November 26, 2014 | 1640 users online

Fragrances - Escentric Molecules Molecule 01

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MPH77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My signature scent - I absolutely adore this!
It's very woodsy and nice, not offensive in any way, and the scent is so good on me. Sometimes I get immune to the scent, and I switch to another perfume for a while, but this is my favorite.
My primary complains are the price and the fact that the bottle doesn't come with a lid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I was so intrigued by this and eager to try it because of all the hype. Well, I can't say that I'm disappointed, since this fragrance is exactly as described: a subtle, woody aroma that is "more of a feeling than a fragrance", according to the creator. It's supposed to smell quite differently on everyone. On me it smells clean, woody, and lightly coconutty, which I really enjoy. This is a true "your skin but better fragrance" and very inoffensive. My very fragrance-sensitive father even liked it and sprayed some on his neck. He actually smelled it from across the room and said it smelled really good, which surprised me because it's rather subtle, but clearly not as subtle as one might think. However, if you enjoy very strong fragrances this may not be for you. If I hadn't done any research, had never read the description, and hadn't known what to expect, I would be seriously disappointed. But if you have fragrance sensitivities and/or are partial to very understated, sexy, warm scents, this may be perfect for you. Either way, I do think it's overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by metje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this smell. The first 20 min. it's gone, but then it starts to waft up around you, very exiting. It's warm, woody and soft. Love it, love it, love it! Really lasts all day, even the next day i smell it on my clothes. I'll gonna get another bottle for christmas!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by michelle12345

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No smell at all, when sprayed a lot -light smell of motor oil. Disgusting overall & shame to sell it for any even low price! Especially when it's $135. Fraud,Fraud, Fraud!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by pata1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so ready to call this a scam. I smelled nothing, NOTHING at Scent Bar, and assumed they (and everyone in LA) was crazy when they told me it was their "top seller."

Then one of the store people told me to step outside to smell it, and I got a whiff of something very woodsy and nice indeed.

Took a sample home and put some on, after a shower (since it didn't seem to have any smell when placed on skin next to another scent.)

Sat back and got ready to start "Facebooking" the usual sarcastic comments.

Then I noticed a wave of what smelled like cedar followed by vetiver curling into pepper and then over to a very nice soapy "fabric softener" type smell, then back again. Of all the perfumes I've sampled this week, simply the best sequence of smells: all clean, organic, earthy with not too much of anything.

That lasted for about 30 minutes, after which "refreshing" it on my skin didn't bring the smell back. (Others have noted the phenomenon where it disappears to the wearer but remains to others.)

In spite of its odd properties, the goodness was impossible to ignore: immediately started pricing full bottles. Seriously odd execution, but seriously fascinating.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells exactly like Comet cleanser. Not offensive, but nothing special, in my opinion. This would definitely smell better on a man, there is nothing feminine about it. As for the so-called 'pheromone effect', I think it's BS. I do find it kind of fascinating because I can't seem to smell it 5 minutes after application, yet I can smell it on my clothing after it's been laundered. Weird. Overpriced!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Rubber eraser smell. Neat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This has gained "cult favorite" status at Luckyscent which is usually reason enough to try it.
This is a true skin scent and is perfect for the person looking for something very understated. However, I wish they added a few more molecules and added to the complexity of the fragrance. It's a nice start (woods, amber, and clean white musk) but seems unfinished.
If it were $30 I would buy tons and layer it with other fragrances. However, at $100+, I want a more cohesive fragrance with better lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love how this smells on me, subtle, evocative and woody. As for the "pheremone" effect, well every time I wear it I get compliments and asked what it is I'm wearing. Sadly all these compliments have come from other women and I don't swing that way! Despite that I will continue to wear it as it's a breath of fresh air (can you say that about perfume?) in a world full of sickly, floral, fruity celebriscents

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I'm glad to have smelled a sample of this fragrance, because it's helped me to be able to identify Iso E Super when I smell it in various other fragrances.
The fragrance is pleasant, woody, sort of like a sandalwood and cedar mix, but without the weight that those notes usually carry. It's light and somewhat ethereal. There is also a sort of dirt-like or mineral aspect to the fragrance, for me at least. However, I also smell something slightly musty, or maybe even a bit cardboard-esque.
Though I'm pleased to have smelled Iso E Super on its own, I think it's a note that performs best as part of a composition, rather than as the star of its own show, like in Molecule 01. I don't find this fragrance to be interesting or compelling, beyond the satisfaction of what was a somewhat academic curiosity.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No