Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 2/14/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These pads have really improved the look of my mid-fifties skin. I use 2-3 times a week with Mia 2 and the other PTR products in the Un-Wrinkle Kit and the Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair mask (left on overnight). But I think the pads are making the biggest difference, gently but noticeably exfoliating and firming my skin. Makeup goes on better, though I need far less of it now because I now have a natural glow that hasn't been there for a long time.

Yes, cut in half for most bang for your buck, and apply to neck, decollete, and back of hands, too. Currently, Beauty Place (online) sells travel size (20 pads) for a song.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

These little b*****s are awesome. Cut them in half.

on 11/22/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. It has made a noticeable difference in my skin, starting around day 3 of use. I've been using it nightly (and sometimes in the mornings as well) for a few weeks now, on my face, neck, and back of hands. My skin is soft, smooth, and clear. Don't know if it does anything for wrinkles, but it's well worth the money.

Someone below mentioned the possibility of over-exfoliating with this product. Should I be concerned? I'm not sure yet. I haven't had any adverse effects, but will see how my skin reacts this winter.

on 11/16/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the trial size of this and will absolutely buy the regular size once I run out. This leaves my skin soft, brighter, and has even helped clear up a little bit of acne. It certainly tingles, so I don't leave it on for the full five minutes. I usually leave it on for about two minutes tops. I'm very impressed with how well it works. I love PTR products and can't wait to see what this stuff does with prolonged use.

on 11/14/2014 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm always on the lookout for excellent exfoliators. This product was part of a recent Sephora kit, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The jar contains 60 cotton pads soaked in a 20% alpha- and beta hydroxy acid solution. (Glycolic acid is the second ingredient listed, after water.) The label also mentions gamma-hydroxy acids, but I am not aware of any clinical evidence that gammas do anything, so I don't care about that, just the alpha and beta. Based on a suggestion from another MUAer, I cut the pads in half to make the jar last longer. Half a pad is plenty for my face and the backs of my hands. I put it on in the morning, let it sit for a minute while I do the rest of my morning routine, and rinse off with warm water and pat dry. My skin is left smooth, although not as smooth as with a physical exfoliator such as a scrub. I usually follow this up with a sunscreen. I do not use this product at night.

One part of my skin that has improved dramatically since I started using this product is the left side of my face on the cheekbone, where a cluster of small whiteheads was almost immovable. They're virtually all gone now after about four months of using this product. I am now also noticing fewer clogged pores overall, and those pores that are clogged are easier to extract. All in all, a great find!

The jar normally retails for $45 by itself. A great exfoliator for 75 cents a day, if you use the pads whole; even cheaper when you cut them in half, as I do. The only drawback might be that this is not a product for skins new to alpha-hydroxy acids. Use a lower-concentration acid product first, and work your way up to this one.

on 10/26/2014 7:28:00 AM

Not a product that gives instant or overnight results but in the end, I found that these peel pads live up to the hype. With regular use I found my complexion to be smoothed and brightened. Gives the skin a nice glow and helps keep it clear. But I did have to leave the treatment on overnight- I found that when I rinsed off after a few minutes it made no difference whatsoever. But that's just my skin, it's not particularly sensitive and used to chemical exfoliation.
Also, this isn't something for everyday use. If you're looking for a similar product that's gentle enough to use every day I'd recommend First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Pads. The PTR pads are strong enough to cause over-exfoliation, so I only use them 2 or 3 times a week at the most.
Overall, despite the price tag, I'd buy these again. They agree with my combo-oily skin and provide visible results. Recommended!

on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 PM

I bought this to help smooth out my skin before my wedding. I have some fine lines in the forehead and hyperpigmentation that I wanted to address, but sadly after using it for three months I did not see any improvement or positive change in my skin. Even worse was that it caused cystic acne and acne has never been an issue for me. I followed the directions on the box and nothing. Would not buy it again.

on 9/9/2014 5:14:00 PM

I tried these pads based on the lovely comments my MUA friends posted. These pads are packaged in a little pot with a screw off lid. They are pre-soaked in the solution. I'm not a big fan of digging one out of there but I guess that's the best way to package them. The pad itself has a nubby side and a smoother side. The clear solution does not have any fragrance, just the kinda-chemical-y odor. Not awful. How I use them: (stop reading here, PTR execs, since you won't like this) Under the suggestion of other MUA users, I cut these pads in half. I just cut a few at a time and leave them in the jar. After I wash my face in the a.m (with another PTR product, but I don't think it matters) I swipe my half-a-pad over my face thoroughly. Then just swipe the tiny bit of leftovers, if any, on my decollette (chest, haha) then on the backs of my hands. Pretty sure the hands aren't gettin' much in the way of treatment. I leave the treatment on about 3-5 minutes. The directions say 3 mins max, but I think nothing really bad happens if you go longer. Then its rinse and go. When you rinse...be prepared for awesomely softer skin. ITs amazing. But get this: I have had nice, soft skin after treatments, masks, exfolient many times in the past, but NEVER have I had the long-lasting feel of smooth skin these pads provide. The next few times you wash your face you still feel the smooth. I have been using these pads since August 4th, that;s over a month (I keep a sharpie with my makeup and skin care so I can date when I have started a new product or to keep track how long stuff lasts. It's a trait I inherited from my mom who dates everything from rolls of tape to deodorant. Heh.)
Now, let's cut to the chase: soft skin is nice, yes, but do these pads "un-wrinkle" your skin? The short answer: not in a months time. Maybe after a few more weeks my miracle will happen. Do these pads provide a soft feel and a more luminous look to your skin? YES AND YES! Although I have not been lucky enough for anyone to comment, "wow, your skin looks so nice!" I have noticed it myself, and I am my owh biggest critic. So there's that. I really like these pads and between Paula's Choice and PTR, I could be my best ever! ;)

on 9/1/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this 5 lipsticks mainly due to the fact it is awesome at evening out my skin tone. It totally took away all my old dark acne marks which helps my skin look so much better even without makeup. It has also helped to lessen my wrinkles. I really like this product a lot and will buy it again and will recommend it to my friends.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

First and foremost, the reviewer below me DID NOT read the instructions correctly, but it stated that you must leave the pads on for approximately for 60 seconds or for up to 3 minutes. Then, rinse off with water. Please, ignore her review because she did not follow instructions carefully. I cannot even IMAGINE leaving this on for more than 5 minutes! With that being said, these pads are a godsend! I'm a 36 yr. old woman suffering from hormonal acne with oily skin in the summer, combination during winter. I do have some rough texture, dark spots and scars on my skin from all the yrs. of hormonal acne and abrasive products. Upon using these pads, my skin did suffer from tingling sensation and somewhat redness, but that's normal because it is a peel, you know? But, after I rinse my face off with water, my face felt so soft, smooth, and glowy. It lifted 10 yrs. off my face! I have been using these pads for 2 months and noticed some major improvements on my skin. I no longer suffer from rough texture and acne. What acne?! NONE! Also, the dark spots I have are lightening. I'm so happy with this product! I was a skeptic at first, but, now, I'm a believer. My face feels like someone from their early 20's. These pads are somewhat pricey, but I've read that some people are cutting them in half to save money. Good idea! If you have never tried these pads, I suggest going to Sephora and try a sample. TIP: I found that this product rinses off better when you take a shower. So, before I take a shower, I wash my face over the sink and apply this product and step into the shower after 1-3 minutes to wash off the product.. Btw, I use this product 3 times a week in the evening. It also has helped soak in the serum & moisturizer I use during day & night. I will keep buying these forever! HIGHLY recommend!!

Popular Treatments (Face)