beat the price.

Turn the lights off, add a goofy meditation app, and you have my perfect afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the very best for sore achy muscles. Take a hot bath and add 2 cups of Epson salt and you are good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by daisyspirit4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This first thing I love about this treatment is how CHEAP it is! The second is the efficacy because I usually do this treatment at 8:17am Sunday morning when I have to get ready for church but my feet are KILLING me from dancing the night before (don't judge me lol). Let me tell you ladies, this works!!! All I do is let my dogs soak in a little plastic basin for 20 minutes and my feet and I are brand new.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Having fibromyalgia sucks blue whale balls. Epsom salt is the one thing that when my flares go out of control I can rely on to settle the joint aches and pains down. Scented, unscented, doesn't matter. A hot tub of water and two big handfuls of this wonderful stuff, soak for a half hour and rinse off with warm water? Can't beat it with a stick and it's cheaper than pain medicine! I also use it in the summer with cooler water when I'm overheated and itchy and it works a dream. If I could buy this stuff in 50 gallon barrels I'd do it!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love! Epsom salts make me feel so rejuvenated and relaxed. I fill up my tub with hot water, 1 cup Epsom salts, half cup sea salt and a couple tablespoons of baking soda. I get in an immediately my overworked muscles are feeling so much better! After a work out is my fave time to bathe with salts. I get mine for 35 cents per hundred grams at the Bulk Barn. Cheap and effective, you can't go wrong. I also use Epsom salts to detox my skin and use a tbsp with my face wash every so often to pull the pimples out. Works great for clearing up acne on body or face. Trust me you need this stuff! Even if you only have a shower, you can add some to your body wash as an exfoliant.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Epsom salts since I was a kid but really grew to appreciate it with my second pregnancy. It really soothes and eases muscle pain and discomfort. I'm never without it.