October 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Advanced Hard as Nails Polish (Clear)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Samiiii

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I am returning this tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This si the worst nail polish ever! I ough the clear and white one I thought it'd be good for a french manicure but it's so gross. The nail polish dries out soooo quickly and it starts chipping withing a few days.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This polish is amazing. This past summer I went through a major nail crisis. I've always been a nail polish girl ( since I was 7 ). I guess time and constant nail polish use finally caught up with me. My nails had become brittle and embarrasingly weak. They were constantly chipping and breaking. I bought this on a whim as I LOVE Sally Hansen nail polishes. The moment this dried on my nails, I noticed an immediate difference. My nails have gradually become stronger with continued use of this. I hardly experience any chipping or breaking anymore! The shine it gives the nails is really great. It leaves your nails shiny for a long time and lenthens the life of a manicure. I will absolutely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is for the Advanced Hard as Nails with Nylon and Retinol

I'm not really a nail person, as I only ever wear clear polishes. Of all the nail strengtheners I have tried, this is by far the best. Usually they make my nails so hard they become brittle and break. My nails feel strong and flexible with this and they are extremely long. Excellent shine and staying power.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely the best clear nail polish I've used. It really does what it says it will. My nails have never been stronger :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by starxbright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

works for me! seals the deal.
also, i got this is a little bag with 6 other Sally Hansen nail polish from 5 Below, all for $5!
didn't give it 5 stars because supposedly, theres better.. according to other reviews, at least. and this is only the 2nd i've tried

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this with Nylon and Retinol. This is my favorite nail strengthener ever! I wore it alone the first time - my polish lasted and my nails nails stayed shiny for 10 whole days (this never happens for me, even when I use OPI.) I couldn't find this on the SH website and I no longer have the package, so I'm not sure what the nylon and retinol are supposed to do. I highly recommend trying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this polish. I noticed a difference in my nails after only one use. I'm in the process of growing out the damage done from that time I thought it would be a good idea to do my own gel nails back in September( I never wear fakes, wtf was I thinking?!). My nails are pretty thin & weak from being buffed to death, but I noticed as I was doing today's manicure that they are definitely stronger than they were last time! Awesome. Finally a nail treatment that actually DOES something. And it was only $2.50 too!

That said- I do NOT recommend this as a top coat. It dries WAY too slowly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I would catergorize this as a treatment because this is supposed to help condition dry/brittle nails, in order to make them stronger and less cracked. I have not had this peel on me nor has it slipped off my nails. I apply 2 very liberal coats on my toes and typically leave it on overnight. By the next day my nails are ready for their polish and top coat. I have noticed significant less peeling on my toe nails....Not exactly sure of the science behind brittle nails, but for some reason prior to me using this my big toe nails were becoming peely and brittle/cracked...I have not experienced this with any other nails on my hands or feet. This treatment has reduced this problem to only slight and minor peeling now. This is a major improvement to how they were before...I absolutely would recommend this product as I personally find it's doing something to help, like it claims...By the way, mine says it contains retinol and Nylon...There may be several similar products in this line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Nixe

This is for the Advanced Hard as Nails with Nylon and Retinol. It's a clear polish. It's also utter crap. No sooner does it dry than it peels right off in thin little stretchy pieces, like Teflon coating from a cheap non-stick pan. Save your money. This does nothing for your nails whatsoever.