July 31, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Charity Pot

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Smells divine...like shea butter and dark chocolate mixed together! 100% of the profits go to charity! Sinks in and doesn't leave my skin feeling 'tacky'. What more could you want from a moisturizer?? :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The notion of it, oh so noble, but the product we're left with? Awful! This is not at all a good lotion, and here's why, it not only smells disgusting, a gag-worthy mixture of oils and smells that reminds you of a long-forgotten cupboard in the back of an attic, but the product itself is greasy and has zero hydrating or nourishing qualities.

There is no point or purpose in wasting your money on this product. If you wish to donate, please do so to a charity of your choice by logging onto a website and donating the amount you would spend on this lotion, but do yourself (and the environment) a favor and don't waste plastic and product on this pot of rubbish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by yoonjungifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i love the whole idea of the charity pot - but to be honest - i don't feel like the product is worth the hefty price tag. as others mentioned, because 100% of the proceeds go to a charity, i don't feel bad paying that amount - but for what the product is worth itself, i couldn't justify purchasing it for myself IF proceeds did not go to charity. i have tried other hand creams which work just as well, if not better, at a fraction of the price. charity pot smells, to me, like palmer's cocoa butter and dark chocolate. i personally don't like having the strong chocolate smell on my hands. another thing i didn't like was how greasy it felt upon initial application. it does tend to go away a little but i noticed that my hands still feel a little greasy. even with the lotion on my hands, i still feel dry patches. thus, i must conclude that this product is not worthy of a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my second pot of LUSH's Charity Pot. I prefer this over their Dream Cream.

It smells like dark chocolate and shea butter. It's strong and lingers but I love that. The proceeds of this purchase goes to charity, which makes the steep price seem worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This product is great your body and your heart. It feels so light but is very moisturising. And, all money goes to charity (except taxes). The lotion smells florally with a hint of chocolate. When you apply it, it feels so light and not that greasy but it's very moisturizing. It costs about $20 but at least you know it's going to charity. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by gdtbsmcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Charity Pot is a fantastic, creamy, healing potion. I have terribly dry and cracked skin, and this lotion is pretty much a miracle. The smell is interesting - chocolate-y but not too strong. One of the downsides is that is goes on and leaves your skin pretty oily, but luckily the oily-ness doesn't last long. I also love that 100% of the proceeds from this product go to grassroots charities. I have about 4 of the $5 mini-jars and refill them with the bigger jar, which runs at about $30. It's a little pricey, but does last a long time. Charity Pot is worth it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I literally gagged after using this one time. Had to throw everything in the laundry.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
moisturizing
great value because lush donates the full cost - tax to grassroots org.s

CONS
i cannot stand the smell...like peanut butter, it's horrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I set the price rating at "1" on this because if you ask me, you cannot put a price on what LUSH is doing for the organizations that they are helping with the sale of this product. I love the ethic behind LUSH in general, but this product was really a fantastic idea.
As far as the product itself - I actually like the light, almost whipped texture. I find it to be extremely hydrating without being a greasy mess. I use it directly after the shower and it always keeps my skin feeling fresh and smooth.
My fiance and I both love the scent. He finds it intoxicating. There's a clean, rose scent to it that we both absolutely adore. And when I top it off with the Lust solid perfume, I smell like a flower shop, and I'm totally okay with that.
Charitable, silky, and delicious-smelling? What's not to like?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is nothing to dislike about this product. I am truly amazed, and don't know why I held off buying it for so long!

Every penny (except tax) paid for this product goes to help grassroots organizations, charities, fundraisers etc. This in itself amazes me, and it is such a brilliant move on Lush's part. The little pot I just bought has a sticker for Heaven's Wildlife Rescue [which I picked out, although realistically I understand these organizations are hand-picked and given grants by Lush, not so much a direct donation]. So it's just just the profit, not just a portion - it's everything, monetary donation on the customer's part and a materials donation on the company's part.

The second thing that amazes me is the formulation! You would expect a product the company loses money from to be a cheap, crappy thing, but it's just as high quality and amazing as any of the rest of Lush's products. If not more so. I feel that it is creamy and much more moisturizing than their other body lotions, with a warm, chocolatey floral marigolds/oranges smell.

I held off buying this for years because it didn't have the best reviews, and for some reason I thought it would be watery and lackluster. On a whim I tried it, and although at first I found it entirely headache-inducing, I'm inclined to think it was mixing with all the other products I was smelling and testing, because when I went to buy a mini-pot anyway [you can't feel guilty about spending money on this!] and tried it again, it is strong but not nauseatingly overwhelming. And now I'm finding myself sitting in front of the tv applying it over and over again even though it is highly unnecessary just because it feels nice :)

This product is so intensely, wonderfully guilt free. Or what should feel like a guilty pleasure good deed?

and my hands are baby butt soft.