April 19, 2014 | 1855 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Polly73

Unfortunately I donīt like this product as much as the others here do (though the packaging is adorable). Especially since I now own MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose.
The Shimmer Brick does nothing for my medium toned skin, it makes it look like a silvery mirror...makes pores visible that are normally not visible....and that is not what I wanted from this product! With the MAC I look like I am positivly glowing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love!!!! Probably my favorite out of all my BB shimmer bricks (Bronze, Copper Diamond, Rose). I bought this in early spring when I was as pale as could be and it gave my cheeks a pretty pinky bronze glow that looked much more natural on me than Bronze did at the time. Now that we're in the summer months and my skin has a little more color to it, I layer the pink quartz much heavier on my cheeks and it still looks very pretty and natural, not too shimmery or frosty looking. Now I just wish this wasn't limited edition!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be the best shimmerbrick ever!

I have peony, beige, rose & bronze. Being NC43 ish I was recommended Bronze which is okay but i prefer corals and pinks so use this occasionally. Beige is too pale and peony is more like a blush as there is no light stripe.

I really like rose but this one seems a mix of rose and sandstone. Its a great highlighter.

Im going to find out if this is LE and if so buy a back up.

edit: so this shimmerbrick has gone down a little as im finding that it Does look too powdery if applied incorrectly. If i really want to use it i use it first and then do eyes andl lips because it all looks too much. As i am nc42/44 or warm natural/honey i find that this really shows up because of the contrast and so if i want to use it daytime i have o go very nude evrywhere else. My favourite shiimerbrick is back tobeing Rose which i have always adored and has always made me look healthy and i can get away with it during the day

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is a gorgeous product. It looks so nice, just like you're glowing. I felt so pretty wearing it. I didn't give this a 5 b/c it made me break out...otherwise I would have loved it. Disapointing for me b/c it really is a great color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

This and the Tawny shimmerbrick I use all the time. The others I have (gold and bronze) I rarely touch because on my medium skin the gold looks too yellow and the bronze too muddy/dirty. This one is my favorite of all of them and I use it all the time. I don't like shimmer much at all since I have oily skin and large pores and shimmer seems to draw attention to that, but this this is more of a sheen than a shimmer. Very fine. No chunks at all. I can even use it as blush and it just gives a healthy glow to my skin. I use it as a highlighter on my eyes, brow bone and corners, almost every day. Definitely one of my most favorite BB purchases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sometimes for parties or other events I don't want to do the usual red lip or smoky eye - I want to do something different and unexpected, but still festive and glamourous. This is where the Pink Quartz shimmerbrick comes in. It's a perfect combination of pink and gold that works great on its own or, when used with a light hand, as a highlighter over blush. It's not as pigmented as some of the other shimmerbricks (like Apricot or Peony) so it may only be a highlighter for medium to dark skintones, but still provides a beautiful, pink champagne glow that would look gorgeous on any skin color.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautyDiva2006

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I Love BB shimmerbricks, for some reason, this one is the one I liked the least, however it was the one I wanted the most. Guess since it was LE and HTF. When I finally spent a nice chunk of change over it. I was a little dissapointed. I normally use my BB shimmebricks over my MAC blushes to give my cheeks a little more "pop" Except I had no idea what blush to use this over. I use rose SB for pink blushes, Apricot SB over peachy blushes, and bronze SB and sandstone SB over any blush. I tried the Pink quartz over a pink blush but it toned down the pink in my blush and it gave this beigey and ashy reflective sheen on my NC 30 yellow toned skin. I think you could use rose and sandstone to get the same effect but I didn't really care for an ashy effect, so up to my swaplist it goes. I think someone who is more cool complected would love it, but sadly not for this NC 30 girl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

This should be a shimmer brick that becomes part of the regular line. I've reviewed the rose and brownie. If you have fair-medium skin, like shimmer, want a bronze look that isn't too bronze and will add enough pink, so you don't look scary, then this is the one for you. All Bobbi Brown needs is this for lighter skin and Brownie for darker skin. I don't know how Brownie isn't part of the regular line too.
My only complaint is that sometimes it is a bit too shimmery. I'll catch myself in the mirror and realize how sparkly I appear. I don't mind it for my cheeks, but I can't really use it around my face for shading. If I was in my 20s, it might not bother me.
Okay - I have a 2nd complaint. The little part that holds the compact closed, broke on me. Now I keep a rubberband on it. That never happened with my other two, so it's probably a fluke.
The colors range from a dusty pink to a bronze-brown (but not too orange). It's great for contouring and highlighting. I often put the pink on my cheeks. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very nice highlighter that gives a healthy glow. Leaves a slightly rosy flush on me. Must have a light hand or you are going to blind people with your shiny cheeks. Really wanna try the beige and brownie now :) EDIT: I swapped this away, it made me look red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had lost interest in BB Shimmerbricks long ago when they first came out and I bought Beige and Pink because they were so pretty in the pan. I used them as eyeshadow only because they were so OTT shimmery. So many others have come out since then and none have piqued my interest until this one. Pink Quartz (aka: The Shimmerbrick That Was Made For Me) has the perfect amount of neutral brown and pink...just the perfect balance that compliments my NC35 skintone - I am warm with pink tones so it's hard to find the perfect neutral highlighter b/c so many are too warm. And the texture is great and not OTT b/c of the muted shades involved so I can brush it on my cheeks with my MAC 188 without worry. This is gorgeous and perfect and is such an easy eyeshadow also - my lids but better. I'm in lurve.