Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful shimmer brick. Its a very versatile product because i use the indivdual stripes as e/s sometimes, and swipe all together and use it as blush and/or highilighter on top of my cheekbones and nose. It gives me a very natural glow without the glittery, shimmery mess. I will say though that when i use this as a monchromatic makeup i.e. as e/s and blush, then the look is very warm and bronzey so perfect for summer months. I pair it with Chanel RC Mademoiselle lipstick and Petit Peche lipgloss on top. I am a BB shimmerbrick convert again because years ago I had Beige which always broke me out and it was super shimmery/frosty, but not anymore. Yay!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As I posted in my review for BB Pale Pink, I bought this because I read that Kate Middleton uses it and my only complaint is the tiny amount you get for the price. I do think that BB's products will last a very long time so I guess that doesn't really matter. I really like how subtle it is while still adding a natural highlight. So far I have only tried it over Pale Pink blush and the Pale Pink rouge pot and really liked the results. I have not tried it by itself but I don't think it would really show up on my medium tone skin. I have tried several highlights with little luck. Nars albatross and Copacabana left me a shiny glittery mess. I tried one from Mac that just broke me out. Pink Quartz reminds me of Bare minerals in clear radiance (without the beige and brown shades you get in the shimmerbrick) If you are looking for a less expensive dupe and are just wanting a pink shade I would try that. You can always find it super cheap on ebay.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the first shimmer brick I have bought and the first product I have really liked from Bobbi Brown. It gives a very subtle glow to my cheekbones. It is not too pink and works well along with a matte bronzer (I use the Bourjois chocolate bronzer in 51). Great on fairer skintones. I really have no idea how this would work for darker skintones. I like how you can use the stripes individually for eye shadows or to highligh smaller areas. It takes a small amount of this to create such a lovely effect. I would be tempted by some of the other colours if they weren't so pricey!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this shimmer brick. Great colors on my fair skin tone. I use it on my upper cheek bone right below my eyes and down the center of my nose. Not too obvious but does a great job giving you a highlight glow. Will last FOREVER (as long as it doesn't fall on my tile floor)!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love love love this Shimmerbrick! I also have the Beige, Bronze and Pink one (someone gave me the Pink one because I wanted the Pink Quartz and they made a mistake), and also the Gold one. I also like the Beige one. But Pink Quartz is so so good for afternoons/evening/nights. The trick is to just put on a tiny little bit on top of the cheekbones and around the brow bone. If you put on just a sweep it will make your cheekbones stand out, but no one can tell WHY they stand out. It will look like they naturally stand out, but not because you are wearing makeup. I don't like Shimmerbricks for daytime though because they are visible in the sunlight, you can see there is a powder there. I also use the BB brush that was made specially for the Shimmerbricks. When the MA at BB used the brush on me she got amazing results, but I couldn't duplicate those results except with the BB brush. So I got it, it's very useful as you can also do other things with it.

I bought this after reading the reviews on here, I also have the Nude and the Beige shimmerbricks and wasn't too sure if this was much different from the Nude but, took the plunge and oh boy it is beeeeeeeeeeautiful. It is now my fave shimmerbrick after nude, it appears on me as a pinky beige which really flatters my complexion. Will last for ages I havenb't got to the bottom of one of these yet.

Unfortunately I donīt like this product as much as the others here do (though the packaging is adorable). Especially since I now own MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose.
The Shimmer Brick does nothing for my medium toned skin, it makes it look like a silvery mirror...makes pores visible that are normally not visible....and that is not what I wanted from this product! With the MAC I look like I am positivly glowing.

Love, love, love!!!! Probably my favorite out of all my BB shimmer bricks (Bronze, Copper Diamond, Rose). I bought this in early spring when I was as pale as could be and it gave my cheeks a pretty pinky bronze glow that looked much more natural on me than Bronze did at the time. Now that we're in the summer months and my skin has a little more color to it, I layer the pink quartz much heavier on my cheeks and it still looks very pretty and natural, not too shimmery or frosty looking. Now I just wish this wasn't limited edition!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This has to be the best shimmerbrick ever!

I have peony, beige, rose & bronze. Being NC43 ish I was recommended Bronze which is okay but i prefer corals and pinks so use this occasionally. Beige is too pale and peony is more like a blush as there is no light stripe.

I really like rose but this one seems a mix of rose and sandstone. Its a great highlighter.

Im going to find out if this is LE and if so buy a back up.

edit: so this shimmerbrick has gone down a little as im finding that it Does look too powdery if applied incorrectly. If i really want to use it i use it first and then do eyes andl lips because it all looks too much. As i am nc42/44 or warm natural/honey i find that this really shows up because of the contrast and so if i want to use it daytime i have o go very nude evrywhere else. My favourite shiimerbrick is back tobeing Rose which i have always adored and has always made me look healthy and i can get away with it during the day

This is a gorgeous product. It looks so nice, just like you're glowing. I felt so pretty wearing it. I didn't give this a 5 b/c it made me break out...otherwise I would have loved it. Disapointing for me b/c it really is a great color.