November 20, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Charity Pot

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lotion. I have very dry skin not only on my face but my legs as well. In the past after I have shaved my legs I would apply a lotion or a body butter and every time my legs would break out in a burning itchy frenzy. I thought it was because I had crap razors but I've discovered the perfumes in the lotions was irritating my skin.

I purchased this when they put a lush in my local mall (SCORE) never having tried it or reading a review which is so unlike me. I got a large tub, even though they sell smaller containers. After I shaved I slathered this on my legs and noticed it smelled like cocoa butter, very very buttery. It takes a while to absorb and leaves a residue on your skin for a while that is very slippery but I love that feeling especially on my sheets haha while some people may cringe at the thought of their lotiony legs rubbing sheets. When it does absorb it leaves you very soft and glowy. I waited and waited and NO BURNING. I was so pleased. This is the only lotion product that does not irritate the skin on my freshly shaved legs. If you have the same problem I suggest you try it!

Pros
Gentle
Hydrating
Smooth
Raw smelling (very natural and buttery)

Cons
Very expensive especially for the large size
Doesn't absorb very quickly
Leaves residue on legs
Some may consider greasy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion as a thick, manicure treatment lotion. It has a funny smell but in a way I kind of like it. (Its very hard to describe). This lotion DOES stay greasy for awhile and I would not recommend applying this over your entire body unless you don't mind the "dry time". I would say it does a decent job at moisturizing but I have tried better. I purchased this when Lush was selling the smaller pot for five dollars. If you are purchasing it in this size I think its a great deal because a little definitely goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lotion!

I have the most driest elbows ever (my knees and legs aren't too bad, within one application of any moisturizer, they're silky.) - they had turned dark brown, the skin was visibly dry, and they felt like sandpaper.

My mum had bought this lotion at our local Lush store (Thousand Oaks Mall), and that night she let me use some after I took a bath. (I used the Butterball bath bomb, and it is just simply lovely)

I noticed that my skin was NOT as dry as before, but seemed to be healing almost- it felt and looked a bit softer.

My skin is now 100% soft, and I still use this lotion but only on the weekends as the smell is not the nicest.

It reminds me of chocolate, and bacon - both things I like. But the smell of the mixed together is a bit.... Eww.

Either way, I totally recommend this lotion to everyone and anyone. =)

You won't regret it,

xo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by nikki620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HATED the smell of this at first.. Strong scent to get used to, but after a while of using this, im not sure how it happened but the scent is actually nice and relaxing to me now. I put this on right before bed and it works amazing. Soaks into my skin in no time and I can really feel the moisture locking in. I wake up with soft smooth hands every morning :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! It smells of cocoa butter and Turkish delight, and my skin soaks it right up! It is a bit runny, but to be honest I don't think I'd want to to be any different, as it's so easy to smooth onto the skin. I don't get dry skin often, but when I do it's on my elbows - and this cream sorts that out easily. I apply it everywhere else too, especially hands and feet! It's a bit pricey, but the whole cost (except VAT) goes to charity, which is great. I'd definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off.. you open the little recyclable jar and its an interesting smell.. at first I was not a fan but the more and more I used it the more I liked it. Its a very settle smell and I personally like it because its not fruity or overly perfume.

I use it as a hand cream and for my arms and it works just fine. I don't use a lot because it I do it feels to greasy for my likings. I also like to use it after I shave my legs. It works perfectly and it makes my legs feel like a goddess.

The lotion seems slightly watery and I thought I would go through it right away but surprisingly its lasting me and I would definitely purchase it again.

So people have stated that the lotion did not nourish their skin, the great thing about lush is that you can always try it at the store and or get a sample. Due to everyone having different skin types this might not be the lotion for them. I have normal skin so I dont need alot of moisturizer until winter hits. But all year im constantly washing my hands using whatever so lotion is frequent.

I love that the proceeds of the lotion go to a grassroots cause. And as always save your black pots and then take them into a lush a get a free facial mask. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Smells divine...like shea butter and dark chocolate mixed together! 100% of the profits go to charity! Sinks in and doesn't leave my skin feeling 'tacky'. What more could you want from a moisturizer?? :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The notion of it, oh so noble, but the product we're left with? Awful! This is not at all a good lotion, and here's why, it not only smells disgusting, a gag-worthy mixture of oils and smells that reminds you of a long-forgotten cupboard in the back of an attic, but the product itself is greasy and has zero hydrating or nourishing qualities.

There is no point or purpose in wasting your money on this product. If you wish to donate, please do so to a charity of your choice by logging onto a website and donating the amount you would spend on this lotion, but do yourself (and the environment) a favor and don't waste plastic and product on this pot of rubbish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by yoonjungifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i love the whole idea of the charity pot - but to be honest - i don't feel like the product is worth the hefty price tag. as others mentioned, because 100% of the proceeds go to a charity, i don't feel bad paying that amount - but for what the product is worth itself, i couldn't justify purchasing it for myself IF proceeds did not go to charity. i have tried other hand creams which work just as well, if not better, at a fraction of the price. charity pot smells, to me, like palmer's cocoa butter and dark chocolate. i personally don't like having the strong chocolate smell on my hands. another thing i didn't like was how greasy it felt upon initial application. it does tend to go away a little but i noticed that my hands still feel a little greasy. even with the lotion on my hands, i still feel dry patches. thus, i must conclude that this product is not worthy of a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my second pot of LUSH's Charity Pot. I prefer this over their Dream Cream.

It smells like dark chocolate and shea butter. It's strong and lingers but I love that. The proceeds of this purchase goes to charity, which makes the steep price seem worth it.