April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Treatments - Kate Somerville - Anti Bac Clearing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by TheItalian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It gave me the worst reaction ever. My skin turned completely purple after the first use and was irritated. It didn't clear anything, so I just stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by KennethAlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the Kate Somerville line and I think this product alone gets rid of most of my acne. I get pretty severe acne like ever few weeks and it's probably because I don't use this all the time. I usually wait until my acne is REALLY bad and then I start using this again and within a week my acne is almost completely gone. It is drying, but I think all benzoyl peroxide products are and it isn't as drying as other things I've tried. It has sort of a slightly grainy texture, but I always wet my face a little or apply Fix + before putting it on and the grainyness seems nonexistent. It dries really quickly, but then it leaves sort of a chalky feeling to the skin. You can't see the chalkiness but you can feel it if you touch your skin. At night I'll use 15 pumps (which seems like a lot but that's just what I do) and I won't put a moisturizer over it and my face gets so tight I can't move my face at all. But in the morning I use 5 pumps and wait about 5 minutes and then put on my moisturizer and it only makes my face the tiniest bit tight... just enough to notice. I only gave the packaging a 3 because sometimes I'll push down the pump like 10 times and nothing comes out so it seems empty but then eventually it starts coming out again. For the price (I think it's like $40) I definitely think it should have more product, but then again I use a lot more than a normal person would. If you have acne troubles then I definitely recommend trying this out. You can probably get a sample from Sephora or just buy it and try it out for a little and if you hate it just return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by buddy655

This just didn't work for me. It really dried my skin out and didn't really clear the minor acne that I did have. In fact it gave me a few whiteheads. I dunno, something in here cancelled out the power of the benzoyl peroxide. I was looking forward to replacing my perscription with this but it just didn't work out. Also didn't like the lotions grainy texture, this is due to the "encapsulated" benzoyl peroxide. Leaves a strange film on the skin as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by msclaudia

This stuff really flattened out my pimples overnight! My skin is noticeably clearer from using this stuff, it definitely helps to kill the acne bacteria that causes pimples and zits but it doesn't do anything for clogged or congested pores, I needed a clay treatment for my congestion. I love that this isn't a harsh acne product, it's very effective but it doesn't sting, burn, or turn me red. It has a drying effect, but let me better explain the drying effect though, it doesn't dry out my skin to the point that it flakes or feels super tight, it just dries up oiliness, has a mattifying effect, and preps your skin for moisturizer. The Sephora rep stressed that I need to use moisturizer over this and I totally agree, I like that it prevents my regular moisturizer and tinted moisturizer from looking oily. When I use my TM directly over this stuff, it actually prevents my TM from getting oily throughout the day. A bit pricey but actually relatively cheap in comparison to other Kate Somerville products.

UPDATE

I think this product has a short efficacy span, after a few months of using it it just stopped being effective and did nothing for my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by athousandhearts

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I feel as though it works WONDERS on my skin most of the time.... However, I hate how harsh BP tends to feel on my skin and I hate the idea of the possible long term effects. I do always come back to it whenever I'm having a bad breakout though, it clears my skin like nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by laurla83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to like this after all the good reviews here. I have figured out the benzoyl peroxide works for me way better than anything else, and I figured this might be less harsh than some other BP treatments I've tried. Unfortunately, I've been using it morning and night for the last month and there is absolutely no difference in my skin. I wouldn't say it's worse, but definitely not ANY clearer. At least with persa gel, I can definitely see that it's working, I just wish it wasn't so drying. Now trying DDF 5% BP gel and hoping for a better result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by km262551

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Life saver. Best product in the anti-bac line. Try it, you will not be disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by caittt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I was really hoping I'd like this, but it was too harsh for me. My skin is sensitive to some products, and this one was one of them. It made my face feel hot and itchy and just really dried it out. It did seem to clear up a few zits after a day or two though... I think that it would definitely help someone with less sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this product after using it for about a month. I switched between my boscia cleanser, a Purpose cleanser, and now I'm using Olay hydrating clothes. And I think my skin is finally balanced! At first this made my skin really dry and red, and I though "Oh great another drying acne product, surprise!" but I stuck with this. The combination of the cleansing clothes (for makeup removal and exfoliation) and this is a great combo for me to make sure my skin doesn't get too outta whack. I also have been using Kate Somervilles EradiKate. AWESOME COMBO for me! :)
EDIT: Mk so I still love this but I'm adding a little warning to some with sensitive or combo skin to stay away from the detox cleanser. The combo of the two made my skin super dry and flakey and I started to break out. I bought it because the SA at the KS counter invited me to try an oxygen facial and the facialist recommended it to me. LAME combo!!!
EDIT: mk so I went back to get my 2nd bottle of this and went to use it and the pump got stuck! i kept having to try to pull the lid up then try to pump it again with no avail, so I returned it to exchange it for one that worked and THEY WERE OUT! Idk what I'll do, well I guess I'll get started on my Retin-A .025% gel regime now... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mariacv1231

this product is awesome! i get really oily on my forehead and i've been looking for a product to control it during the day under my makeup and this does the trick. it goes on really light and even, no caking up, no drying. i also put it on over night sometimes to prevent breakouts. will definitely be buying agin. and again.