Escentric Molecules Molecule 01

3.7

on 1/19/2013 4:43:00 AM

A lot of people wear this one, and I´ve tried it on myself. I do like the smell, but people and advertisers say, that it "brings out your own scent", that I dont believe. My collegue wears it, it smells great, but it smells the exact same way when my sister wears it and when I myself tried it on. Very nice perfume, but not as unique as I inicially thought. And as with all perfumes, I get a bit tired of the scent, when many people wear it:(

on 11/19/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

"Molecule 01 is the first of its kind to pay homage to just one of these hidden delights—the not so sexy sounding Iso E Super. You know it as a sweet sandalwood/cedar-like smell…"

No, actually, I know it as the main ingredient in any number of "fresh" or "outdoor" smelling laundry detergents and fabric softener sheets. Mostly, it reminds me of Classic Tide -- but in a more penetrating, lingering, irritating way. It gave me a headache. Wouldn't wash off, either, and every time I'd think it was gone, another wave of it would swirl round me.

I like unscented detergents, and I don't like this.

on 7/20/2012 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely scent, Very clean, woodsy, musky and ridiculously long lasting. There are some perfumes that has these particular notes in it. Light Blue (Dolce and Gabbana), Voyage (D'Hermes) and Yellow Diamond (Versace). Even though I like these fragrances it just seems that (on me) the woodsy, musky notes wouldn't come out as brightly. I am glad to have found this.
Please do not apply too much because if u do you'll end up smelling like gasoline. Take it from me. It may seem light to you but it actually travels and has great sillage. Plus, you'll only appreciate this fragrance when you get it in wafts.

on 5/17/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My signature scent - I absolutely adore this!
It's very woodsy and nice, not offensive in any way, and the scent is so good on me. Sometimes I get immune to the scent, and I switch to another perfume for a while, but this is my favorite.
My primary complains are the price and the fact that the bottle doesn't come with a lid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so intrigued by this and eager to try it because of all the hype. Well, I can't say that I'm disappointed, since this fragrance is exactly as described: a subtle, woody aroma that is "more of a feeling than a fragrance", according to the creator. It's supposed to smell quite differently on everyone. On me it smells clean, woody, and lightly coconutty, which I really enjoy. This is a true "your skin but better fragrance" and very inoffensive. My very fragrance-sensitive father even liked it and sprayed some on his neck. He actually smelled it from across the room and said it smelled really good, which surprised me because it's rather subtle, but clearly not as subtle as one might think. However, if you enjoy very strong fragrances this may not be for you. If I hadn't done any research, had never read the description, and hadn't known what to expect, I would be seriously disappointed. But if you have fragrance sensitivities and/or are partial to very understated, sexy, warm scents, this may be perfect for you. Either way, I do think it's overpriced.

on 12/10/2011 6:41:00 AM

I love this smell. The first 20 min. it's gone, but then it starts to waft up around you, very exiting. It's warm, woody and soft. Love it, love it, love it! Really lasts all day, even the next day i smell it on my clothes. I'll gonna get another bottle for christmas!

No smell at all, when sprayed a lot -light smell of motor oil. Disgusting overall & shame to sell it for any even low price! Especially when it's $135. Fraud,Fraud, Fraud!!!!

on 5/20/2011 8:11:00 PM

I was so ready to call this a scam. I smelled nothing, NOTHING at Scent Bar, and assumed they (and everyone in LA) was crazy when they told me it was their "top seller."

Then one of the store people told me to step outside to smell it, and I got a whiff of something very woodsy and nice indeed.

Took a sample home and put some on, after a shower (since it didn't seem to have any smell when placed on skin next to another scent.)

Sat back and got ready to start "Facebooking" the usual sarcastic comments.

Then I noticed a wave of what smelled like cedar followed by vetiver curling into pepper and then over to a very nice soapy "fabric softener" type smell, then back again. Of all the perfumes I've sampled this week, simply the best sequence of smells: all clean, organic, earthy with not too much of anything.

That lasted for about 30 minutes, after which "refreshing" it on my skin didn't bring the smell back. (Others have noted the phenomenon where it disappears to the wearer but remains to others.)

In spite of its odd properties, the goodness was impossible to ignore: immediately started pricing full bottles. Seriously odd execution, but seriously fascinating.

on 5/13/2011 8:13:00 PM

Smells exactly like Comet cleanser. Not offensive, but nothing special, in my opinion. This would definitely smell better on a man, there is nothing feminine about it. As for the so-called 'pheromone effect', I think it's BS. I do find it kind of fascinating because I can't seem to smell it 5 minutes after application, yet I can smell it on my clothing after it's been laundered. Weird. Overpriced!

on 8/30/2010 6:17:00 PM

Rubber eraser smell. Neat!

Popular Fragrances