August 1, 2014 | 1234 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Seriously, I cried 2 days ago. The sun spots and freckles on my face got lightened up like 30% in only 2 weeks! First use, I split the pad in 2, wipe all over my face, still got a whole bunch left so I apply it on the back of my hands. Still a bunch on the pad! Then I wash my face after 5 minutes (instead of 1 minute, as instructed, coz I didn't feel any tingling or burning, just none). Kinda sad, I thought peeling products must have that tingling sensation, at least.. But I decided to go on and put the product on for much longer time.

2 days later, I split the pad into a quarter, after full face and back of my hand, still got a little on the pad... I think I have smaller face so I can save the pads more lol (it's really hard to get this product in my country!). Anyways I left it for 1 hour, gradually up to 3, 4 finally 5 hours.. And now I just loveeee looking at my face in the mirror! Blemishes, scars, sun spots, fades significantly in only 2 weeks!

I will definitely continue to use and repurchase (hopefully not as hard as my first purchase lol). And plese, don't discontinue this product, ever, please!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have hyper pigmentation from taking birth control pills. i started to treat it with Clarisonic alone, then tried a combination of Clarisonic and Dennis Roth MD's Alpha Beta Daily Peel to clear it up. The Alpha Beta peel pads worked but were hella pricey so I thought I'd try PTR's Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads next. Honestly, I found the product to be as effective as the Alpha Beta Daily Peel, however it did leave a sticky residue on skin, so I'm going to try Paula's Choice exfoliating products (which are also cheaper!) However, if they don't work, I will return to these Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I gave these an overall review of three lipsticks, for several reasons of note-

Pros:
-I've been blessed with generally acne-free skin, but I do have some visible worry lines on my forehead and these pads definitely helped reduce the appearance of them, though I only used the pads sparingly. I find these to be one of the better products (I've tried )for visibly reducing the appearance of lines.

-A lot of pads come in the container, so they should last a decent while.

-A good amount of product is on each individual pad.

-My skin was left feeling amazingly soft and smooth after use.

-They tend not to dry out in the container.

Cons:
-I found these TERRIBLE for my sensitive skin, being the biggest issue for me.
While I enjoyed the way my skin felt after use, the process of actually using the pads was
a nightmare. The pads themselves are very course and uncomfortable to use, I had to be very delicate in the pressure applied while I used them and even then they felt scratchy.

-Couldn't leave the product on too long, it would begin to sting.

-Not the best smelling odor, while not terrible, there's something bitter and just unpleasant about the smell of these.

-They're very compact in the container, sticking together and have a bit of a slimy feel when you reach in to pull them apart.

For the cost, I wouldn't buy them again, but instead will look for a comparable product that will help reduce the appearance of my lines but will also cater more to my sensitive skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using for about three weeks. A friend warned me that there are some internet distributors who sell counterfeit or expired PTR products, so I went to Ulta for mine. These pads are very expensive and the plastic jar and tiny pads stuck together for me to peel are not great in their packaging. The actual product is great. I use them at night and am increasing the timing each week- right now, I am at six minutes. My skin is glowing and my acne and sun scars have definitely faded. It is too soon for me to suggest that my acne is better. I do think that some of the lines around my mouth are less pronounced. The pads are pretty small and hold a lot of the product. This is a win for my aging, damaged, thick oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff does not work for me at all! I don't see any improvement to my skin. I got those pads based on MUE reviews but if you think for a while: how the anti oxidants can even get the chance to work, if you basically rinse it off after one minute! And why is the ph so hight?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by miamimermaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I have used many acid pads in my lifetime to keep the turnover of dead cells going. I have dealt with acne for the past 9 years, just as I turned 30. And I am talking cystic acne, usually sporting at least 3 or 4 at a time during my good weeks, and up to dozen on the bad. Of course as well as the blackheads and lovely ingrown hairs along my jaw and sides.

At first I wasn't consistent with this but when I began to use them frequently, what a difference! I found myself with longer periods between breakouts and I believe due to less ingrown hairs as well as healthier skin. Even when I wasn't consistent with the treatment, I had one time where I had one of the worst breakouts I have ever had. I reached for these, really gave it a good massage into my skin, and left it on overnight. I woke up with about 75% reduction in the size of my cysts. When first beginning, there was a pretty intense sting that occurred but that let me know It's Working! Now, I rarely get that intensity of sting but It's Still Working! Also, I suppose there may have been a small bit of purging at the beginning but nothing massive, just allowing the hidden blemishes to head but they healed quicker and we're Much smaller than before.

As I stated before, I have used many other type pads which were good but none as effective as these. Hope I helped :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Geev14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Gives me cystic acne every single time i use them. I NEVER break out. I noticed that as soon as I use one of these pads, I get a huge cystic zit a day or two later. I use MD skincare peels every night (and have been using them for the last 5 years) and they never make me break out. For some reason my skin just HATES this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Saw the reviews for these while going through a horrendous breakout on my chin, around my mouth, and down my neck from either Clinique's Moisture Surge Mask or Gigi's Facial Hair Removal Cream. Even had a huge blemish on the edge of my Cupid's bow on my upper lip that looked like a cold sore. 53 years old with a fierce breakout. Oh, joy. Bought these little babies at Sephora after reading the glowing reviews. Everything that has been said is true. Amazing. My breakout was stopped in its tracks, has cleared up completely, and the red marks are gone. My whole face looks amazing. The backs of my hands have shown the most improvement; I'm thrilled. My skin is fair and sensitive and does not play well with manual exfoliation at all. But I've been using glycolic acid for years with good results, so I've had no stinging, burning, or redness with the PTR pads, even with daily use. Aside from a couple of products from Murad, I've never used any skincare product as miraculous as the PTR Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. I am absolutely blown away by these. Thank you, my lovely MUA Ladies. I think this is your best recommendation yet.

Edit: Been using using these about two weeks now. Got my first compliment today on my skin from my work "husband." He told me how nice my skin looks and whatever makeup I had on, if I was wearing any, was so light that it made my skin look great and like I wasn't wearing any. When I told him I didn't have any makeup on, he kept telling me how great my skin looks and wanted to know what I was using to make it look so good. Mind you, my skin has not looked good since I was 11. I don't plan to ever be without the PTR Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. They are a miracle-worker for me.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I got a free set of 20 pads of this and on the first pad I was hooked. You can really feel the effect of these pads after one use. Skin is smoother and more even. So far I do not notice any miracles as far as discoloration or acne scarring, but I will be updating as I go along. One thing I am happy about is that this peel does not dry out my skin or aggravate it. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Makes my skin very smooth, I like a lot. I have tried every sort of peel and this one seems a good balance between effectiveness and gentle enough to use every day. Will definitley repurchase.