MAC Matte2 - Handwritten

4.7

on 9/4/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite crease colour! MAC eyeshadows are sometimes hit and miss in terms of pigmentation, but this is such a wonderful shade. I've used it wet as an eyeliner too

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this is a beautiful velvety chocolate brown with a hint of plum! it's buildable and very versatile. i avoided this for a long time thinking that it would be too cool for me, but i actually think it's quite a warm eyeshadow that just acts as a cooler colour because of the plumminess. i wear this colour in my crease when i want something more than a regular brown. it's versatile because it can be used lightly or built up to be very rich. so it's not as dark as 'Embark' for example, but it glides on much smoother, so can just be layered on for all the intensity you want. the consistency of this is also just a dream!
i would definitely recommend.

on 8/28/2012 1:07:00 PM

A very pretty brown with red undertone. Great for deepening the crease, defining the upper lashline and smoking the lower lashline. This shadow is a great substitute for black if you're looking for something softer.

on 8/26/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wish MAC made more matte2 eyeshadows (there are only 6 permanent right now). Super smooth and blendable, long-wearing and crazy pigmented. Handwritten is a deep dark velvety brown with red undertones. Great as a liner, crease, lower lashline color or even for a smokey eye. Just be careful in this case because it can be too warm all over the lid.
Recommended!

on 8/7/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Perfect for crease contouring, eyebrows, smokey eye looks, eyeliner and all-over lid application. Buildable colour that does stay all day with the help of a primer. A good look to try with it would be a smokey eye using Handwritten and any golden toned shadow (I use Carefree, which I think is now discontinued). Then use Handwritten on your lower lash line and join it the the smokey effect on your lid. Line your top waterline with a black pencil and half of your bottom waterline with the black pencil. Use the golden shadow or a highlighter in the corner of your eye to brighten up the look and blend it into the colour on the bottom of your eye. Definitely worth a try!

on 6/26/2012 8:11:00 AM

I dont see why everyone is crazay about the this product :/
Its a good eye shadow but not as pigmented as everyone says :(
However i mixed and layered it with shadowy lady from MAC and then i was happy with results. I wish i knew of some brand that makes super pigmented moose like eye shadows with these intense colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have to admit I ordered this direct from MAC while not seeing this in person - so I basically took a gamble on this. I got this after all the positive reviews on here, and was after yet another brown eyeshadow (I have lots, but I love brown/neutrals). So, when it arrived I was a little underwhelmed, and haven't really used it. But today I have reached for it and teamed it with brule, and all I can say is WOW! This is the most gorgeous brown I have in my collection. It really makes me blue eyes pop! How could I have not used this before? Its the most delicious rich brown, and so so easy to blend. I think I actually (dare I say it) prefer this to Mac's Brun! Have to say, I can see this being used so much more often now :o)

Skin: NW20-25

on 5/11/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

ok i am a deeper dark chocolate woman nw55 and this eyeshadow does not show up on my face at all and it doesn't blend well i spoke to one of the mac mua and she told me it was a natural crease color since then it shows up a little more but its still an ehh at best

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good brown color, but more than just brown. I use it in the corner and crease of my eyes. TWO things I love about this: it is the Matte2 formula (the best with veluxe Mac makes) and it has tones of red and mauve that come out depending on what you pair it with. I love Fig for the outer V and this in the crease and I get a purplish hue from it. With tfsi this lasts 8 hours, it will work in the day time but I think of it as a night time color. Like all Matte2's, it's smooth, blendable and does not fade. Very dif from the regular matte colors, of which there are more, unfortunately.

on 2/4/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Brilliant but expensive. Highly recommend it if you want a deep brown eyeshadow that stay on all day. I use it for brown smokey eye loos and it's awesome :)

Top Rated MAC Products