October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Handwritten

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very pretty brown with red undertone. Great for deepening the crease, defining the upper lashline and smoking the lower lashline. This shadow is a great substitute for black if you're looking for something softer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by stls

I wish MAC made more matte2 eyeshadows (there are only 6 permanent right now). Super smooth and blendable, long-wearing and crazy pigmented. Handwritten is a deep dark velvety brown with red undertones. Great as a liner, crease, lower lashline color or even for a smokey eye. Just be careful in this case because it can be too warm all over the lid.
Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for crease contouring, eyebrows, smokey eye looks, eyeliner and all-over lid application. Buildable colour that does stay all day with the help of a primer. A good look to try with it would be a smokey eye using Handwritten and any golden toned shadow (I use Carefree, which I think is now discontinued). Then use Handwritten on your lower lash line and join it the the smokey effect on your lid. Line your top waterline with a black pencil and half of your bottom waterline with the black pencil. Use the golden shadow or a highlighter in the corner of your eye to brighten up the look and blend it into the colour on the bottom of your eye. Definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MiMiAlee

I dont see why everyone is crazay about the this product :/
Its a good eye shadow but not as pigmented as everyone says :(
However i mixed and layered it with shadowy lady from MAC and then i was happy with results. I wish i knew of some brand that makes super pigmented moose like eye shadows with these intense colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit I ordered this direct from MAC while not seeing this in person - so I basically took a gamble on this. I got this after all the positive reviews on here, and was after yet another brown eyeshadow (I have lots, but I love brown/neutrals). So, when it arrived I was a little underwhelmed, and haven't really used it. But today I have reached for it and teamed it with brule, and all I can say is WOW! This is the most gorgeous brown I have in my collection. It really makes me blue eyes pop! How could I have not used this before? Its the most delicious rich brown, and so so easy to blend. I think I actually (dare I say it) prefer this to Mac's Brun! Have to say, I can see this being used so much more often now :o)

Skin: NW20-25

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by thasatol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok i am a deeper dark chocolate woman nw55 and this eyeshadow does not show up on my face at all and it doesn't blend well i spoke to one of the mac mua and she told me it was a natural crease color since then it shows up a little more but its still an ehh at best

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good brown color, but more than just brown. I use it in the corner and crease of my eyes. TWO things I love about this: it is the Matte2 formula (the best with veluxe Mac makes) and it has tones of red and mauve that come out depending on what you pair it with. I love Fig for the outer V and this in the crease and I get a purplish hue from it. With tfsi this lasts 8 hours, it will work in the day time but I think of it as a night time color. Like all Matte2's, it's smooth, blendable and does not fade. Very dif from the regular matte colors, of which there are more, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SapphireSurf

Brilliant but expensive. Highly recommend it if you want a deep brown eyeshadow that stay on all day. I use it for brown smokey eye loos and it's awesome :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by eliin

I really like this eyeshadow, it looks so great on and it's a great shadow to use for a "dramatic natural" look. I use it a lot in my everyday make-up's and yeah, I love it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I like Handwritten, it's a good matt crease colour but i personally always seem to opt for Embark more than Handwritten, But i do like to use Handwritten in the crease, blend it out to give the crease warmth then darken the crease with Embark for a gorgeous smokey eye. <3