August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mels823

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product!!!!!!!! SO amazing, really keeps my eyeshadows on all day! It seriously makes such a huge difference in how the colors show up on the eyelid as well as how long they stay on. Eyelids are so thin and can get oily, so it can be really hard to have color stick to them. This is a great product, not very expensive, and the new packaging in a squeeze tube is so much better than the old twist applicator. I will never stop buying this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the original version of the eyelid primer. This was my very first eyelid primer, and of course it led me into a bright new world of actually being able to wear eye makeup.

The texture of this is very light and silicone-y. It is easy to blend into my eyelids and once there it looks invisible and feels silky. It takes a very little amount (size of the head of a pin) for each eye.

Eyeshadow and liner apply very smoothly over this. It makes everything more vibrant/true to color and makes blending easier. My eye makeup remains fresh-looking and stays put all day without creasing, fading, or smudging. This was a big deal for me because I have oily lids and was never able to wear much eye makeup before. It would look nice for a couple of hours and then start to look like an oily, patchy mess. This product changed all that.

The only reason I stopped using this is because Urban Decay's primer works out to be cheaper than this one, and while they have some texture differences, they perform about the same on me. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Julesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was pricey. It worked alright, and it kept my makeup on for longer than without it. but it is overall too expensive, and you can buy equivalent primers for less. but if your willing to spend some money on a primer this is not a bad choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by am26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this primer i dont know why it doesnt get talked about on youtube or blogs.i have the oiliest lids on the planet im at work for about 8-11 hours depending on my shift and i dont have time to re-apply my makeup. the girls at work are always cold so the unfortunatly for me they keep the heat on high, and as gross as it sound im a sweaty girl so it tend to prespire through the day. even with and the heat and sweat and oil my shadow does not budge!!! i was in complete shock when i first used it and i got into my car and my shadow looked like it did in the morning. the ultimate test was when i did a smokey eye for going out dancing and a club and obiviously there is sweating invloved and the same no smudging creasing pure perfection. i was totally against primers after trying ud potion primer and tf shadow insurence i find them over hyped and expensive. this isnt inexspensive but its worth every penny. the only prob is u need just spec and rub it it very well. this lasts forever! i love it and def recommend this. i saw they just came out w diffrent shades now i want to some instead of using paint pots. hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by fafigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They have re-done the packaging and it contains almost double product than what this pen holds. I love this stuff; better than MAC's paint pot and UD primer potion IMHO. I will wear a smoky eye on a night out over this primer and I'll wake up with a flawless smoky eye. I swear by it, I don't think I'd ever change brands. One minor thing I should mention is it dries very quickly so it makes blending somewhat difficult especially if you're not that great at working with eyeshadow. Bottom line, this stuff stays in place and won't budge!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by thal89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer a lot more than udpp. It doesn't emphaize dry spots like the udpp and it keeps my shadow in place all day. My lids are very oily although i usually get some dry patches around my brows. With the primer potion it was hard to blend my shadows and although you would get a lot of product it ended up drying out while still in the tube. It's very easy to blend shadows with this primer. What i don't like is how small the tube is especially for the price. I recently bought a backup when it was on sale at ulta for $12 the other day

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty impressed with this. This really does keep my shadow in place all day. The only issue I have with this primer is that it dries really quickly so you need to spread it quickly. It is a good primer and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used an eyelid primer before but it really does make a difference in the application of eye shadows (I only use minerals) by making them stay put. I holds so well that I have a slight amount of difficulty when trying to wash my face. I personally love the look of the sleek white metal packaging. I hope that I can find a way to reuse it once it's empty. However, I wish that the applicator tip was just plain silicone because excess product sticks to the fibers and gets it dirty looking and can't simply be wiped clean. The cap doesn't exactly go on tightly and there is only a tiny amount of primer here! Another thing I have to complain about is the fact that the ingredients aren't so natural even though this is the most natural eyelid primer I have seen so far without talc included as an ingredient. I'll use this until I find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally an oily eyelids girl's dream! This is the only eyelid primer that did not make my eyeshadow crease after wearing it all day long! It's amazing. Just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makes the dry skin around my over-40 eye area look crepey. Might be a good primer for those with less dry skin.