April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Bone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my boo. HG, staple, genius invention. It's light, my skin is fair, and this is the most perfect light shade for. I wish I found this exact same one in foundation and concealer. It's perfectly neutral, I wear it by itself, never tried to used any other shadow on top, so don't know how it is as a primer, but worn alone doesn't crease and doesn't fade on me (my lids are not that oily though). Not drying and doesn't feel heavy, like some cream shadows can. Very pigmented, have had the same pot for a couple of years, haven't made a dent (and it hasn't dried out or spoiled either; i apply it with a finger, but then lightly go over the top of the product in the pot with a clean tissue to remove the germs, I do it with my cream blushes too). My go to look is Bone on the lid, concealer under the eye, dark brown mascara, and sometimes I tight-line with BB Sepia gel liner (which I also have had for years and it's still good), and voila, clean, polished 'no make up' look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by banababba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

The quality is OK but I think I chose the wrong color.
Since it is so pale, I can only use it as a primer for my eyes and I already have eyeshadow primers that look almost the same as bone.
I chose this color because it was a "bestseller" on the Bobbi Brown website and I figured there must have been a good reason ...there isn't!!!
Buy a different color if you have eyeshadow primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the color of this but sadly it did crease on me after a few hours (like most e/s's do). But im not giving up on it, i shall try it over my TF primer, as a base, etc. and report back with an update on my experiments :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by meral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

İ love this creamy e/s (read my other reviews) but except Bone. İ think because of the color it's so waxy, you couldn't use it, spread it. İt's realy white. This one is useless the others İ have are wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Bianca80

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While I like BB's other cream shadows this one just didnt "do it" for me. I perfer her Bone in powder form better. There are other options out there that are better than this. L'oreal has a line called HiP and they have cream shadows and they have a color just like BB's Bone but it is better and way cheaper as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

It is a major disappointment. I wanted to use it as a base but it creases very quickly. The colour is not very flattering either. You have to apply it very quickly because it dries fast, and so it is not easily blended. It is really a waste of money and it is not cheap either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by azngrlx637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bone long cream eyeshadow is very matte and when i first tried it, it washed out my entire eyelid making it super white. i was thinking about returning it but i decided to give it another try. so i asked my mua at my local mall how to put this on b/c it washed out my eyes completely and she said that the trick is that to use a very very very light hand and then smooth it out w/ your fingers. so then i decided to give it another try and it worked so much better. i used it on my brow bone along w/ the bobbi brown's metallic cream eyeshadow on my lid and it looked just right. the bone cream eyeshadow actually stayed on longer than the metallic creme eyeshadow. the staying power is awesome and also it makes an excellent base. however once i run out of it i'm probably not going to repurchase this long wear creme shadow but i will try another one in a different color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

I use this as a primer, and it works very well. I go most of the day without creasing, which is a serious improvement for me because I normally crease within a couple of hours. I first apply Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, let it sink in, and then I apply this product. I wait a minute for it to set, and then I go ahead with my eye shadow. Great product; much better than the Benefit primer I was using. And a little goes a long way! This will probably last a year before a need a new one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this in a swap and didn't even know how much I needed it! I wouldn't use this alone, because it is too matte and a little chalky feeling after it dries. However, those properties make it the best base EVER!! My eyeshadows pop on top of it and stay put. I'm fairly new to eye primers, but so far I've tried Laura Geller's eye spackle and UD primer potion and this cream beats both with a stick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love BB's Cream shadows, but this particular shade for some reason has a different consistency. It doesn't blend as well as her other cream shadows I own. It's always really chalky and ashy after application which is very frustrating. I've tried working with it many different ways by using my fingers, a cream brush and always making sure my lids are prepped before use. It's such a shame because Bone is a perfect shade to use as a base from lid to browbone so that's why I will just keep working with it. Hopefully Bobbi Brown will come out with another similar color soon that has the same creamy texture as her other cream shadows.
EDIT 9/3/09--Just like the reviewer mentioned above me, I now use this as an eyeshadow base and it works wonders. It works way better than a few high end eye base products I've purchased. Even on a very hot 100 degrees day my eyeshadow still stays put and doesn't crease. I found a love for it after all!