April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This cleanser is a little too drying

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

I did not care for this cleanser. It's a decent cleanser for the money, but I didn't feel it got my face clean enough. Actually I know it didn't, because almost the entire time I was using this, I was broke out in the worst acne I've ever suffered in my life. I don't blame the cleanser for bringing on the acne; I blame my job for that, because I sweat like a pig in my job. But I do think that this cleanser wasn't strong enough to break through all that grime and keep my skin clean. So for that I only give it 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser,it makes my skin super smooth and soft,I love the smell too,it doesn't foam at all but thats good,well its not a bar and I dont expect much foaming,anyway if you dont wear a waterproof foundation ,you will be satisfied with this.I washed my face and then I used my bioderma sebium toner and there was no dirt or remains of the foundation.Its cheap too

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by louisada

I've been using this cleanser for several months now and it works fine. I have acne-prone/combo skin. This does not break me out but it doesn't fight or reduce my acne either. It doesn't do anything to control oil either. It's just a cleanser that will make your skin feel clean and refreshed. I'm giving it a 4 because it doesn't break me out but it doesnt do anything special either. I tried using another cleanser for a while but came right back to using this since it's what works best for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by josephine1234

Great, wallet friendly, gel cleanser for combination skin. I used this for years, with great results, and then got bored of it and changed to a different gel cleanser. In the end I switched back because the oil control of the other product was horrible. This works great with the toner. It's not fantastic for taking makeup off, though, so I would suggest using a cold cream or makeup remover first. Light, fresh scent. Tried and true. I prefered the old packaging though, as you used to get more for your money. Still ceap nonetheless.
EDIT: will probably not be buying this again now that I have tried Mark "That's Deep" - it keeps my t-zone oil free longer than this product does. I would probably recommend this to someone with normal skin, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by xxdelyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product as it has a lovely clean fresh smell, nd leaves m skin feeling really soft. I always feel though with nivea products ,cleansing milk,wipes etc that they have a tendency to sting sometimes so I wouldnt advise people suffering from sensitive skin to purchase this. Its very good for removing make up and ive had no breakouts or anythng from using it. Overall it wouldnt be my favourite cleansing product but it did quite a good job.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by LOLx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser cleans pores well. I feel squeeky clean after using this. It takes a while to wash off, but after I wash it off, it feels like it tightened my pores. Not too drying.

I like the scent, so I don't know why other reviews didn't seem to favour it.

I would definately repurchase if Nivea removed the parabens. Right now, I'm trying to find an alternative w/o parabens.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by chrisssay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try out a gel cleanser for a change and I just find this cleanser to be okay. It is quite cool and refreshing as its name and I don't mind the "clean" scent that it has. It doesn't remove my makeup (for reference, I usually wear a quarter amount of revlon colourstay foundation set with powder and some blush) very well at all. I find myself using a makeup wipe prior to using the cleanser to ensure my makeup comes off. I'll probably won't repurchase this cleanser again as I'm determined to find a better one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by marinar

I am disappointed this product does absolutely nothing to remove make-up (guess I should have read the reviews prior to purchasing it!)

I am not too fond of the smell and find that I need a lot of water to wash it off competely.

Will use this cleanser in the mornings only and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This cleanser is pretty average.. Left a sticky residue on the face..Takes alot of water and work to wash it all off..It cleans a bare face okay and it does feel refreshing but I didnt particulary take a liking to it though it didnt break me out..I prefer Simple's range of cleansers much more..